PDA

View Full Version : Ogre slam for shaman

Hyperstatic60
05-27-2012, 09:16 PM
I recently started an ogre shaman and have reached level 5. Thru 5 levels, i have yet to connect with a slam. I have also yet to gain even one skill up in slam. I thought maybe i needed to train one point in it even though i am already using the skill. I check my gm and the slam skill isnt even there.

Ive never played a large race, even in live, so does slam ever level up if you arent a warrior? If so how? Sorry to be a noob.

Wolfgang
05-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Slam doesn't lvl, I read it's missing a lot ATM but people might be trollin

phobus
05-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Slam will never level up, or do more than 1 point of damage. It's only good for occasionally interrupting a cast. What you've heard is right, though - it's currently broken, but should be fixed on the next server reset (see here (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73557)).

jose_teancum
09-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Slam doesn't level up but it will start doing more than 1 point of damage. I haven't used it on my 46 ogre shaman recently but the last time it did, it was doing 2 or 3 damage.

Triangle
09-12-2012, 06:38 PM
It is really useful for interrupting casters.

Growlers
09-16-2012, 01:10 PM
It also can freeze a mob momentarily when it's running away. I use it whenever I melee.

Jeffari
09-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I am pretty sure this is how it (slam) and while we're at it, bash works. If you are a class that can not learn the bash skill, yet are a big race with the slam ability, slam will never skill up nor will it ever do more damage than 1, what determines if slam hits or not would be based off of your offense skill, this is why you can skill up offense while using slam. Okay so it doesn't skill up, and it only does 1 pt of damage if you cannot learn bash, the upside? I believe slam has a 100% chance of stunning when it hits, although the stun is very brief.

Bash on the other hand does more damage, it seems to have a chance to interrupt spells even without it stunning, because it for sure does not stun every bash, yet it will still cause a target to mess up on it's casting, then of course it does stun, just not as often as slam and that is guaranteed spell interrupt because the target is stunned. So bash does more damage, but you need that shield equipped.

Can anyone verify if you are ogre/troll sk and you use slam while using a 2hander, does it still do only 1damage? Or does it do a bit more than 1 damage (because you have the bash skill) but not as much damage as if you had a shield equipped? Ugh slam and bash have perplexed me for quite some time, I want answers. =p

This is what it seems like to me anyways, I don't know, anyone else have any input?

godbox
09-22-2012, 11:29 AM
^stuns from behind

jose_teancum
10-29-2012, 06:22 PM
My slam does more than 1 pt of damage.

------