PDA

View Full Version : More and more people logging in every day

Razdeline
06-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Seems like the server is comming back from it's downstroke, glad to see more people on that I haven't seen in a while. :)

spooge
06-22-2012, 03:42 PM
I just started on the server and have been meeting a bunch of people doing the same. Had a full lvl 10 group yesterday was really awesome.

Atmas
06-22-2012, 04:33 PM
I've seen and played with a lot of people new to the server. However, I haven't seen much of a change in the peak numbers.

I do think when Velious launches we will see a ton of people, depending on how widespread the word is much more than numbers for Kunark.

gloine36
06-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Main thing is we have new players coming in. That's always good. EQ got old once the new players stopped arriving.

Razdeline
06-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah once Velious drops id expect to see 1200+ numbers(those were of kunark's release), but recent polls state velious being peoples favorite expansion so id expect to see more.

Tarathiel
06-23-2012, 12:10 AM
its been awesome seeing alot of new and old faces, i hope it keeps up!

Sickle
06-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Ya, server population has been over 300 for the most part lately. Once velious drops I can expect to see 600-800 average like we did with Kunark. I cannot wait for winter

Galaa
06-23-2012, 04:55 AM
before I left the server in May, the normal weekday peak was 7XX, and on some weekends it can even peak at 8XX.

There's only 188 online now, which is far from the numbers just 1+ months ago.

Tarathiel
06-23-2012, 05:34 AM
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr206/jasonblanke/aliens.jpg

Namegen_Isterrible
06-23-2012, 08:29 AM
before I left the server in May, the normal weekday peak was 7XX, and on some weekends it can even peak at 8XX.

There's only 188 online now, which is far from the numbers just 1+ months ago.

Lol. We definitely did not have 700+ at any point in may.

Galaa
06-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Lol. We definitely did not have 700+ at any point in may.

We did have 700+. If you didnt see it, it simply means u werent online during those times.

And only 240 online now, the lowest Ive ever seen on a Saturday...

manwithaplan11
06-24-2012, 02:21 PM
There was definitely no where near 700 in may. I've been playing since the start of april and most I've seen is 480, and that was because of double xp weekend.

JenJen
06-24-2012, 02:27 PM
i just made a paladin on the server yayyy. hard to chase down those pesky bats

pharmakos
06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
something like 430 online at the moment

any lowbies wanna group, send me a tell (Escapegoat is my in game name atm)... currently have a 12 warrior and a 12 shaman that are gonna head to nro/oasis

maahes
06-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Main thing is we have new players coming in. That's always good. EQ got old once the new players stopped arriving.

This is a true statement.

lilyanna
06-25-2012, 11:39 AM
i just made a paladin on the server yayyy. hard to chase down those pesky bats

Addict :) did you miss not playing or is this an alt ?

maahes
06-25-2012, 11:55 AM
There will always be a pretty steady flow of people that are "new" to the server. It's getting them to stay just long enough so they start to feel that EQ addiction in their veins again that is key. There are many issues currently hampering this experience. IP exemptions seems to be the most common reoccurring issue. But many of those things if not all are out of our control. We have to wait for the Admins to take action.

The only thing we can do is provide those players with a great gaming community. Be nice to the new guy, help answer the noob questions, or toss a few PP if you can afford it.

Nirgon
06-25-2012, 11:57 AM
You know as far as IP exemptions, you could just play a char in shifts until you get yours like we did in the olden days.

This Ambrotos guy seems to be rather active, mayhaps things shall improve. But for the most part, it looks to me like people trying to get away with boxing so I can see their reluctance to get to those.

maahes
06-25-2012, 12:26 PM
You know as far as IP exemptions, you could just play a char in shifts until you get yours like we did in the olden days.

This Ambrotos guy seems to be rather active, mayhaps things shall improve. But for the most part, it looks to me like people trying to get away with boxing so I can see their reluctance to get to those.

And in the end. That approach does nothing but hurt the server in the long run. I was born and raised in the United States of America. Here our criminal systems were created around a philosophy. "You are innocent until proven guilty." If we start accusing people of being guilty of two boxing when it is nothing more than a husband and wife that want to play. Well... its the honest people that are on the server that are hurt the most, in the way of population declines.

nilbog
06-25-2012, 01:02 PM
And in the end. That approach does nothing but hurt the server in the long run. I was born and raised in the United States of America. Here our criminal systems were created around a philosophy. "You are innocent until proven guilty." If we start accusing people of being guilty of two boxing when it is nothing more than a husband and wife that want to play. Well... its the honest people that are on the server that are hurt the most, in the way of population declines.

You apparently have never operated an emulated Everquest server. It is indeed great to assume everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

People aren't accused of boxing, (at least by staff), until they break the rules. When they do break the rules, they are punished according to the "laws". It is definitely not the honest people that are hurt the most.

maahes
06-25-2012, 01:09 PM
You apparently have never operated an emulated Everquest server. It is indeed great to assume everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

People aren't accused of boxing, (at least by staff), until they break the rules. When they do break the rules, they are punished according to the "laws". It is definitely not the honest people that are hurt the most.

You apparently didn't read what I wrote. I am saying... even in a world of degenerate criminals we must always prove guilt, not just assume and demand people provide evidence of innocence.

