Maze513
05-28-2012, 12:32 AM
come on full repop!!!

ArumTP
05-28-2012, 12:34 AM
like crash down

Depx
OT-TD boat crashed in to a rock, and I was like uhhh whats this about? Then noticed I didnt really have a connection, wonder where Ill be when the server comes back up lol.

Itap
crashy crash

-edit hopefully im not dead =/

Ambrotos
05-28-2012, 12:35 AM
I was just soloing a dragon too. I'm sure Ill be dead. I better get a res!

I reported blue was out as soon as I crashed. Hope it's up soon

Acrux Bcrux
05-28-2012, 12:35 AM
this is how we do it

fouts85
05-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Man I had an sweet SolB group also :/

myxomatosii
05-28-2012, 12:36 AM
I was just soloing a dragon too. I'm sure Ill be dead. I better get a res!

I reported blue was out as soon as I crashed. Hope it's up soon

The GMs are really mean I'd be careful what you say!

Handull
05-28-2012, 12:38 AM
lol, i was about to say that on the plus side, the red server pop jumped 20%, but now that's down too...atleast a guide is posting to this thread, so there is a chance of it coming back up soon

Slave
05-28-2012, 12:40 AM
The GMs are really mean I'd be careful what you say!

Ambrotos, what would you say are your usual hours GMing P99 per week? Because we see you way too little. That is both a compliment and a criticism.

Sickle
05-28-2012, 12:42 AM
I am one sad panda

Ambrotos
05-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Ambrotos, what would you say are your usual hours GMing P99 per week? Because we see you way too little. That is both a compliment and a criticism.

I've been on government travels since the 3rd. Before I was banished I was putting in about 10-15 hrs a week actively. I was mainly playing my alt at the same time and waited till petition came in that I could help with.

Hence the reason I would go around and hang out with groups most of the time or illusion people. It's not the fact I was ignoring petitions. It was the fact there were none to do due to being totally done, or the few had to wait till people came back on line.

Items lost due to quest, bug, trade or player mess up is something we can't do in game. It has to be researched though the logs by Nilbog/Rogean from petitions on the website.

People training, spamming, stuck, looking for a npc under the ground, boats( if you think people were annoyed over the boats being broken, you should see how many people I had to port there), or along those lines can be done in game by Guides. I would say 50% of all petitions are due to people wanting a new last name. People stuck can be cured by /rewind but I still inform them and help them. Then there are those who don't remove the lavastorm and nek files and end up under the world. Lets not forget about the people who ask about IP exemptions in petitions in game even tho they are told not to. It seems a huge majority of them like to just send tells, and not petition. Can be a pain.

Restoring bodies is the one that takes the longest really. We normally summon the person EC/Freeport zone line, and them summon their body. This is the reason why it looks like a ton of people died there at times.

I'm sure you can find people that will say they have seen me too much since Jan when I started to guide. I try and not be around too much. This is your game and time. Last thing a group needs is a guide to show up just to chat it up. Almost all times it ends up having a large amount of the group just chat it up and others get annoyed without any kills.

Ask any questions you have. More than happy to fill people in on what we can or cant do.

Handull
05-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Ask any questions you have.

got an eta on the server coming back up? debating going to bed or waiting around for repops. thanks

Ambrotos
05-28-2012, 01:00 AM
[00:43] <&Rogean> server will be back up in 10 mins'ish
[00:43] <&Rogean> 10-20

That is est.

Bwils
05-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks ambrotos you are the man!

Glorindale
05-28-2012, 01:06 AM
do the devs/admins know what is causing these server outages?

Slave
05-28-2012, 01:06 AM
I find it crazy to hear that you've only been GMing since Jan. I remember several incidents that you very calmly and successfully resolved, taking the time to quote and explain the exact rules in play. Thanks once again.

Also, just curious, are GM/guides allowed to join guilds? It seems like an unavoidable conflict of interest. Or do you guys just all join one guild? What's the name of it so I can avoid pissing its members off like I do to virtually everyone else?

Foemike
05-28-2012, 01:08 AM
Server is back up. Thanks for the speedy recovery.

redgiant
05-28-2012, 01:08 AM
It is up and no longer on the Down list.

Slave
05-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the speedy recovery.

Ambrotos
05-28-2012, 01:13 AM
We're allowed to play in guilds. Matter of fact I have no idea who the other guides are in game on their play chars, and they don't know mine.

We aren't allowed to be in the same zone as our main. If we have to deal with someone in our own guild, we have another guide do it, or if there isn't anyone around we pass word along in IRC or text on what we are doing and why.

As we all know, not many guides besides myself and Amelinda( we do have a new one from what I have seen since I have been back) have been around. It would really suck if the guild my main is in would not be able to have Server Staff help if Amelinda wouldn't be along for a day or two. Not to mention if 1 guild gets no help, and there is a active guide on server. It would kinda give away what guild that guide is in.

Speedling
05-28-2012, 01:14 AM
Server up.

Enroth
05-28-2012, 01:50 AM
Items lost due to quest, bug, trade or player mess up is something we can't do in game. It has to be researched though the logs by Nilbog/Rogean from petitions on the website.

People training, spamming, stuck, looking for a npc under the ground, boats( if you think people were annoyed over the boats being broken, you should see how many people I had to port there), or along those lines can be done in game by Guides. I would say 50% of all petitions are due to people wanting a new last name. People stuck can be cured by /rewind but I still inform them and help them. Then there are those who don't remove the lavastorm and nek files and end up under the world. Lets not forget about the people who ask about IP exemptions in petitions in game even tho they are told not to. It seems a huge majority of them like to just send tells, and not petition. Can be a pain.

Restoring bodies is the one that takes the longest really. We normally summon the person EC/Freeport zone line, and them summon their body. This is the reason why it looks like a ton of people died there at times.

Ask any questions you have. More than happy to fill people in on what we can or cant do.

/sign

And Hi, I'm Enroth, the new Guide he was referring to.

Llodd
05-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Hi Enroth!