PDA

View Full Version : Back from a break, and now it's broke... HELP!

jacobrenchen
06-28-2012, 03:27 AM
I took a little time off from playing and when i gear up to start playing again i go to p99 site, download and plug in all the new files from last update, and i get hung up on the login screen, saying i'm unable to connect to server? I'm not even getting to a server select. just at name and password screen, any ideas? I haven't changed anything, and have moved all updated files to folder. please help!

isoka
06-28-2012, 04:45 AM
Are you using EQ titanium client ?

kingsBlend
06-28-2012, 06:38 AM
did you change the eqhost file to the correct server info?

Danyelle
06-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Are you using EQ titanium client ?

That wouldn't necessarily matter. EQEmu (the Login Server) supports more than Titanium. Even though P99 doesn't. He says he can't even get to Server Select.

My bet is it's the eqhosts problem. Ensure it's what it should be and set it to read only.

jacobrenchen
06-28-2012, 11:07 AM
I have Titanium, My host is set to 5998, unless it's changed i think this is the right one?? I haven't changed any of my files, and was playing just fine last month, Except I logged onto p99.org and downloaded the new patch files... Still no luck today, thanks for all your input i'll keep trying things, and keep an eye on this post to see if any other information comes up. Thanks again all, keep the info coming missing some p99 action!!!

jacobrenchen
06-28-2012, 11:12 AM
A lil update, the message i get when i try and log in is, A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online. if the problem persists. please check our network status and scheduled Downtime pages for updates. if the problem persists, please use our help link for further assistance.

I dont want to use the help link for fear it'll run patcher or something, and i'll have to start from scratch...... i suppose it's a possibility that something got corrupt, and I may have to do that anyway, fingerscrossed!!!

titofuentes
06-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Did you try running the EQEmu program? Not sure what it's called. I'm at work so I can't check. Whenever there are file updates I just let it do it through there and havent had problems yet

jacobrenchen
06-28-2012, 11:30 AM
I have tried to run the updater, and it will not allow me to run it at all... =/ It hangs up and basically says the same thing, cannot connect to log in server.

titofuentes
06-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Hmm..... I would suggest doing a fresh client install. Maybe something got screwy in there. That's about the extent of my technical know how. Lol

jacobrenchen
06-28-2012, 11:48 AM
/cry, I was kinda afraid i'd have to. I can't think of anything else, since it was working just fine a month ago! cheers all, see ya soon i hope.

kingsBlend
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Try running the eqemu launcher as administratior. Right click the shortcut >properties > check run as admin.

jacobrenchen
06-29-2012, 12:12 AM
My oh my, fresh install, and still same thing. No idea whats going on!!!!???

jacobrenchen
06-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Running as admin didn't do anything. Emulauncher will still not work for me and getting same popup message when i try to log in. =/

jacobrenchen
06-29-2012, 12:26 AM
All I should need to do is change eqhost after install, correct? and change the shortcut to .exe patchme to avoid patcher, yea?

Savok
06-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Your running eqgame.exe and not everquest.exe right?

jacobrenchen
06-29-2012, 10:23 AM
aye.

lilyanna
06-29-2012, 10:44 AM
This sounds like an issue someone else had and it was actually down to their internet provider blocking a port. Might be worth checking that out.

Also, what anti-virus do you use? Check it hasn't removed any of the EQ files that you need.

fadetree
06-29-2012, 11:34 AM
The message you get means that
a) you have the wrong info in your eqhosts file, ie., wrong/bad IP or port, or possibly that the eqhosts file itself is unreadable or incorrectly formatted. In any case, it means the program is not getting the correct IP/port setting.
OR
b) somebody along the pipes from your computer to the host is blocking the ip and/or port.

can you ping the login server? ie., open up a dos cmd box and type
ping eqemulator.net

you should see something like ( may look slightly different )

Pinging eqemulator.net [67.23.190.71] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 67.23.190.71: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=50
Reply from 67.23.190.71: bytes=32 time=59ms TTL=50
Reply from 67.23.190.71: bytes=32 time=78ms TTL=50
Reply from 67.23.190.71: bytes=32 time=64ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 67.23.190.71:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 58ms, Maximum = 78ms, Average = 64ms

if you can ping eqemulator.net, then the port is probably being blocked.

port 5998 is a diagnostic telnet port ( ncd-diag ) and it may be blocked by windows firewall or your AV product...try turning off all firewalling and even your AV ( temporarily ).

Check your cable router by logging into it and see if it has any firewalling/port blocking going on....maybe even give cable customer service a call.

jacobrenchen
06-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks again for all your input. I'm chugging The ping did work so I'm checking the ISP, Firewall, AV, and all other things i can think of that may block the port. I think we're getting close to solving this issue, thanks again all!!

titofuentes
06-29-2012, 12:43 PM
If EQEmu isn't updating files you might want to check that the Everquest folder isn't read only or that it can be read/write by you. I had an issue on my desktop where I didn't have permissions set up on the folders to be able to update things. Maybe that's happening to you.