PDA

View Full Version : On the Necromancer epic

Safon
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
How much of an improvement does the Necro epic bring to the Necro? I am too casual to do it (seems like some classes get boned with their epic difficulty), will this put me at much of a disadvantage compared with Necros who do have it?

I see it has a snare component, does this mean that the spell the epic casts will not stick on rooted mobs?

Thoughts?

Stealin Dragons
06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
How much of an improvement does the Necro epic bring to the Necro? I am too casual to do it (seems like some classes get boned with their epic difficulty), will this put me at much of a disadvantage compared with Necros who do have it?

I see it has a snare component, does this mean that the spell the epic casts will not stick on rooted mobs?

Thoughts?

the clicky is *mostly* worthless, the stats are definitely worth it.

It does NOT work on rooted mobs.

Disadvantage not having it, obviously, but not because of the clicky.

Hagglebaron
06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Will some Velious Necro weapon slot drops provide similar stats?

aubie
06-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Didn't they eventually remove the snare component of it since Necros complained about that (not only the root problem, but it checked snare resist first and if that succeeded then the Dot was resisted also)? Or am I thinking about the Druid epic?

godbox
06-21-2012, 12:59 AM
this is necro epic imo http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Emissary_of_Thule
you can buy it for 30k which shouldnt be hard to farm as a necro

Stealin Dragons
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
this is necro epic imo http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Emissary_of_Thule
you can buy it for 30k which shouldnt be hard to farm as a necro

the pet is no where near as useful as the epic imo. I only summoned pets when there was nothing to charm.

Which is basically only at most raids.

Lazortag
06-21-2012, 08:52 PM
It's kind of lame that the necro epic doesn't modify their pet in any way, or summon them an "epic pet" like mages get. Then again necros don't exactly need the epic to balance them, whereas mages were hurting pretty bad in Kunark and the epic made them good again.

Stealin Dragons
06-21-2012, 09:04 PM
free snares / dot will be very useful in Velious though... Real necro epic is Druushk's staff imo =)

necro VP staff is as good (sometimes better) than a pre-nerf fungi stick (in terms of usefulness).

Possibly the best utility item for a necro.

Austrianna
06-22-2012, 01:45 PM

Thoughts?

I played a necro on live, in a raid guild and played to level 80. Never got the epic myself, don't think it made much of a difference.

Shinko
06-24-2012, 03:03 AM
necro epic is junk.

vp necro staff blows the usefulness out of the water

also when you need rare loots off CT,INNY,KOS, and herb is like bla why bother

Nivar Quartz
06-24-2012, 03:30 AM
It's kind of lame that the necro epic doesn't modify their pet in any way, or summon them an "epic pet" like mages get. Then again necros don't exactly need the epic to balance them, whereas mages were hurting pretty bad in Kunark and the epic made them good again.

Your joking right Geegoo? Mags would love to have snare/root/fear/regen/conversion hp/mana too lol.

nothsa
06-24-2012, 08:53 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4778

you could say this is better than the necro epic

Grahm
06-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Was so jelly of every caster who had that, fuck the stats, it looks cool as shit.

Clark
06-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Zlans heart for sure.