Your second paragraph doesn't make any sense. That is fantastic that people are not punished until they break a law on this server! What I am saying is if you delay IP exemptions and don't even give the people a chance to break said "laws". In that case, the only people your are punishing is the "law" abiding citizens.

Do you maybe want to reword your comments? Do you disagree with what I am saying and mistakenly agreed in your comments?

falkun
06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
You are not "guilty" because you cannot log two clients on at the same time, you are "innocent" because you can log two clients on at all (albeit at separate times). If you would like to push your "innocence" further and obtain a second client at the same time, complete the paperwork (VERY American way of things, so you should be used to it).

Autotune
06-25-2012, 01:22 PM
You apparently didn't read what I wrote. I am saying... even in a world of degenerate criminals we must always prove guilt, not just assume and demand people provide evidence of innocence.

Your second paragraph doesn't make any sense. That is fantastic that people are not punished until they break a law on this server! What I am saying is if you delay IP exemptions and don't even give the people a chance to break said "laws". In that case, the only people your are punishing is the "law" abiding citizens.

Do you maybe want to reword your comments? Do you disagree with what I am saying and mistakenly agreed in your comments?

You aren't getting punished.

Having an IP exemption is a privilege not a right.

Where does p99 attract all these idiots?

maahes
06-25-2012, 01:23 PM
You are not "guilty" because you cannot log two clients on at the same time, you are "innocent" because you can log two clients on at all (albeit at separate times). If you would like to push your "innocence" further and obtain a second client at the same time, complete the paperwork (VERY American way of things, so you should be used to it).

For the record, I personally requested my IP exemption when I started playing. I think I requested it on a Wednesday and was granted it by the weekend.

So very true on the paperwork comment.

The reason i am putting my .02 into this conversation is because it was implied that the staff here does not process the IP Exempts because most of them are boxers. If that is the case, than that is wrong and everyone knows it. I personally assume it is because of summer and people living a real life.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -BF

maahes
06-25-2012, 01:23 PM
You aren't getting punished.

Having an IP exemption is a privilege not a right.

Where does p99 attract all these idiots?

Ugh. You people scare the shit out of me. Stop the nerd rage!

Barkingturtle
06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
The reason i am putting my .02 into this conversation is because it was implied that the staff here does not process the IP Exempts because most of them are boxers. If that is the case, than that is wrong and everyone knows it.

That's not the case. Listen to the staff, not the trolls.

Messianic
06-25-2012, 01:26 PM
And in the end. That approach does nothing but hurt the server in the long run. I was born and raised in the United States of America. Here our criminal systems were created around a philosophy. "You are innocent until proven guilty."

Lol...I hope you realize how dumb this sounds with regard to playing a video game on someone else's server.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -BF

Yes, Benjamin Franklin was talking about our right to IP exemptions when he made that statement.

Autotune
06-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Ugh. You people scare the shit out of me. Stop the nerd rage!

You take hearsay and go to war for it. You should be scaring yourself.

maahes
06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
You take hearsay and go to war for it. You should be scaring yourself.

War? Lol. Sigh.

This now needs to be moved to RNF.

Messianic
06-25-2012, 01:32 PM
War? Lol. Sigh.

This now needs to be moved to RNF.

It probably needs to be moved to the trash since you started arguing that one of our essential liberties is the right to get a timely IP exemption on someone else's server and on someone else's labor.

maahes
06-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Any new player that happens to be reading this and possibly making a decision to join the server. It has been said many times before, but I will say again it.

These boards may attract an interesting genre of people, or bring out the worst in us. However, the actual population that makes up the server is completely different. I don't think ever in my 2 tours of P99 have I ever seen really bad nerd rage like one can find daily on the boards. The 99% are extremely helpful and enhance your EQ experience.

formallydickman
06-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Listen to the staff, not the trolls.

^^^^^^

Messianic
06-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Any new player that happens to be reading this and possibly making a decision to join the server. It has been said many times before, but I will say again it.

These boards may attracted an interested genre of people, or bring out the worst in us. However, the actual population that makes up the server is completely different. I don't think ever in my 2 tours of P99 have I ever seen really bad nerd rage like one can find daily on the boards. The 99% are extremely helpful and enhance your EQ experience.

Fair enough - but almost 100% of the "Hey i'm new" posts in server chat are encouraging and indicative of the playerbase as opposed to the forumbase.

Nirgon
06-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Having a clean whistle and IP exemption myself, I can say its a good thing to have. However, I know how MOST IP exemptions end up.

(Two banned accounts and QQ my wife and kids thread)

Razdeline
06-25-2012, 02:05 PM
For the record, I personally requested my IP exemption when I started playing. I think I requested it on a Wednesday and was granted it by the weekend.

So very true on the paperwork comment.

The reason i am putting my .02 into this conversation is because it was implied that the staff here does not process the IP Exempts because most of them are boxers. If that is the case, than that is wrong and everyone knows it. I personally assume it is because of summer and people living a real life.

You are looking wayy too far into this thing bro, just take a step back, think about what you are saying.

MrSparkle001
06-25-2012, 03:29 PM
EZ Server seems to have more players lately, but that could be bot accounts for all I know.