PDA

View Full Version : Curt Schilling failed - lulz ensue

05-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Curt Schilling failed - lulz ensue

HarrisonIsStillPosting
05-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Salty never accomplished a single thing in his life.

Lulz still ongoing

Kevlar
05-29-2012, 05:54 PM
As if being born with a superior tendon in your arm is some great accomplishment? Come on, the guy threw a ball for a living.

HarrisonIsStillPosting
05-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Underestimating the talent and skill necessary for being an amazing pitcher?

Lol poor you

Kevlar
05-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Underestimating the talent and skill necessary for being an amazing pitcher?

Lol poor you

Unfortunately for most athletes that talent and skill doesn't translate into business sense. At least Kurt kept it in his pants and doesn't have 15 baby mommas trying to bleed him dry along with the creditors like a lot of these guys.

Nuggie
05-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Hope someone can salvage something from the wreckage and keep me entertained for a minute.

Kraftwerk
05-29-2012, 11:42 PM
He did play for Boston, and Boston does suck. You see where I'm going here.

Go Yankees, glad to see Pettite on the mound again.

Visual
05-29-2012, 11:42 PM
The Yankee Slayer

http://www.glitters123.com/glitter_graphics/MLB/Major-League-Baseball-Glitters-10.gif

Kraftwerk
05-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Arizona is so awful, good job choking last post season. And being nonexistent this one. Although in your defense, Dodgers are basically unbeatable in the NL.

Visual
05-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Only world series games I have watched is Boston vs Yankees and Arizona vs Yankees. I know you got a rich baseball history and the highest salary cap year in year out but damn you guys lose a lot for having all those advantages.

Kraftwerk
05-29-2012, 11:56 PM
The divide isn't that big anymore, Yanks are $200M this year but Red Sox and Phillies are right behind with $175M each and I think the Angels are at $160M.

Tiggles
05-30-2012, 01:34 AM
This MMO will never,ever,launch

dudes about 90 days from being foreclosed

http://articles.boston.com/2012-05-26/business/31861507_1_studios-curt-schilling-rhode-island

HarrisonIsStillPosting
05-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Some dude who played a shitty sport made a shitty MMO. Where's the real news?

You can always spot the kid picked last for every sport in school during gym. They never grow out of the bitterness for having zero physical ability in anything.

Gwence
05-30-2012, 06:17 PM
whats with all the schilling hatred?

PsychoTass
05-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Arizona is so awful, good job choking last post season. And being nonexistent this one. Although in your defense, Dodgers are basically unbeatable in the NL.

and the Yankees did what again last year? also, aren't you sniffing the Blue Jays' ass this year?

shooteneq1
05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
I felt bad about the whole situation untill i read RI gave them a 75 million dollar loan. That is total BS and the taxpaxers of RI should be extremely pissed. A state has no business loaning anyone money. Whatever government officials who decided this was a good idea should be on the hook personally for everything they loaned out, but business as usual it will be all the taxpayers instead.

Wudan
05-31-2012, 02:26 AM
this is really sad, I feel sorry for him :( this is not good for anyone.

gl curt s.

HarrisonIsStillPosting
05-31-2012, 02:40 AM
I felt bad about the whole situation untill i read RI gave them a 75 million dollar loan. That is total BS and the taxpaxers of RI should be extremely pissed. A state has no business loaning anyone money. Whatever government officials who decided this was a good idea should be on the hook personally for everything they loaned out, but business as usual it will be all the taxpayers instead.

Chafee is 100% to blame for that one. Rhode Island is a corrupted shithole as far as government goes. It's disgusting, but that has little to do with this particular situation as far as I know.

Look at how badly organized crime has tainted Rhode Island's government.

Kraftwerk
05-31-2012, 08:22 AM
and the Yankees did what again last year? also, aren't you sniffing the Blue Jays' ass this year?

Nope, as of right now we are half a game ahead of the Bluejays. Did you mean the other bird team, Orioles? They are #1 in AL for now yea. But we're only 1.5 games behind them too so it's pretty tight.

batkiller
05-31-2012, 10:55 AM
There is nothing lul about this entire story. It's one big sad mess. Also just because they went out of business doesn't mean the game will never be released. There is a possibility someone will buy the game, it's happened before with games like Gods & Heroes and some others.

PsychoTass
05-31-2012, 11:08 AM
nah, I meant the Jays, at the time of my posting you weren't ahead of them.

Atmas
05-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Not sure why people would derive pleasure from this. A guy loses who substantial life savings on a legitimate business and a bunch of people are out of a job. Also a game that could potentially be a lot better than all the other drog crap MMOs released these days will never come to fruition.

I'd laugh if it happened to a crime boss or a cigarette factory or something like that maybe.

bylbob
05-31-2012, 12:25 PM
There is nothing lul about this entire story. It's one big sad mess. Also just because they went out of business doesn't mean the game will never be released. There is a possibility someone will buy the game, it's happened before with games like Gods & Heroes and some others.

To buy a game you need to have a game in the first place, all they showed so far was a bit of some mediocre art.

batkiller
05-31-2012, 10:20 PM
To buy a game you need to have a game in the first place, all they showed so far was a bit of some mediocre art.

There's a video of it and one of the former employees was talking about how he misses playing it and that he used to play it every day. Bear in mind, this is a guy who lost his job, so if there was nothing to play, he would say.

formallydickman
05-31-2012, 11:54 PM
There's a video of it and one of the former employees was talking about how he misses playing it and that he used to play it every day. Bear in mind, this is a guy who lost his job, so if there was nothing to play, he would say.

Or hoping to get re-hired by whoever thinks they can salvage the game.

batkiller
06-01-2012, 02:39 AM
If someone was to buy the game they would not need his opinion on how far along it was.

formallydickman
06-01-2012, 03:54 AM
If someone was to buy the game they would not need his opinion on how far along it was.

Really? They wouldn't want to hear from the people who have spent months/years creating it? They'll just log in and see how far along it is? You be full of shiiiit.

Just a bit of an edit: I have assisted in the purchase of a few companies in my life (though, admittedly none of them were video game companies) and generally you gather all the intel possible before making a purchase. Part of that is interviewing as many former employees and customers as possible. You don't get an accurate picture listening to sales pitches from the presentations of top execs.

batkiller
06-01-2012, 05:38 AM
If they were thinking of buying the game, they would get complete access to the game... So the issue of whether it actually exists in a playable form or is just a few faked screenshots, would not even be in question.

p.s. You have never assisted in the purchased of anything more than your mommas shopping.

formallydickman
06-01-2012, 12:13 PM
If they were thinking of buying the game, they would get complete access to the game... So the issue of whether it actually exists in a playable form or is just a few faked screenshots, would not even be in question.

p.s. You have never assisted in the purchased of anything more than your mommas shopping.

It's never that black and white even when you have full access. You will be interviewing the people who worked on the project. It's a fact. You need to get a full view of the situation in as quick of time as possible.

It's like when you buy a car with a lot of custom work done to it. You have "complete access" to it, but you still need to ask the guy who worked on it about the specifics. Especially when the car is half done.

gloine36
06-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Someone will buy it at half the cost that was invested in it. That's one hell of a bargain for a cutting edge MMO that is fairly close to being done. The question is how much work will the new company put into the game?