PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of returning

Brain
06-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Hey guys, a few of us were considering coming back and restarting for kunark/velious.

The main thing I'm concerned about is server population. Back when I quit there was ~700+ people online regularly at any given time. Today, I look at the site and it says ~200 are online... Is the server dying/dead? How is finding groups, items in EC, tradeskill items (jewelry etc...)?

Thanks,

Brain

Ephirith
06-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't think the population implies anything about the server "dying" in these circumstances. It has been a long time since a major content release, Diablo 3 came out recently, and it is summer time. Every mmo experiences a slump in population over the summer.

It is more difficult to find random groups in general, but they will still be there in your major grouping hubs. If you roll with friends this won't be an issue. I was able to fully equip a new character fairly quickly, though I found myself using the EC forum more than in the past.

sulious
06-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Hey guys, a few of us were considering coming back and restarting for kunark/velious.

The main thing I'm concerned about is server population. Back when I quit there was ~700+ people online regularly at any given time. Today, I look at the site and it says ~200 are online... Is the server dying/dead? How is finding groups, items in EC, tradeskill items (jewelry etc...)?

Thanks,

Brain

Server is not dead, however everyone is waiting for Velious . At prime we have about 500+ people (6pm-11pm eastern standard). Finding group is limited to highly populated zones IE mistmoore/20-30ish and oasis at like lvl 10-?. Tradeskills are there but they move slower as the economy looks to be taking a hit. Noone buys orc belts, stack of bones, and the like which is a good indication of the economy in my opinion.

Brain
06-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks a bunch guys.

cory17
06-20-2012, 04:08 PM
i just stared maybe like 2 weeks ago and just hit lvl 12 with my bard . dont play everday but when i do there is grps out there

Slave
06-20-2012, 04:08 PM
At prime we have about 500+ people (6pm-11pm eastern standard).

This is just untrue. Peak population is now under 400 and more like 350. Things are still lively however and a lower population can even be a boon depending on your play style.