PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to go on some adventures?

Nocte
05-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm in need of some help. My main character is a level 19 cleric, and I'm trying to get out of my bronze armor. Everywhere I go, I'm encumbered because it's too damn heavy. If I have to run from something, I just die, because my leisurely stroll away from whatever is eating my face off isn't really effective. It's like a fat kid with lamb chops tied to his feet running from a pack of wolves.

I've started my Sol Ro armor quests because the rewards are better AC and lighter weight (plus a few stats here and there), and it's cheaper than a set of fine plate. The problem is that I'm not really of the level to complete the quests on my own, and I don't have a guild full of high level ass-kickers to help me out. Most of the mobs in the quest series can be done at about 35, but continuing this cyclical death-cycle for another 15-ish levels does not sound like a lot of fun.

I'm hoping that there's anyone hanging around that is kind/bored/interested enough to break away from the norm and help me into more functional (and fashionable!) armor. I'm not asking for money, I'm not asking for gear, I just want someone to help with the following mobs:

Maugrim 28-ish necro on Kerra Isle
Sluge 30-ish goblin in Runneyeye

I'd appreciate any help with this, and while I can't offer any coin (or not enough for the help, anyway), I'm a conversationalist and you won't be bored (hopefully).

Baa
05-12-2010, 12:38 AM
I know your pain - DE SK in full bronze here.

Would help out... if I was higher than level 11, good luck!

astarothel
05-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Not worth the effort. Get some banded crafted to replace the heaviest bronze and plow ahead. I was in the same situation as an erudite cleric.

Those mobs to get the solro armor are inconvenient at best, and at the worst have horrid mob spawn times (maugrim) or oddities (Regis). Each piece also takes at least one bar of enchanted platinum to make (~120 plat on its own which would cost more than many fine plate pieces would), and only the bracers are worthwhile to get statwise.

Your best pieces are actually not plate for the most part, but any ones with Wisdom. Cheaper ones include split paw hide gloves, Savant Cap, etc.

Elendae
05-12-2010, 01:25 AM
bleh. I didn't realize it was that costly for those pieces. Kind of unfortunate. Lambent is the same way now that I think of it, something like 100 for the gems required. I had a lot of fun questing them though, so I wouldn't mind helping if that's the plan. I'll send you a tell if I see you.

Weekapaug
05-12-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm in need of some help. My main character is a level 19 cleric, and I'm trying to get out of my bronze armor. Everywhere I go, I'm encumbered because it's too damn heavy. If I have to run from something, I just die, because my leisurely stroll away from whatever is eating my face off isn't really effective. It's like a fat kid with lamb chops tied to his feet running from a pack of wolves.

I've started my Sol Ro armor quests because the rewards are better AC and lighter weight (plus a few stats here and there), and it's cheaper than a set of fine plate. The problem is that I'm not really of the level to complete the quests on my own, and I don't have a guild full of high level ass-kickers to help me out. Most of the mobs in the quest series can be done at about 35, but continuing this cyclical death-cycle for another 15-ish levels does not sound like a lot of fun.

I'm hoping that there's anyone hanging around that is kind/bored/interested enough to break away from the norm and help me into more functional (and fashionable!) armor. I'm not asking for money, I'm not asking for gear, I just want someone to help with the following mobs:

Gull 35 aviak in OOT
Dwigus 30-ish goblin in Dagnor's
some named ghoul and a zombie in NK, level 30-ish (to be done twice, one for each bracer)

I'd appreciate any help with this, and while I can't offer any coin (or not enough for the help, anyway), I'm a conversationalist and you won't be bored (hopefully).

My GF and I are in your exact situation and we are planning to do the armor quests ASAP also. We are a shade behind you at 17/18 but we are hoping to be closer to 20 in the next day or two. Our plan was to get to 25ish since that opens up new areas level-wise before doing a few quests and starting the Sol Ro armor quests in particular. If you would like to join us, you are more than welcome. We may have to keep levelling up to do the mobs you list, but at least we can bang out some of the lower level ones and replace heavy bronze on at least a few slots before then and see how we do with the higher ones as we get closer to 30-35. In EQ, its your overall stats that matter, not slot-by-slot, so patching up your gear with banded as others suggested will give you some unencumbered legs until then, so to speak.

Toss me a PM here or contact us in-game, if you want. I play a Warrior named Beleri and she is a Cleric named Elenwenn.

BTW, off-topic, but why is your name familiar? For some reason I seem to remember you from the SK boards ages ago but it could have been something to do with progression just a couple years ago, maybe? Or the safehouse?

