PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for a new P99?

Kados
06-09-2012, 10:55 PM
A friend and I were talking the other day about how awsome it would have been had we heard about Project 99 upon it's release, unfortunately that didnt happen but we were wondering if its possible another p99 could be launched at some point for people who would like to start from the start of EQ?

Glorindale
06-09-2012, 11:43 PM
This topic has been sorta hot lately. It indeed would be neat to start a need server at some point but I don't think the devs have any plans of doing so.

Slave
06-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Basically, this is it. I started in Kunark on Live too and it's pretty much the same game all through Velious. That's why this server is ending there. It's the golden age of gaming, and you're right in the middle of it. Come on in, the world is a good temperature!

Kados
06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
lol thanks for the response guys, and p99 is awsome - i actually played here for a bit, but most of my friends who i used to play golden-age EQ with are discouraged from playing because they missed out on the first year or two of EQ content (guise of the deciever, manastones, pre-nerf spells, etc) I know its their loss, I was just curious if perhaps the dev's see a new server being released at some point down the road

piggvomit
06-10-2012, 03:55 AM
This would be great. Just delete Red and start a new p99. I think it would bring so many people back. For Sure

Kimm Barely
06-10-2012, 04:15 AM
join red 7 month old server

Aroith
06-10-2012, 04:22 AM
aye, wipe red and make a new blue. But population is starting to hurt on blue so making another one would make it worse..

SavageBeast15
06-10-2012, 05:49 AM
I think if they fix alot of the mechanics to classic, making you have to use the classic UI, stare at spell book to med, exp modifiers, and quest bugs fixed, I would be in favor of a re roll

Shinko
06-10-2012, 06:43 AM
also people been talking about the sleeper server

Slave
06-10-2012, 08:48 AM
You have the ability to earn legacy items such as Guise, Manastones, etc during special GM events. You will never do so by begging for a new server to split the population, when we're in the middle of the greatest project that online emu gaming has ever seen. Get in, level your characters, and experience the power of this armed and fully operational EverQuest.

Nobody here is talking about the Sleeper server --- that is now much farther along in the timeline, and was never Classic mechanics to begin with.

Zenlina
06-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Well if you viewing it now, manastone only can be used in old world zones and non planar. Guise they had events to obtain that here and there but its nothing special imo, depending what you are hunting you still gonna get ass whopped in darkelf form in kunark anyways. Now i would suggest you get with the current era and not miss out on prenerf Velious which should be the next big hit when it goes live on here, it out shines its two predecessors in terms of quest/zones/loot and vastness. And probably the most favorite expansions for most.

Kados
06-10-2012, 11:54 AM
You have the ability to earn legacy items such as Guise, Manastones, etc during special GM events. You will never do so by begging for a new server to split the population, when we're in the middle of the greatest project that online emu gaming has ever seen. Get in, level your characters, and experience the power of this armed and fully operational EverQuest.

Nobody here is talking about the Sleeper server --- that is now much farther along in the timeline, and was never Classic mechanics to begin with.

You appear to have missed where I said I have played on p99, as I stated - I'm just wondering if any of the Dev team have commentented on whether they would like to see this happen at some point.

Kados
06-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Well if you viewing it now, manastone only can be used in old world zones and non planar. Guise they had events to obtain that here and there but its nothing special imo, depending what you are hunting you still gonna get ass whopped in darkelf form in kunark anyways. Now i would suggest you get with the current era and not miss out on prenerf Velious which should be the next big hit when it goes live on here, it out shines its two predecessors in terms of quest/zones/loot and vastness. And probably the most favorite expansions for most.

I attended a bunch of GM events and I never saw anyone get a guise, it's not a feasible way to get one lol. We can talk about the usefulness of stuff like manastones and guises, which isnt much - they're more or less just fun, limited edition type collector items, but regardless a lot of people i've talked to want to experience a re-roll from the beginning

Hitchens
06-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Just wait for Velious.

Galilao
06-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Why is everyone telling this guy to wait for Velious when his whole thread is about the possibility of a new p99 server.

Hitchens
06-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Because it would be far more appropriate to ask the devs for a new server when they are done with the incredible work load they already have.

Kados
06-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Because it would be far more appropriate to ask the devs for a new server when they are done with the incredible work load they already have.

I wasn't asking for a new server, I was asking if the Dev team has discussed the possibilities of one being opened at some point.

inyane
06-10-2012, 02:14 PM
What he meant by the sleeper server is this:
http://epicemu.com/

It seems like they have a plan to not let one guild shit all over everyone else while lawyering the rules the whole time.

It looks like it might be possible for more than the current uber guild of the moment to have some fun and kill some stuff.

Not totally classic, yes, but neither is this server really, so....eh

Blotto
06-10-2012, 02:25 PM
TMO will have this server all to themselves

Splorf22
06-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I never really liked the decision to replicate Verant's mistakes with the removed items, because part of the reason people wanted to come back was to get a few of those classic items that they never got because they didn't join in time. So I would much prefer a case by case decision on either removing the items period (the manastone in particular is much too strong I think), moving them to harder mobs (Guise on Vox/Nagafen sounds about right), or just leaving them there (is the RFS really that OP?).

But I think the real problem with P1999 right now is the horrible, horrible endgame mechanics, and I've written 50+ posts on that so I won't start again now, only say that I think that linked respawns with times known in advance would hugely increase the population on the server.

Kados
06-10-2012, 08:13 PM
I think if p99 were to open a new server, it would be pretty popular!

Tasslehofp99
06-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Why not just re-implement those legacy items for like 1 month upon velious release? Gives new comers/folks who missed out the chance to get them and also would make it less crowded in velious upon release.

