PDA

View Full Version : Reiker's DAOC adventures

Reiker
05-16-2010, 08:59 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2uhl82v.jpg

Even the STRONGEST necro on P99 has nothing on big Reiker.

Weekapaug
05-16-2010, 10:41 AM
The other game I miss badly!

Droxx
05-16-2010, 11:03 AM
This thread wins.

BuzWeaver
05-16-2010, 12:57 PM
I still have my old DAoC box set, but I've not given any thought to reload.

Pyrocat
05-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Hahaha owned

Glitch
05-16-2010, 02:19 PM
To this day, I STILL can't figure out why his name was Clueglue

Ektar
05-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Because he's not an idiot and made a necromancer. His name is clueglue because he was PUNISHED for being smart and choosing the correct class. It's not his fault other people made the wrong classes.

Droxx
05-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Clueglue is a South Park reference. Makes a ton of sense given his personality.

Taluvill
05-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Glitch, do they even show southpark in your country?

Glitch
05-16-2010, 04:48 PM
OHHH. Okay. I guess the reference didn't click or something.

gprater
05-16-2010, 06:54 PM
There is a really good DAoC emu...I tired it a month ago...a the time it had about the same population as p99..i stopped because I had never played the game before and was not enjoying the learning curve. I can post info to locate if anyone is interested.

Weekapaug
05-16-2010, 08:38 PM
If it's allowed here, yes, please!

gprater
05-16-2010, 08:48 PM
the EMU server is Uthgard...349 peeps online right now. Its a classic server....not sure if that means original game or some expacks.

youll have to download and install the DAoC portal program..this is where you will access all the emu servers.

http://www.uthgard-server.net/

http://portal.dolserver.net/?page=downloads

Serith
05-16-2010, 09:19 PM
There is a really good DAoC emu...I tired it a month ago...a the time it had about the same population as p99..i stopped because I had never played the game before and was not enjoying the learning curve. I can post info to locate if anyone is interested.

tried*

Ektar
05-17-2010, 09:50 AM
This is the lamest rule I've ever seen a GM implement into ANY game. How is it fair to punish people who were smart enough to pick a solo class rather than a group orientated class? How is it fair to punish people who have taken the time to lean how to solo multiple camps rather than depend on five other people to do it for them? Why should I have to surrender a camp that I can easily solo just because another group wants to do it? Forcing me to stay in Frenzy killing 3 frogs every 28 minutes when I can clear AM/Lord/Frenzy easily in the same amount of time is just WRONG. Punishing me because I'm better and smarter than any non-necro/enchanter is just WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG!

I play this game for one reason and one reason only. It's to solo and not depend on the grossly imcompitent population of the server. If you remove the ability for people to defend what they are clearing, a lot of people are going to ragequit and P99 will be left with people who are too stupid to realize they are playing on a server ruined by GM interference.

Rather than making up new rules to please the carebears of the server, why not remove the ability to claim camps? There is no rule stating that you can claim a camp, nor is it illegal to take a camp someone is clearing if you did first damage. This will give everyone the ability to get kills in ANY camp and also gives the people who can solo that camp a viable chance to keep their camp.

Or How about this? Rather than making up stupid rules, BALANCE CLASSES. This server is already on the fast-track to becoming just like WoW, so why not follow in their footsteps?

lol

Reiker
05-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Its a classic server....not sure if that means original game or some expacks.

Kinda hard to explain. They kind of mix and match things from different eras of DAOC that they like while keeping it 2001-2003. All classes and races besides Catacombs are enabled. As far as content, it's completely classic, no TOA or beyond. There are however some custom areas / items as I understand it (only level 37 atm) in-tune with the classic era. Old frontiers but with NF RAs... it's really a hodge podge. I'm having fun though. Playing a Skald named Rahnza.

Weekapaug
05-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Kinda hard to explain. They kind of mix and match things from different eras of DAOC that they like while keeping it 2001-2003. All classes and races besides Catacombs are enabled. As far as content, it's completely classic, no TOA or beyond. There are however some custom areas / items as I understand it (only level 37 atm) in-tune with the classic era. Old frontiers but with NF RAs... it's really a hodge podge. I'm having fun though. Playing a Skald named Rahnza.

Ya, was reading it's the original game content, but with the races and classes up to catacombs, and they say SI will probably be added at some point, but ToA won't.

We are pretty engrossed in p99 right now but when the GF gets back from some travel in a couple of weeks we will probably check it out. Just like EQ, DAoC is a game she never got to experience and I'd love to check it out with her.

Thanks very much for the info. I'll give you a shout if we start anything there.