PDA

View Full Version : Best Dueling Weapon - Warrior

kphooper33
07-16-2012, 07:50 AM
I was just wondering what every other warrior thinks is the the best weapon or weapon(s) for dueling? Also maybe what is your reasoning for your opinion. It seems to me the largest DMG 2her you can find would be best for jousting, but maybe not.

AimAce
07-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Get weapon that procs slow/snare/etc

Proc slow/snare/etc

Proceed to win by just turning circles on the slowed opponent with a real weapon or joust

Win

Slycen
07-16-2012, 10:40 PM
SLOW EM WITH A TRUNCHEON
THEN JOUST EM DOWN WITH A VP 2H
OR TAP 'EM WITH 2X BLOOD POINT

runlvlzero
07-17-2012, 12:18 PM
SLOW EM WITH A TRUNCHEON
THEN JOUST EM DOWN WITH A VP 2H
OR TAP 'EM WITH 2X BLOOD POINT

This is the only way =P

Having a snare, and a good bow is usefull too for people too lazy to pull out their own, unable to get to you, unable to get too, IRC bows can interrupt casters in pvp too.

But the slow is nice vs other melee's and fast dual wielders.

AimAce
07-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Noobs like poster above who thinks that using long CD wep and jousting = victory, obviously have never pvped as warrior (the worst pvp class in the history of Norrath)

KentalCowtipper
07-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Going to be a blackstone mauled warrior that wins it imo:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6197
51 dmg is hard to beat in jousts. Not sure if ToD is a viable option; still experimenting with the proc/resist rate vrs other 60s in pvp compared to straight dps of blackstone.

Flippie/Kental

Kevlar
07-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Wasn't the pre-nerf moss covered twig the best weapon in the game? Somthing about getting that lvl 60 damage bonus on top of 8 delay.

AimAce
07-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Twig was 10 delay, and also is RETROACTIVELY nerfed. More importantly, extremely low delays is useless in duels because of jousting.

That being said, jousting is ALSO useless.

Ele
07-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Jousting probably wouldn't work in the original warrior botb rule set anyway.

There was a rule with the warriors, which stated they must face each other at all times in combat, therefore not allowing for “Constructive Fleeing”.

runlvlzero
07-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Noobs like poster above who thinks that using long CD wep and jousting = victory, obviously have never pvped as warrior (the worst pvp class in the history of Norrath)

Did you play one?

I killed a necro with superior gear. All I needed was sham buffs. No heals War level 50 plane of fear. Right under cazics feet.

Anyway - jousting is effective if you have an oponent that won't stand still. If you don't want to stand still yourself it is. In the necro's case I just ran him down, he couldn't land a spell on me.