PDA

View Full Version : New and Getting Started..

Ktpearie
06-09-2012, 01:34 PM
So I looked through the FAQ and "getting started" write up for instal and configuring the emulator. After ruffling through my old stack of CDs for EQ Titanium I have realized they are long gone and need another set. Now, after some quick research I was able to track down a few options:

Amazon.com
Everquest Titanium
New: $190.00 / Used $40.00
Everquest Secrets of Feydwer
New: $33.72 / Used $19.20

Everquest Platinum (includes: The Ruins of Kunark; The Legacy of Ykesha; The Shadows of Luclin; The Scars of Velious; Lost Dungeons of Norrath
New: $10 / Used $2.29

Obviously everything reads to use Titanium and some utilize SoF but experience minor issues. Will Platinum work? Has there been any developments in using the F2P client DL from Sony? Lastly, is anyone selling their used disks?

Thanks in advance for any comments/help

Supaskillz
06-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I would use titanium. If you wish to buy you may also check on ebay. There are alternative ways to get it as well if you are comfortable with such things.

Ktpearie
06-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Just checked Ebay after you mentioned and found a copy for 18 bucks. I understand there are other ways of claiming a copy, but rather just pay 18 bucks than deal with it. However, before I do, I would like to see if there is a way yet to utilize Sony's FTP client.

Emphase
06-09-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't think so

Danyelle
06-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Amazon.com
Everquest Titanium
New: $190.00 / Used $40.00

This is what you need for this server only. (All others have a completely different working client list. Personally I'd like P99 to add at least Underfoot to their working client list as well since Titanium handles like a piece of trash but...that will never happen :( )

Your best bet to aquire this though is to rrent it.

Everquest Secrets of Faydwer
New: $33.72 / Used $19.20

This used to function on P99 but as far as I know it doesn't anymore. And if it does it's not supported by the devs so it's buggy. It works on other Emu servers though.

Will Platinum work? Has there been any developments in using the F2P client DL from Sony?

Other EQEmu servers are compatible with:
6.2 (A client created from a very very specific Live patch around 2005 or so. It's no longer used and support has dropped)
Titanium (Box set only)
Secrets of Faydwer (Box set only)
Seeds of Destruction (Steam download only. Only available through rrenting it now. Valve, as of the F2P model going Live, has removed all EQ1 clients from the Steam Store due to the fact that they are pointless now)
Underfoot (Steam download only. See SoD above)
Veil of Alaris (Chasing Live. What you get off the Live patcher should work. It's not fully supported yet and has numerous bugs. Tit/SoD/Underfoot are the most stable clients. See this thread (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35177) for development info.)

If it isn't on the above list, it won't work on ANY EQEmu server. Period. That includes Platinum: (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35096)

Protocol is biggest hurdle for clients older than 6.2 as we don't do any sort of protocol translation.

Sadly if you want to use older clients you probably need to look into old versions of the EQEMu source. These are readily available on SourceForge among other places but you would have to compile the source and probably mess around to get it working (db and all).

Keep in mind that over the years Sony has decided to change the netcode (SWG/EQ2/EQ in a sense share netcode together). So the more current eqemu source has really no model to even work with the old clients as KLS mentioned.

As for P99 specifically. ONLY Titanium works on P99. It's a developer choice. They do not support other EQEmu-supported clients.

Lastly, is anyone selling their used disks?

There's someone living out by the bay that's giving his away for free. Be careful though, he is known to associate with pirates.

Hope that answers your questions.