PDA

View Full Version : Bard Instruments

Vladigan
07-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Hey All,

Looking for some input. I have mistmoore battle drums and the gypsy lute. What are some better instruments that are dropable that I should be saving/looking for?

Thanks for the help!

Splorf22
07-10-2012, 03:32 AM
Hey All,

Looking for some input. I have mistmoore battle drums and the gypsy lute. What are some better instruments that are dropable that I should be saving/looking for?

Thanks for the help!

IIRC MM drums are 2.1, Sharkskin Drum (2k) is 2.2, and Selos's Drums (20k) are 2.4.

I actually don't know of a better lute, so if there is one i'd love to know :D

falkun
07-10-2012, 07:19 AM
gypsy lute -> meastro lute (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Kelin%60s_Seven_Stringed_Lute) -> VP lute (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Lyran%27s_Mystical_Lute). The last two are NODROP.

Adrieth
07-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Edit: I can't read. This isn't droppable, but the coins for it are... close enough.

Let's also not forget the Nostrolo Tambourine, which is 2.2 and looks awesome.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Nostrolo_Tambourine

Harmonicdeth
07-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Tambourine is awesome, just finished that quest, its pretty difficult if you don't have a guild to help you out in those deeper dungeons. Sometimes you can find a chanter camping his epic mobs in OT and Kaesora so they might be killing those mobs that drop the coins there. But yeah as they all have said, not much for someone other than the MM drums/Lute till planar.

Tamsin Dyresoul
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Well, I was curious and just logged in my 36 bard. MM drums with elemental rhythms is upping resist by 38. Switched to hand drum and that's only upping them by 31. The thing is you have to stop the song and restart after switching drums due to a bug that is keeping the multiplier the same until a song is stopped and restarted. Kinda nice to fire up selo's and then swap in weapons and take off at full speed across a zone...

Edit: Bug is a bit more complicated than I thought initially. If you start with hand drums and switch to MM drums the resist will increase on the next pulse, however if you start with MM drums and switch to hand drums the resist will not decrease.

SirAlvarex
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Shhh, that bug is awesome. Don't ruin it for us bards. Life is a hand cramp as it is.

Lazortag
07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Has it been proven that these instruments are actually buffing more, even though the modifiers say they are?

A cheap Lute with 2.0 does the exact same damage as a Lute of the Gypsy Princess, that has 2.1, 100% bonus and a 110% bonus, no difference. That was said by Gieuge on another bard thread, so I'm curious if anyone has ever tested a Bard with speed song + Selo's Drum vs MM Drums.

I'm curious, because even by the low-mid levels, if these are actual differences they should start appearing in DOTs and such, IE you'd get more damage out of a lute with 2.1 than you would with the stock 2.0 lute, even if it's just 1 or 2 extra damage for the extra 10%.

Do the MM Drums give less resistance for Elemental Rhythms than the Selo's?

Yes, the modifiers work, but due to roundoff you sometimes don't see the full effects of them at lower levels.