Omnimorph
05-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Full bronze before level 20? That's pretty good by my recollection.

I didn't have full bronze on my toon till 30!

Course you'd probably be better off finding leather pieces than bronze. Or maybe even buying Fine plate. The quests are definitely not worth the time vs reward.

YendorLootmonkey
05-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Come to Runnyeye... my almost-18 ranger is parked there, waiting for people interested in escaping Unrest and the 1-mob-every-3-minutes pull rate. :)

Phil
05-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Come to Runnyeye... my almost-18 ranger is parked there, waiting for people interested in escaping Unrest and the 1-mob-every-3-minutes pull rate. :)

1 mob / 3 minutes > 1 group / 3 hours

mgellan
05-12-2010, 08:39 AM

I'm parked there but unfortunately by my 9PM CDT play time everyone seems to have vamoosed. If you need a 19 tank (Sagann, in full bronze :) ) I'll be there tonight at 9!

Regards,
Mg

YendorLootmonkey
05-12-2010, 10:00 AM
1 mob / 3 minutes > 1 group / 3 hours

If people would realize the ZEM in Unrest is not worth it when it's camped all to hell and spread out more, we wouldn't have that issue. But if you want to cram more people into Unrest until groups have to camp individual spawns, be my guest... ;)

astarothel
05-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Gull 35 aviak in OOT
some named ghoul and a zombie in NK, level 30-ish (to be done twice, one for each bracer)

Here's a more in depth reason why I recommended just getting fine plate:

Gull: You need a SoW and DMF/float to get there since the boats aren't in game, and even then its still a long walk, since you have to go from sisters island all the way there.

Maugrim: bad spawntime/rarity, odd placeholders, and in a place where the surrounding mobs are not green until 36+

Sluge: Easiest out of all them unless he bugs out and gets stuck in the water - or Borxx is up in which case you can just write off Runnyeye altogether.

Regis the Reverent: currently stacks up in multiples from when people kill his trigger, but not him. There was 7 of him when I last checked. After a server reset/patch they seem to go back down to 1/none. If you are going to do this one, do it then.

Dantes
05-12-2010, 12:18 PM
How bout Crafted? Is that worth it? Most of the items seem to be dropped in areas that are camped and I see it for sale a lot.

vinx
05-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Crafted is deff worth it, more ac then fine plate or mith bp.
minus the helm, you can do without that piece

Nocte
05-18-2010, 07:34 PM
This is a bit late, but I wanted to thank everyone for all the offers of help I got. I completed my entire Sol Ro armor set (except the weapon and the shield, which I didn't want, anyway) a few days ago.

MAJOR props go out to the following people (in no particular order):

Laurellin
Deliverator
Andain
Brutillus
Jewce
Jackie
Xael
Kimmie
Graz (spelling? you were the troll shaman that helped me with Gull)
Hueylewis

I could not have done it without you folks. While we might not have made any progress (particularly on Kerra Isle and with ports to Toxx...), the time you dedicated towards helping a stranger out with a quest that soaked up your time for no gain at all speaks volumes about your character, and I'm not referring to your EQ one. Thank you all.

To the rest of you that said the quest was worthless, neener neener. I have a matching set (:cool:!) of armor with more AC and less weight than fine plate, and I got it cheaper than I would have purchased the fine plate for, AND there's a bit of stats scattered across to boot. I would rather have spent the time and plat on this quest for a distinguishable set of gear than simply have purchased some crafted stuff that looks like everyone else. I want to thank the naysayers, too, though. Without them I might not have had the "I'll show them" attitude that was motivated me to stick with it an continue spending my coin on platinum bars as soon as I had enough for it. My reward is being able to write this paragraph (and the armor, obviously). :D

I'm finally not encumbered anymore, and running at normal speed feels wonderful. Thank you, P99.

Baa
05-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Grats mate!

Look forward to the day when I can also run around unencumbered!

Yoite
05-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Dantes Crafted is worth it and the quests are super easy, i did all of them solo or duo on my war starting around lvl 30 but some of the pieces i didn't complete until i was about 40

Dantes
05-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Congrats Nocte, that armor looks bad ass on an inkie.

Yoite - Thanks! Yeah after looking up all the old quests I think I definitely agree - seems easy enough. Right now I just need to focus on leveling, Nocte keeps gaining levels like mad and I need to catch up. I'll probably just drop the bronze in favor of banded in the meantime. That stuff is so damn heavy. Trouble is that Crafted is just as heavy, but at least it adds some STR.

Tenurn
05-19-2010, 01:05 PM
While we are on the topic of class armor is darkforge armor worth it?