PDA

View Full Version : Lord Nagafen Kill

_Nayiri_
11-11-2009, 10:51 AM
So, give us a play by play! I want to know how this raid worked. I would have liked to be a part of it, but alas, I am still lvl 12.

Tengo
11-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Manastones plus highly skilled players/leaders.

Goobles
11-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Me R Hi Skillerz...push Butan, Atak!

Salty
11-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Pretty sure mage fire pets don't take nagafen's AE.

Also, is Vox/Nagafen casting Dragon Roar? That was the rape fear spell~

President
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Thats right.. Forgot about getting fear'd.. seems like it would be hard with 17 people and dealing with that.. (not saying they didnt do it)

Jero
11-11-2009, 07:53 PM
regardless of strat and how skilled people are they simply had no where near the gear needed to down him at 17 , naggy needs to be tweaked if 17 people can down him

something is out of whack

Salty
11-11-2009, 08:37 PM
regardless of strat and how skilled people are they simply had no where near the gear needed to down him at 17 , naggy needs to be tweaked if 17 people can down him

Nagafen was always cake, but I wouldn't mind him harder. Vox is pretty damn tough though; unlimited mana wtb bashers.

Aeolwind
11-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Not go give away any strats for these guys, just in case: I was there for the kill, 2 keys were mana stones and a solid strat. It was strikingly similar to the really old school way of killing Nagafen.

Zithax
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
lol play by play.

Bro it's fucking naggy, that fight is as straight as billy mays' heterosexuality. Nothing before GoD is difficult in the least sense of the word.

Let me tell you:

A) He has an AE Fear (Magic resist-based)
B) He has an AE DD (Fire resist-based)
C) He has a loot table
D) He has 32k hp

My guess is they ran in and fought him in the lair. Casters dodged AE's using a wall, and some people were healed.

profit

Goobles
11-11-2009, 09:27 PM
C) and D) are mixed up. You need to get through those 32k hp before you get the loots!

My dad's not a cell phone... DUHHH!

Pheer
11-11-2009, 09:50 PM

here come the conspiracy theories

karsten
11-11-2009, 10:00 PM
emu conspiracy theories by emo people, QQQQQ

Harazzer
11-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Hes a 32k mob, its really not a big deal.

Gratz on guildwide titles for a trivial win though.

karsten
11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
guild titles make jealous people QQ though harazzer

Harazzer
11-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I remember some qq'ing when i took over your guild and ran you off tzvz.

Jify
11-12-2009, 12:09 AM
<3

Jero
11-12-2009, 01:03 AM
here come the conspiracy theories

no i know it was legit i had a good friend there ... im just saying thier isnt much resist gear in clasic and weapons are pretty bad

Pyrocat
11-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Hes a 32k mob, its really not a big deal.

Gratz on guildwide titles for a trivial win though.

They weren't guild wide.

Aeolwind
11-12-2009, 01:08 AM
They weren't guild wide.

Correct, they were specifically for those that participated in the kill.

Allizia
11-12-2009, 02:36 AM
They get titles, we get an "oops, Phinny procs supernova" =( sadface

I'm the last person to scream any kind of favoritism, but I really hope Phinny isn't ninja fixed with certain people knowing about it before others, that would be very very bad.

It's bad enough people got quest items from doing Sol Ro quests completely legit, and had the items taken away when Sol Ro was closed, but then people doing planes got to keep the loot they got when planes closed - It's minor and I don't care, but it is without a doubt different outcomes to the same situation, which means there is some influence swaying decisions.

Pyrocat
11-12-2009, 03:10 AM
People who got high level items on a GM event that wasn't approved didn't get their items removed either.

Fugly
11-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Since certain people may be interested, I'll share some details.

Lord Nagafen details: Melees around ~250. AoE 500 damage fire AoE that dispells. Constant AoE fear. 32k hp. Summons.

For those curious, this was the raid makeup:

2 warriors
2 paladins
1 shadowknight
2 rogues
1 druid
4 clerics
2 shaman
1 enchanter
1 necromancer
1 wizard
0 bards
0 magicians
0 rangers
0 monks

For a total of 17 players. Two players died during the fight: one paladin, and the wizard. That night, we had one failed attempt before the one that brought him down.

Miraculously, Zexa managed to NOT manastone to death on this particular raid. This was the key to victory and the most difficult part of our strategy.

It was very challenging fight, and a very satisfying kill, and done 100% legitly.

Allizia
11-12-2009, 07:36 AM
People who got high level items on a GM event that wasn't approved didn't get their items removed either.

