PDA

View Full Version : EQEmuLauncher Version 1.0 released!

Zordana
05-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Hi guys,

the new version is out! Check it out:
http://moestaverne.com/module/projects/EQEmuLauncher

Under the screenshot, you will find a little FAQ.
Please use the feedback feature to provide bug reports or opinions.

JayFiveAlive
05-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Nice! Yay for patching latest files. <3 you. Going to load this up on my machine when I finish reformatting.

Great work!

ukaking
05-12-2010, 01:51 PM
So I have to do a fresh install of Titanium if I play P99 and also want to play Vallon/Tallon Zek? Or will it just patch what I need to play?

Dawgrin
05-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I think this launcher only patches a few of the files that are needed to play, host file, spell file, and one or two other things i think. So you would still need titanium installed, you could not just run the launcher from any isntalled version and have it patch ALL the files needed to play.

Zordana
05-12-2010, 02:03 PM
checkout the FAQ under the screenshot

Zordana
05-13-2010, 12:52 AM
WTB feedback, 0 sent yet :(

ukaking
05-13-2010, 07:21 AM
I have Titanium installed, just wondering if I need a "fresh" install to be able to play on two different servers or will it patch the few files that need to be patched?

Zordana
05-13-2010, 09:29 AM
I have Titanium installed, just wondering if I need a "fresh" install to be able to play on two different servers or will it patch the few files that need to be patched?

checkout the FAQ under the screenshot

this ^ ;)

Zordana
05-14-2010, 12:01 PM
bump

Zordana
05-15-2010, 06:35 AM
oh yeah, still need some responsible person to keep the p99-custom files up to date for the launcher (spells_us.txt, other files wont get changed anyways ;)).
to contact me use the feedback button @launcher, thanks

Zordana
05-16-2010, 09:05 AM
i uploaded the files for those servers - i still need more people to handle uploads!

P1999
EZServer
The Hidden Forrest

Tudana
05-16-2010, 09:11 AM
do you have a step by step instructions on how to install this download?

I have a zip folder on my desktop eqemulauncher_10 and not sure what i need to extract it to or what to do after I extract it.

Zordana
05-16-2010, 09:14 AM
do you have a step by step instructions on how to install this download?

I have a zip folder on my desktop eqemulauncher_10 and not sure what i need to extract it to or what to do after I extract it.

this was due to an bug in moestaverne.com - it has been fixed. either redownload it, or rename the file from "eqemulauncher_10zip" to "eqemulauncher_10.zip"

Tudana
05-16-2010, 09:26 AM
oh, ok.

but I still don't know how to install this or where to install this.
do I put it in my eq folder and run it instead of my other .exe? do I need to do the "target" set up like i had to with the original install eqgame icon?

help please..:)

Zordana
05-16-2010, 09:35 AM
oh, ok.

but I still don't know how to install this or where to install this.
do I put it in my eq folder and run it instead of my other .exe? do I need to do the "target" set up like i had to with the original install eqgame icon?

help please..:)

check out the comments, i added a how to install and how to patch section :)

Zordana
05-20-2010, 09:37 PM
114 downloads yet, 1800+ serverlist-requests :)

and im workin on a autoupdater (means download the newest updates and upload them to eqemulauncher server, so files for certain servers i add are always up to date ;))

id like some feedback, via feedback button or write here :)

bufferofnewbies
05-20-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm too lazy to actually check if it did it or not but: does it actually delete files you don't need for some servers (like the nektulos files) or does it store them in another location?

I noticed when i swapped between P99 and EZ that it said 'deleting file xxx' and it got me to wondering. Might be a bad thing if you swap alot, since those files can't be restored w/o pulling from an untouched folder.

answer to my own question:
Q: How does patching work?
A: On the first patch of a file, the original file will be saved in the Backup folder. Befor every patch, all the original files will be loaded into the EverQuest folder and then all the previously updated files will be loaded and files required to be deleted get deleted.

btw: very nice work
+1 Bran point

Zordana
05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm too lazy to actually check if it did it or not but: does it actually delete files you don't need for some servers (like the nektulos files) or does it store them in another location?

I noticed when i swapped between P99 and EZ that it said 'deleting file xxx' and it got me to wondering. Might be a bad thing if you swap alot, since those files can't be restored w/o pulling from an untouched folder.

yes, the launcher (backups and) deletes files.. thats why it is recommended to use a fresh installation of EQTitanium befor using the EQEMuLauncher :)

this is also stated in the FAQ on the project site on moestaverne.com

khanable
05-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Installed, patched, and launched without a problem

this is a great tool -- will be very helpful in getting some new blood onto the server

thumbs up!

Zordana
05-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Installed, patched, and launched without a problem

this is a great tool -- will be very helpful in getting some new blood onto the server

thumbs up!

