PDA

View Full Version : EQ Classic Server Thread

ectokooler
07-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi there,
I thought I would make a thread where can can get together and discuss things we remember most on our respective servers - be it guild, events, players, etc. Personally, I hail from Quellios and remember the good old days of EC Tunnel trading and the day i got my first character into Crush and Swill Company. I remember being scammed by the Shady Swashbuckler fireplace bug as well as my first trip to Unrest as a lowly lvl 15. My enchanter lived and died on that server and will forever be remembered. Anyone else hail from Quellios or have any memories from their own server?

Squiff - 13th Rogue
Howser - 7th Cleric

fadetree
07-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I remember the great battle between the Skorchers and the Grudge Bearers outside of Freeport on Fennin Ro. Rol Gratul, Skorchers! And DeVir....

I remember bloody Kithicor.

I remember sitting in the water next to the North Karanas bridge seeing once and for all if casting Harmony on yourself increased mana regen...

I remember meeting Grimfeather for the first time. Briefly.

Marmo
07-12-2012, 02:31 PM
I remember the great battle between the Skorchers and the Grudge Bearers outside of Freeport on Fennin Ro. Rol Gratul, Skorchers! And DeVir....

I remember bloody Kithicor.

I remember sitting in the water next to the North Karanas bridge seeing once and for all if casting Harmony on yourself increased mana regen...

I remember meeting Grimfeather for the first time. Briefly.

I remember that spell sentinel pissing EVERYONE off

ectokooler
07-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I remember that spell sentinel pissing EVERYONE off

HAHA OMG YES! MY 28.8kbps modem would melt in the EC tunnel

douglas1999
07-12-2012, 02:47 PM
My most vivid memory from classic is still just sitting on top of the mountain\desert wall in east commons medding at nighttime, listening to that ambient creepy animal noise\wind loop and knowing there's a 75% chance I'll stumble into one of these "griffin" things that I'm scared shitless of. Sigh.. there needs to be another EQ1.

Snagglepuss
07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Getting lost in the Greater Faydark and praying not to run into any centurions...

Having 3 level 13 to 17 wood-elf rangers because I thought I had "beaten" Crushbone so I would make a new one...

Admiring the red conn'd human warrior in full bronze armor at the Bank of Kelethin...

Being 13 and playing a wood-elf ranger not understanding game mechanics or how certain classes "sucked"...

Kaellaven
07-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Yeah I played on Fennin Ro I remember my first trip from Qeynos to Highpass for my enchanter spells...scary shit!

I remember my first dark elf character and finding out the creature sitting at the pyramid wasn't friendly! ( learned to /consider)

My first guild House Undraeth and working with DeVir, House V'Umbra and Arkheneld protecting Neriak from those wretched dwarves in Grudge Bearers. The battle in Kithicor was amazing. Good times.

Kwetcher
07-12-2012, 09:48 PM
I came from the Innoruuk server. One of the best times I have had was on EC. This was back right before Vellious came out. Four GM's came on as a mama troll and her 3 kids. She asked a trader in the tunnel to watch her kids so she can run to Boomba and buy some pickles. As soon as she left zone all hell broke loose. The three "kids" ran all over the place screwin with everyone. They all were pvp so they were able to "whack" a trader with a fishing pole and run away because the person wouldn't take them fishing. The roleplay from the GM's was right on and fun, they played their characters very well. It didn't take too long for the players to decide and whack the trolls. A few mins after the trollings were killed, mama came back. And she was pissed. She had the HP, regen, spells, and resists that were on par with any of the raid bosses to date. It was a good 10-15 minute fight before she was dropped. I believe a jar of elf-pickles was the loot.

Liukang
07-12-2012, 09:54 PM
haha playing on uncles account for the first time he made me a char and went to work somewhere inbetween him leaving and comin home from work i LD'd and when i came back i must of selected a diffrent server and when i got to char screen there was no chars i was so scared he was going to beat my ass when he got home LMAO

and i enjoyed fair raid content