Completely different scenario. While i disagree with the quality of the loot, the GM event was available to anyone that could get there and the items are classic and still available in game. The people that got polished mask (which I've seen drop twice since the event) and GEBS (which I've seen about 17 times since event) were basically the people that were currently grouped with a druid or wizard. I was in Lguk at frenzy with Penoy in the group, so we were there within 5 minutes.

Sloth
11-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Congrats guys. Sounds like you guys did a great job. Lotsa hating on this thread.

Can't wait till I can get in there and kick some ass. Vox is the only classic raid I've never done and I'm hyped to try it.

Salty
11-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Lots of people getting trolled in this thread.

karsten
11-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Lots of people getting trolled in this thread.

^^

karsten
11-12-2009, 08:02 AM
I remember some qq'ing when i took over your guild and ran you off tzvz.

sometimes i play and sometimes i don't, but everywhere you go you QQ sooooooooooo

you got ran off of vztz yourself, hence why you had an almost 50 sham here when i started, oh and just remembered your QQing when i killed you in steamfont -- you should really join my guild, i'll make you an officer brew

karsten
11-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Since certain people may be interested, I'll share some details.

Lord Nagafen details: Melees around ~250. AoE 500 damage fire AoE that dispells. Constant AoE fear. 32k hp. Summons.

For those curious, this was the raid makeup:

2 warriors
2 paladins
1 shadowknight
2 rogues
1 druid
4 clerics
2 shaman
1 enchanter
1 necromancer
1 wizard
0 bards
0 magicians
0 rangers
0 monks

For a total of 17 players. Two players died during the fight: one paladin, and the wizard. That night, we had one failed attempt before the one that brought him down.

Miraculously, Zexa managed to NOT manastone to death on this particular raid. This was the key to victory and the most difficult part of our strategy.

It was very challenging fight, and a very satisfying kill, and done 100% legitly.

wait no, serious question -- no mages at all?

Pheer
11-12-2009, 08:14 AM
there are classes that can do damage besides mages you know

karsten
11-12-2009, 08:17 AM
that's clear, but given that one of the most successful nagafen strats involves a number of mage pets, i'm surprised at that makeup

Skeletonya
11-12-2009, 08:20 AM
To anyone suspecting anything illegitimate, well, I guess you never played with a group of people who work well together, and follow simple instructions. Truth is, this kind of boss fight is a simple one. The low number of people involved in the kill im sure presented them a much bigger challenge than the strategy.

Grats on the kill. Good work.

Allizia
11-12-2009, 08:54 AM
To anyone suspecting anything illegitimate, well, I guess you never played with a group of people who work well together, and follow simple instructions. Truth is, this kind of boss fight is a simple one. The low number of people involved in the kill im sure presented them a much bigger challenge than the strategy.

Grats on the kill. Good work.

Agreed, Naggy is one of those fights where it can actually do more harm then good bringing too many people. I've never disputed the kill and have faith in the several GMs/devs that watched the fight to ensure it.

Wenai
11-12-2009, 09:04 AM
I find it hilarious that people are actually considering hiding behind a wall as an exploit. You don't just do it against dragons, you do it any situation you can. I do it all the time in dungeons by ducking around corners to avoid a stun or DD. Detrimental spells require line of sight. Use that to your advantage.

Jify
11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
I find it hilarious that people are actually considering hiding behind a wall as an exploit. You don't just do it against dragons, you do it any situation you can. I do it all the time in dungeons by ducking around corners to avoid a stun or DD. Detrimental spells require line of sight. Use that to your advantage.

Can you imagine? NToV, no wallz! Ahhhh!

entilza
11-12-2009, 01:52 PM
WoW no bards? Always thought their resist songs were key, especially after getting dispelled etc..

bopice
11-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Awesome that it was killed!

Just seems like allure can charm almost anything. Than 2 or more enchanters can just charm raid mobs and send them on raid bosses. Should work on all raids. So pretty much anything can be done with a few chanters and clerics.
Maybe some death touch mobs will take more people or more charmed mobs.

No idea if allure was used just saying, all pre-kunark content seems able to be done with a few chanters and clerics.

guineapig
11-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Slightly off topic:

What do you guys think will be the first raid target that will take a substantial number of people to defeat on this server? Like in the range of 35-50 or more.

Opinions can include Kunark/Velious for the sake of arguement.

thrawnseg
11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Eye of Vesheen.

President
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Inno will probably need a few due to the DT no?

Pheer
11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
i would think cazic is probably going to be one of the harder ones

Wenai
11-12-2009, 05:04 PM
i would think cazic is probably going to be one of the harder ones
Agreed. I think it will take a lot of people ... Breaking into Fear will be a mess. I think it is one of those situations where less is more for the break in.

Otto
11-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Please lock this thread, I'm making a new one to discuss what happened and what we just found out as of 7PM Central time 11/12/09