I also think that all of the guilds (beside TMO/IB) will want to actually experience kunark in its entirety since they havent in the past year that its been out thanks to TMO being such awesome play nice players on p99. This will give TMO ample time to farm their unemployed hearts out while other guilds finally get to experience content thats been out for a year now without giving up their RL lives/jobs. I assume when velious comes out TMO/BDA/IB (if the winter is truly coming) will rush straight to velious and cocksock (or whatever kids are calling it these days) everything there; which is why alot of the more casual guilds will probably be in Kunark hitting other shit they have not done yet.

You add the legacy items back in game you give everyone who missed out on classic p99 a chance to come back and enjoy EQ from beginning to end while also freeing up some content in kunark and velious for other folks. Yeah its not classic but neither is alot of the things on p99. I dont see it hurting honestly, especially since TONS of these legacy items were most likely removed from the server due to folks being banned and shit.

pharmakos
06-10-2012, 09:39 PM
i think a new server would be a bad idea.

dividing the population even further isn't gonna make p99 more fun imo.

Tasslehofp99
06-10-2012, 09:45 PM
lol http://epicemu.com/ looks like they might actually have some good ideas. Yeah its not classic but atleast to experience the content you wont have to be a low life unemployed retard.

pharmakos
06-10-2012, 09:54 PM
hey

who are you calling unemployed

Slave
06-10-2012, 10:06 PM
What he meant by the sleeper server is this:
http://epicemu.com/

It seems like they have a plan to not let one guild shit all over everyone else while lawyering the rules the whole time.

It looks like it might be possible for more than the current uber guild of the moment to have some fun and kill some stuff.

Not totally classic, yes, but neither is this server really, so....eh

The one thing that needs to happen for this to occur is for the development team to remove unClassical variance and add a FTE mob shout. With maybe 2 server resets per month, that would allow many more guilds to experience the content that is available without Tracker Team Sigma shitting out 60+ players every batphone.

All we want is a Classic ruleset guys, are you listening?

Galilao
06-10-2012, 10:54 PM
ITT: players who are newish wish there was a fresh server while players who have been farming/trading for months/years yell at them.

Pierth
06-11-2012, 06:01 AM
ITT: players who are newish wish there was a fresh server while players who have been farming/trading for months/years yell at them.

It does seem a silly back and forth. From what I've gathered the spirit of this server is in recreating the classic Everquest experience and classic Everquest is all about time investment- it doesn't seem to matter in the slightest if a new server was opened those players that have more time to throw at the game are going to sit at the top.

Weekapaug
06-11-2012, 06:12 AM
The one issue I have is that there were a lot of non-classic spells and mechanics that were in-place for quite a long time. It would be really cool to have a clean truly classic server with a fresh start complete with all the great work that's been done over the last couple of years.

That said, with pops as low as they are, I can't imagine a 2nd server helping the situation at all. The current server is great, imo, just could benefit from more players.

inyane
06-11-2012, 09:53 AM
No, the problem with this server is the way the end game raid scene has turned out.

If you aren't in TMO (or IB before that, etc) and you get to max level, if you are in another guild, what are you going to do? Not get your epic, and have nothing to do but sit in seb or KC all day? Wow, that is pretty fun...for a week.

The problem here is that the expansions don't come fast enough for the uber guild of the day to move on to other content so the lesser people can have some new content like they did in classic.

bled12345
06-11-2012, 01:38 PM
i work full time and was in a top raiding guild. if you want to raid just join that guild lol.

i quit about 10 months ago but i would TOTALLY come back for a fresh server. i think ou could generate a ton of hype.

fresh servers were exciting back in the day. i remember moving to vazaelle from prexus because it was a brand new server.

Joroz
06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
i work full time and was in a top raiding guild. if you want to raid just join that guild lol. works for now... but when new content comes out its going to be very disheartening to many that did that as they become second class members to core players that return from long absences to get fully geared ahead of them yet again.

Lagaidh
06-11-2012, 02:34 PM
No, the problem with this server is the way the end game raid scene has turned out.

If you aren't in TMO (or IB before that, etc) and you get to max level, if you are in another guild, what are you going to do? Not get your epic, and have nothing to do but sit in seb or KC all day? Wow, that is pretty fun...for a week.

The problem here is that the expansions don't come fast enough for the uber guild of the day to move on to other content so the lesser people can have some new content like they did in classic.

The problem with this server is the people. Just like live. The difference is that in the intervening decade plus from live until now is that most of the of the folks on p99 have seen everything this server has to offer. Some take pride in being first. That alone causes the problems.

I saw rotations work in live, I saw a rotation work here for Ragefire. If we the players came together with the health of the entire population in mind, we could come up with a diplomatic solution to all of the "problems" on this server. But, our community consists of power gamers, time starved power gamers and casual gamers. The power gamers and time starved powergamers devolve into flinging poop at one another quicker than they can try and map out a plan that benefits everybody. Some are selfish, some are envious.

The problem is us. That's all there is to it.

pharmakos
06-11-2012, 07:09 PM
the lesser (population wise) of the two Progression Servers on EQLive is Vulak A'err. i just moved here from there.

on Vulak there is only one guild doing endgame content, Echoes of Elysium.

Vulak has a lower population than P99 does.... most evenings on Vulak there are 150-200 accounts logged into general chat. and just about everyone two boxes. i know some people that run 6 boxes at once.

the other Progression server has like 5 guilds doing top end content, and the Sony GMs have enforced a rotation there.

P99 is a good happy medium for me so far.