PDA

View Full Version : Just another thanks to the staff

Safon
07-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Regardless of how active you are, you work for free to give us classic EQ and that is beyond amazing. The recent upwards growth of the pop is because of your increased efforts, more than likely, so thanks even more for that.

Long live classic!

norova
07-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Amen to that.

I encourage anyone who can spare even just a few bucks to donate to the cause. Think of all the cash you've thrown away on MMOs you didn't enjoy. 5 bucks here and there won't kill you. :)

webrunner5
07-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Yeah, this can't be a fun task day in and day out. Thanks to all.

Woobi
07-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

runlvlzero
07-13-2012, 07:50 AM
I would like to thank you all, especially the GM's and Guides on the server. I know that donations just go to keeping the server alive, and come xmas your getting a little bonus this year. But I don't know how to thank the actual individuals who run this place.

To rogean, thanks for putting up with my insanity on your forums. To Nilbog, your an awesome dev. To Amelinda you put up with so much BS from a few trolls so that you may help all the rest of us. Thanks for being there for the server.

I don't know many of the other Staff all that well, but if I didn't mention you specifically you are still awesome =)

I believe theres 800+ people who play here, maybe not all the time, but stop in and have had a blast. Probably a few thousand that think you are all cool =)

P.S. This server has been better then my live experience, and had better uptime. I have allot more faith that this project will be kept running or passed into good hands then I do for the future of the game itself.

Truheart
07-13-2012, 08:24 AM
concur

Nirgon
07-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Yeah, this can't be a fun task day in and day out.

If one is so inclined, it can be very fun.

Snagglepuss
07-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks for everything. I love playing on this server! Long live classic EQ!

bulbousaur
07-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Agreed, thanks to all the staff for your work here. It's much appreciated by us that play a ton!

renegadeofunk
07-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Been having an absolute blast leveling my enchanter here. Thank you for being awesome.

Danyelle
07-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah, this can't be a fun task day in and day out. Thanks to all.

Not necessarily. If you like coding/developing etc it can actually be a lot of fun. In fact, I'd find it hard to believe that they just made this out of the goodness of their hearts and NOT because they find the 'job' entertaining and fun. Same goes for the other server devs or the people that run the actual EQEmu infrastructure.

maahes
07-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Not necessarily. If you like coding/developing etc it can actually be a lot of fun. In fact, I'd find it hard to believe that they just made this out of the goodness of their hearts and NOT because they find the 'job' entertaining and fun. Same goes for the other server devs or the people that run the actual EQEmu infrastructure.

Totally agree. But there will always be a place for the brown nosers!

Crug
07-13-2012, 05:24 PM
I have to admit the staff are amazing on here. Got my buddy to try out the game, first time on he gets stuck in a lake, ~5 minutes later Amelinda shows up and helps him get out.

Just shows you the dedication they got here.

Arclanz
07-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Fun work is still work. The silent majority really appreciates you guys! We boistrous types appreciate you too. I played briefly in 2010 but as I'm still lurking; I obviously take interest in and have appreciation, admiration, etc. for what you do. Bravo!

Now Rogean or Nilbog, rollout that patch pahlease.

Long Live P1999 !

Malimus
07-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks for all you do and keeping Classic EQ alive! :D

Malevz
07-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks to the staff, I try to donate every month unless there's some emergency.

Also after switching to blue I have to say it's not just the staff but the players that make p1999 great. Everyone is incredibly helpful and cool I've found, really a great bunch of people on the server.

Norther
07-13-2012, 06:28 PM
HUGE. Thanks for all of the hard work. I'm glad I get a chance to experience all of the stuff i missed out on as a pre-teen.

Draco519
07-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah, much appreciated!

kruzchek
07-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I too would like to say thank you.

Datheth
07-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Yeah, thank you for all the hard work yall put into this server.

Danyelle
07-13-2012, 11:35 PM

And there are plenty.

runlvlzero
07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
And there are plenty.

Of which there are none in this thread. We aren't getting anything out of this other then enjoyment of the game and satisfaction that we had the politeness to say thanks in our own way. I know I don't have the skill or patience to do things for this project personally. But I'm greatful, even to the community. Most of us are more or less anonymous.

Please keep the thread on topic, there are places for your debates.

Thanks again P99 Team.

nilbog
07-15-2012, 04:45 PM
You're welcome. Enjoy your time here.

deneauth
07-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Enjoyed every minute of time on this server, and I am still enjoying it. Thank you kindly Nilbog and friends!

Halem
07-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks Staff! I just started playing last night and I love it, brings back fond memories.

Fine job!

sedrie.bellamie
07-17-2012, 11:44 AM
congrats Ambrotos on several well done BOTB rounds. Everyone can't wait for more!

Paumad
07-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Much respect and gratitude for any type of time spent on this community, be it by dev'ing, dealing with us kids ingame, or organising Botbs.

coki
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Thank you guys!

Telron
07-17-2012, 05:53 PM
I never thought for a moment I would get to re-live EQ 1999 and yet you have proven me wrong. Much thanks! And to top it off its free!

Takoo
Druid

Arclanz
07-19-2012, 03:51 PM
For some reason this morning I was thinking how "any press is good press." And this reminded me of P1999. My posts here are not too positive lately; but I hope folks on the project keep that axiom in mind. It is better to have people complaining here because at least they are interested in your project. More online projects die to apathy than to conflict.

Why have I not played since 2010?
1. I hate farmers who camp content far below their level
2. I know the end game is a disaster and nothing like the server I played/raided on back in the day.
3. I saw far too many toons being powerleveled (which are probably then promptly twinked by farmers).

Long Live P1999!

Striiker
07-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Agreed with the general feelings expressed in this thread. I am and will continue to be a supporter of this great server. There are a handful +/- of people who insist on voicing negativity and complaints (in a non-constructive manner) but they surely do not represent the significant majority (most of whom just play and have fun and don't bother much with forums).
I show my appreciation by donating regularly and doing my best to be a respectful member of the community.

Hailto
07-19-2012, 04:24 PM

Thanking someone for creating something you enjoy isn't brown nosing. What planet are you from?