PDA

View Full Version : New Player Question

Cunyar
06-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Hey guys, how's it going? I originally played EQ from Kunark to GoD, and had a blast, especially the old content (Kunark & Velious).

I have a couple quick questions regarding the server:

1. Are the hell levels implimented, as they originally were?

2. How is cross-teaming viewed? I played on Vallon Zek, and it was looked down upon for a few years.

3. Camp timers etc...are they relatively close (or the same) as they originally were? ie - camping days for the tainted spawns, etc.

Thanks a lot, I look forward to having a good time with old content again!

Pleb

fadetree
06-27-2012, 04:06 PM
1. Yes I believe so.
2. There's no such thing...unless you mean on red?
3. I think most are, but on dragon spawns the variance has been greatly increased to try and keep people from sitting on thw spawn point with a raid force. This failed.

Cunyar
06-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Ok, cool.

See, the question regarding cross-teaming may be a bit weird for people who originally played on bluebie servers. Basically, on VZ, we didn't do it. It was basically humans/elves/pecks/erudites/barbs vs. DE/ogre/troll/iksar.

I'm curious as to whether the top tier guilds look down upon the teams being together, or if they are cool with a DE cleric grouped/raiding with a barb warrior.

kingsBlend
06-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the server, hope you enjoy your stay.

PsychoTass
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
pretty much play whatever race/class you want, have fun!

fadetree
06-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah nobody pays attention to race, since smell-o-vision really never was implemented.

Cunyar
06-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Cool, thanks for the info! :)

Cunyar
06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
How is the class population spread out? I'm assuming that there are 3x as many druids as other classes, and warriors/clerics are in short supply?

A couple friends of mine that played live waaaaay back in the day with me rolled a necro and bard, and I'm just trying to get an idea of what's going to be useful down the road.

I remember the days of <Defiant> only having room for like 2 druids on raids, and I don't want to have to worry about that all over again. If I'm going to devote the time and play, I'd like to be useful.

Anway, suggestions are welcome, as I've played most of the classes at some point, so skill level isn't really an issue (once I get back in the swing of things...it's been awhile!).

Silentone
06-28-2012, 03:15 PM
classes are pretty even play what you want. Most people will suggest you lvl up a caster/solo class to gear out a melee if thats the class you want to play. I say play what you want

fadetree
06-28-2012, 03:38 PM
I say the same, but with that said Tanks are in demand. Hard to start with one though.