Zordana
05-22-2010, 08:29 PM
23. May 2010 - Always up to date.
I just finished the automatic update of the spells_us.txt for the following server: Project 1999, Project EQ, EZ Server, The Hidden Forrest so you are always up to date!
Downloads: 134 - Refresh requests: 25000+ -- Feedback is always welcome! :)

Also check out the forum if you have any ideas / requests / questions
http://moestaverne.com/forum

Zordana
05-24-2010, 01:21 PM
bump

Agachak
05-30-2010, 06:20 AM
This is a great tool, and seems to work well except every time I update my UI gets reset to default. Currently using GlassUI if that makes a difference.

Uaellaen
05-30-2010, 06:37 AM
it patches teh default UI ... if you want to use "special UI" just make a new folder for it, call it GlassUI or whatever, and load the UI in game. This way the patcher wont overwrite your UI, since its no longer in the "default" folder ...

Zordana
05-30-2010, 12:20 PM
nothing to add

Branaddar
05-30-2010, 10:50 PM
I figure I'll ask here since it's semi-related... but with all the changes we need to make to play here, does it mean the install instance we use for P99 won't work for other Emu servers? Changes the spells, deleting zone files, etc. I would tend to think that would bork potential "close to live" servers.

Was thinking of checking out some of the custom servers (the non-copy-of-EQ-Live ones.)

Zordana
05-30-2010, 10:56 PM
you can check out the forum at
http://moestaverne.com/forum
i have a FAQ in there..

if you installed a fresh version EQ Titanium, EQEmuLauncher backups files befor making any changes, this makes it very easy to switch between servers cause you just patch for the server you want to play on and thats kinda it.. and also kind of the whole idea behind eqemulauncher =)

Branaddar
05-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Awesome stuff, thanks! Gonna download and get 'er set up tomorrow for sure. Mainly cuz I want to reinstall Titanium since I wiped out all the non-Trilogy zones. Note to self: back up UI settings first!

Thanks for making this!

Alleusion
06-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Getting the following errors when I try to run it. Running Windows 7 Ultimate, running the program as administrator. Compatability mode with Win XP doesn't change the results. Win7 comes with .NET Framework 3.5, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Should be noted I'm running the same setup as Bran (in fact, this is Bran posting from her computer) and it works fine on his computer.

Here's the relevant error text.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EQEmuLauncher.MainForm.initialize()
at EQEmuLauncher.MainForm.InitTimerTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EQEmuLauncher.LauncherOptions.xmlset(String name, String v)
at EQEmuLauncher.LauncherOptions.save(String filepath)
at EQEmuLauncher.MainForm.MainFormFormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosin gEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.RaiseFormClosingOnAppExi t()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnT hreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.OnThr eadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchM essageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()
at EQEmuLauncher.MainForm.consoleAdd(String text, Color clr)
at EQEmuLauncher.MainForm.consoleAdd(String text)
at EQEmuLauncher.MainForm.MainFormLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)

Sorry for the spam ;)

Zordana
06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Getting the following errors when I try to run it. Running Windows 7 Ultimate, running the program as administrator. Compatability mode with Win XP doesn't change the results. Win7 comes with .NET Framework 3.5, so this shouldn't be an issue.

thanks for the bug report, going to look into it

Zordana
06-01-2010, 04:11 PM
thanks for the bug report, going to look into it

i identified the problem, this will be fixed in version 1.1

Branaddar
06-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Awesome stuff.

Out of curiosity, did it have something to do with a timer you had set up to pull the server list up? Just wondering because it takes longer to load on my wife's computer, and when it does (hitting Continue through the error lets it load still) the server list is empty until we Refresh it.

I'm a software developer, so I hafta know! I'm weird that way.

Zordana
06-02-2010, 01:15 PM
i cache the serverlist, so eqemulator.net doesnt get flooded too much when many people are using the launcher at the same time.
so if it does load a bit longer, you are the "connection" that caches :)

the error is caused by the config-loading and saving, there is a problem with the XML stuff =)

Branaddar
06-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Ah okay. So I was way off >.<

Alleusion
06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Either way (being the wife of aforementioned error), if I hit continue on the error box, it lets me play, which makes me a happy camper. And as we all know, a happy wife means a happy gamer husband.

Zordana
06-02-2010, 01:48 PM
yeah it should be no problem, future changes in the options might not get saved, but besides that, everythin should work fine =)
version 1.1 should be released within the next 2 weeks i guess, depends how busy i am.

Branaddar
06-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Lemme know if there's any way I can help with this or any ideas you have for other tools. I'm itching to program something game-related after working on building a database app all day.

I'm fluent in C#, rusty but well versed in VB, dunno which you prefer. These days apart from the syntax they're pretty much the same. IntelliSense will shake off any cobwebs I'm sure :P

Zordana
06-04-2010, 07:01 PM
some news:

There are some tiny changes to do + that config-error (== fixing the save/load stuff, i already got the idea, just gotta realize it..)
so version 1.1 is on the way (with multiclient support + some other nice changes)

im thinkin about implementing the global downloads (like loading screen, custom UIs, etc) to version 1.1 or maybe this will come with version 1.2.. we will see :)

Zordana
06-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Version 1.1 is done!
I will test around some more and then release it..
changes and stuff: http://moestaverne.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14519&p=19797