PDA

View Full Version : Casual Players

nilzark
06-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I just want to give a shout out (dated saying) to those who only have time for casual play in this game. I hope project 1999 will be around for a long time because some of us can only play for a few hours a week, and as we all know that kind of play will take us a long time to level. Even during the verant/sony days it took me a few years to get 50+. Anybody have any predictions or inside knowledge of P99's longevity? How many years will this server be around? :cool:

~~
Nilzark
10 DE SK, p99
former Brell Serilis '98-04

aegeryen
06-03-2012, 02:47 PM
according to the mayans ... 12/21/12......

rafaone
06-04-2012, 03:57 AM

Owned hahahah

SwordNboard
06-04-2012, 06:16 AM
..but the Mayan calendar was written before leap years were introduced. Therefore, its 2013 already.

Wudan
06-04-2012, 06:31 AM

this is actually a load of crap. It should say according to stupified western society, cause mayans sure dont expect the end of the world, they actualy laugh at that idea. The "calendar" is not an actual calendar, its a cycle. What mayans say is that it only means start of new cycle, new energy, not the end of the world. Get your facts straight and dont repeat this BS please...

Qian
06-04-2012, 06:35 AM
I just want to give a shout out (dated saying) to those who only have time for casual play in this game. I hope project 1999 will be around for a long time because some of us can only play for a few hours a week, and as we all know that kind of play will take us a long time to level. Even during the verant/sony days it took me a few years to get 50+. Anybody have any predictions or inside knowledge of P99's longevity? How many years will this server be around? :cool:

~~
Nilzark
10 DE SK, p99

From what I have seen so far, it looks like the server should be around for a while.

Good to see another casual player back from Brell!

pharmakos
06-04-2012, 06:42 AM
my theory:

the mayans made all the calendars in that baktun. if they decided to write out the calendars past 12/21/2012 they would've had to do like another 2100 years worth or something. that was the logical lazy point for the calendar makers to stop.

sorta like if you were using our date system and you decided to make calendars for a bunch of future years... if its 2012 and you just made every calendar up to the year 3000 you're probably not gonna keep going.... cause then you'd wanna go to 4000... or maybe even 5000....

Malrubius
06-04-2012, 08:04 AM

~~
Nilzark
10 DE SK, p99

Good to hear from another casual player. Yeah, I've been playing on P99 since a few weeks after beta, and have a 36 SK and 16 chanter to show for it. Having a blast. In-game community is amazing.

I would guess that P99 will be around for as long as EQEMU is...which is to say a many, many years to come. I'm not going to worry about it. Being a casual player, it won't crush my world if it goes away some day in the distant future.

Anyway, here's hoping Velious is a few years off still. ;)

Bazia
06-04-2012, 08:06 AM
I dont think this server (p99 blue) is going anywhere soon it is just too good

Estu
06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Casual player here too. Been playing for almost two years and am just now about to hit 50 on my main character. It doesn't help, of course, that in addition to not having a lot of time for the game, I also like to play a lot of different characters.

Atmas
06-04-2012, 09:29 AM
my theory:

the mayans made all the calendars in that baktun. if they decided to write out the calendars past 12/21/2012 they would've had to do like another 2100 years worth or something. that was the logical lazy point for the calendar makers to stop.

sorta like if you were using our date system and you decided to make calendars for a bunch of future years... if its 2012 and you just made every calendar up to the year 3000 you're probably not gonna keep going.... cause then you'd wanna go to 4000... or maybe even 5000....

Pretty much. People's belief that the world is going to end because they found one Mayan calendar that ended there is akin to me saying the world will end in 2099because the calendar on my Win 7 OS only goes to there.