PDA

View Full Version : Changes between Classic and 1999 and why?

Jumjum
06-16-2012, 07:56 PM
As a druid leveling I have noticed things like dots doing less damage when mobs are coming at you and root and snare not stacking. I am sure there are more and I am not flaming, but I am wondering why these sorts of changes were implemented. Any real answer are greatly appreciated thank you.

Rasah
06-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Short answer is because that's the way it's supposed to be. For a long, boring read, check out the link below for all patches and when things changed to the way you remember them.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php

Messianic
06-16-2012, 09:08 PM
^

As a druid leveling I have noticed things like dots doing less damage when mobs are coming at you

Working as intended for classic. They gotta be rooted, feared, or standing still in melee range of whoever has the most aggro.

and root and snare not stacking.

Working as intended and appropriate for classic.

Ele
06-16-2012, 09:50 PM
We're now in the Kunark part of the "classic" timeline, so dots do 2/3 damage if the mob is moving (i.e. chasing you). This was a huge complaint back in the day when it happened, but is within the timeline the server is currently experiencing.

Jumjum
06-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Well I played during Velious. So if the server stays accurate this will be changed in the velious Era correct? Also in that timeline of patch updates do you know at which date P99 is going to stop (Hoping before luclin so bad hate luclin)

Ele
06-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Well I played during Velious. So if the server stays accurate this will be changed in the velious Era correct? Also in that timeline of patch updates do you know at which date P99 is going to stop (Hoping before luclin so bad hate luclin)

Root and Snare are now seperate effects (Jan. 9, 2001) (Post-Velious release)

Luclin goes live (Dec. 4, 2001)

Should be all the patches right up before Luclin drops.

Eliashib
06-18-2012, 08:25 PM
From someone who has not yet decided whether or not to try to get into this server, I have a question.

I know this is Classic EQ, with Kunark live and Velious being worked on. What exactly will have after Velious releases and the patches get caught up to just before Luclin? Does everything just continue on forever with no other changes, or will additional content be added, keeping in mind that I don't necessarily care if the content is Luclin or dev created content.

Danyelle
06-18-2012, 09:31 PM
From someone who has not yet decided whether or not to try to get into this server, I have a question.

I know this is Classic EQ, with Kunark live and Velious being worked on. What exactly will have after Velious releases and the patches get caught up to just before Luclin? Does everything just continue on forever with no other changes, or will additional content be added, keeping in mind that I don't necessarily care if the content is Luclin or dev created content.

They are considering all possibilities you listed as far as I know. But there is no set in stone plans. Not even close. So there's no real answer to your question.

This gets debated a lot though and you'll probably see it pop up on the forums quite a bit, also usually results in an E-Argument so best to leave it at that :P

Messianic
06-18-2012, 09:45 PM

Here's the official party line:

The server will stop at Velious, at which point many options will be considered, including possible custom content that will maintain the spirit of the game, and/or an additional new server starting over at Pre-Kunark.

Nilbog and crew have been very adamant about not releasing Luclin. I wish they weren't - i'd rather experience all of luclin here since I didn't originally.

Eliashib
06-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks guys.

SamwiseBanned
06-19-2012, 09:44 PM
just be thankful you dont have to stare at the ol spell book.

Lazortag
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM

I think Nilbog has said that one day he'd like to actually play on this server, so I imagine there's little interest in continuing to add content forever. Also, eqmac ends at PoP but many players still enjoy it, so if this server ends at velious, I don't see why that would be bad. Sure it might get boring after 200 days of /played time, but name me one other game in the entire universe that stays fun for that long, and I'll be surprised.

porigromus
06-19-2012, 10:51 PM
I think Nilbog has said that one day he'd like to actually play on this server, so I imagine there's little interest in continuing to add content forever. Also, eqmac ends at PoP but many players still enjoy it, so if this server ends at velious, I don't see why that would be bad. Sure it might get boring after 200 days of /played time, but name me one other game in the entire universe that stays fun for that long, and I'll be surprised.

I agree, how long now has EQMac kept a population and it has been static for how long? Games do not have to continue to expand to survive.

Arclanz
06-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Here's some other changes:

1. pet's will not attack a mez'd target (this makes raids 10x easier)
2. in the planes, if a mob dies to a dot, it will not poof like they would in EQ 99
3. Not sure about this one but I think dots did not stack back in '99? 20 necros casting the same dot would only cause one dot to affect the mob. Could be wrong on this one though (never played a dot class).

nilbog
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
1. pet's will not attack a mez'd target (this makes raids 10x easier)
2. in the planes, if a mob dies to a dot, it will not poof like they would in EQ 99
3. Not sure about this one but I think dots did not stack back in '99? 20 necros casting the same dot would only cause one dot to affect the mob. Could be wrong on this one though (never played a dot class).

For #1 and #3, are you stating they do not work this way on p99, or you think they didn't work that way in classic eq?

Galelor
06-26-2012, 12:50 PM

CoD, Battlefield, Halo, modern sports games. Still, I'd much rather play EQ when I have the time.

Vladesch
06-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Working as intended and appropriate for classic.

I deleted what I posted here before.
Root and snare started stacking in jan 2001 which was just after velious came out, so I guess that's right.

I'll be expecting them to stack shortly after though.

Austrianna
06-27-2012, 09:20 AM
For #1 and #3, are you stating they do not work this way on p99, or you think they didn't work that way in classic eq?

As someone who had a necro in a raid guild on live back in the day, I know pets would, at least as far as this server would go, attack mezzed targets if you set your pet on them. In both groups and raids I remember enchanters screaming about pets (Mage, necro etc) breaking mez

Arclanz
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes i recall a chardok raid that I led; and after yelling "kill all pets," the raid recovered from a guaranteed wipe.

Pets woke mobs either by owner's orders or by pet hate-list.
1. mob attacks owner
2. enchanter mez's mob
3. owner sends pet on main target
4. main target dies
5. pet runs over and attacks mob from #1, waking it.

This does not happen on P99, making raids much much easier.

rugerx
06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
This is one reason I started spending time on eqmac. My mage has half the cast range he used to, the pet xp is messy and mobs run at SOW speed on exit. I dont recall this in classic/kunark and I played quite a bit from 99 - 2002. I love p99, but not enough to deal with that.