PDA

View Full Version : P99 on iPhone?

Sirbanmelotz
07-12-2012, 03:47 PM
I know you can somehow play it on droid but how difficult would it be on an iPhone?

Phinger
07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I didn't know you could play it on Droid...I would really like to know though!

fadetree
07-12-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't know of a droid that can natively run any windows programs...MAYBE if you could get WINE working ( windows emulator under linux ) you could do it, but...doubtful. Iphone I'm just gonna say No.

ectokooler
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah. Android has an app called Kainy, which boasts up to 60fps via remote desktop connection, and has onscreen overlays for touch controls. I have not gotten a chance to try it out, but they have videos of it running wow remotely with no issues.

maahes
07-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Better make sure you upload on your data connection is smoking if you want to see 60fps over RDP lol.

Buy a laptop.

ectokooler
07-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Indeed. While I do not state this to be a viable option to actually play with, it should be your best bet if anyone was looking for an EQ fix via smartphone.

JenJen
07-12-2012, 06:08 PM
some guy in mistmoore the other day claimed he was playing from his phone.....and it showed. It basically looked like he was afk 90% of the time. He'd begin attacking once mobs were down to 10% hp. and he didnt move much at all.

toddfx
07-12-2012, 10:26 PM
I played around with this a while back on my iPhone using LogMeIn and also Splashtop over WiFi. Best I got was about 5 - 10 FPS with all resolution and quality settings at minimum. Auctioning in EC was about all it would be even remotely useful for. Couldn't even walk due to a bug that kept any of the bound walk keys from working. This was the case with both apps, so it must be something on the Windows or EQ side. Autorun worked, but couldn't turn or even hardly look around due to lack of calibration of the touch controls for mouse look simulation.

It has been about a year since I tried though, so maybe things have changed by now.

Here is the thread by a guy who apparently got it pretty playable on a Droid. Many similar concepts apply to the iPhone.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7485&highlight=droid

ShadowWulf
07-13-2012, 04:40 AM
some guy in mistmoore the other day claimed he was playing from his phone.....and it showed. It basically looked like he was afk 90% of the time. He'd begin attacking once mobs were down to 10% hp. and he didnt move much at all.

Original DROID DOES EQ poster here.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7485

I need to make new videos, i know....
Anyways 30-50 FPS at 720p (full screen, full color) is doable now over 4g running a dual core Galaxy Nexus clocked at 1.5 with a stripped down rom for this purpose. Using a combo of bluetooth keyboard or willmote (poorly! It sucks...) makes it far more playable now that physical keyboards are a dead issue on most high end smartphones. No need to play on wi-fi anymore. The issue with iPhone users is lack of resources, shitty connection, everyone still trying to play over VNC despite being shown its useless for tis, and ZERO romability/asset management, even on a 4s.

fadetree
07-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Well, I misunderstood what was meant I guesss...I thought you were talking about actually running it on a phone. RDP / VNC doesn't count in my opinion as 'running' eq, just displaying it.

ShadowWulf
07-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Well, I misunderstood what was meant I guesss...I thought you were talking about actually running it on a phone. RDP / VNC doesn't count in my opinion as 'running' eq, just displaying it.

Wait till I get my hands on my MS Surface (x86) version and then we will really see how well it runs natively!
However it does now run well on current W7 tablets like the Acer Iconia w500, especially with upgraded SSD's