PDA

View Full Version : Monk epic quest question

Pan
06-10-2012, 09:52 AM
I know that Iksars cannot do the sash/headband quests. I've read on the board that the best solution is to collect the items and then create a human monk for the turn-ins.

On live, there was a level restriction for these quests. Does anyone know if there's a level restriction on p1999 or can it be done with a L1 monk?

Joyelle
06-10-2012, 10:05 AM
There is no level requirement to complete the sashes and headbands however there is a level requirement to complete the epic turn ins which you would be doing with your iksar anyway.

Moneysacks
06-10-2012, 10:30 AM
yea i done with a iksar

Namegen_Isterrible
06-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Doesn't even sound like it is all that hard to accomplish with an iksar.

Kill orcs, buy newbie drops off merchants, do quest 40 times, bam.

Kill gnolls, bam.

Daldaen
06-10-2012, 12:21 PM
There is no level requirement to complete the sashes and headbands however there is a level requirement to complete the epic turn ins which you would be doing with your iksar anyway.

This is false. Atleast if there is a level req, that isn't classic and is incorrect.

EVERY epic can be completed at level 1, unless there is an un-MQable piece dropped in the planes or the final turnin is in the planes (Magician and Paladin come to mind).

However, no epic should have a level requirement at this point in EQ (Kunark).

Loke
06-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Red sash drops from the lowbie (~L35ish) monks outside the Freeport monk guild. Doing the actual quest is a waste of time unless you're like really into role playing, or the quest story or something. I'm unaware of a way to skip the purple headband (aside from buying it).

bylbob
06-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Red sash drops from the lowbie (~L35ish) monks outside the Freeport monk guild. Doing the actual quest is a waste of time unless you're like really into role playing, or the quest story or something. I'm unaware of a way to skip the purple headband (aside from buying it).

Purple supposedly can also be looted, but the npc is lvl 60.

Tasslehofp99
06-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Purple supposedly can also be looted, but the npc is lvl 60.

Yup, but if you're going to kill the GM for purple headband in qeynos you may as well go kill Bro Z/Q for the robes they sometimes wear and not bother doing the quest for ROTLC.

tekniq
06-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Yup, but if you're going to kill the GM for purple headband in qeynos you may as well go kill Bro Z/Q for the robes they sometimes wear and not bother doing the quest for ROTLC.

this route is the easiest. takes 4 clerics though.

Savok
06-11-2012, 04:08 PM
For the Epic on live I had the final turn ins done at level 5 but couldn't turn in until level 35. This was in Velious btw.

Asher
06-11-2012, 06:48 PM

They don't sometimes drop, during this time period they always drop and Kanras said he has implemented this. I have not verified myself but I see Qwinn up a lot in SK and he is wearing the robe.

On live he quadded 300 and kicked for 400. On live he could be given a 2HB to make him double. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the encounter different here.

Asher

Asher
06-11-2012, 06:50 PM
For the Epic on live I had the final turn ins done at level 5 but couldn't turn in until level 35. This was in Velious btw.

I can confirm that the quest does work for a lvl 1, at least the final part on Al'kabor. My friend there got his monk an epic at that level.

Since MQing is really messed up on this server who knows here. I am not sure if Devs have announced that all Epic parts are MQable or not but as a rule of thumb nothing is MQable here unless it has been reported so.

Asher

tekniq
06-11-2012, 07:19 PM
They don't sometimes drop, during this time period they always drop and Kanras said he has implemented this. I have not verified myself but I see Qwinn up a lot in SK and he is wearing the robe.

On live he quadded 300 and kicked for 400. On live he could be given a 2HB to make him double. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the encounter different here.

Asher

he quads for 355 and you can't give him a weapon unfortunately. he's tough.