PDA

View Full Version : So I thought this would be simple!

Taiku
07-17-2012, 11:57 PM
I figured, I would take some of the plat that was loaned to me by higher level players, head over to East Commons, and look for some gear to make soloing as a monk a bit easier, I had enough plat for (maybe) two rings, if I was lucky, but when I got here, I forgot how hectic all of this can be!

First I ran to the Overthere from cab (I'm an iksar!) figuring I would just hop on a boat and ride to Oasis of Marr, however I forgot that the port in OT is KoS to Iksar.. So then I was informed that a port would be the way to go.

Since ports are usually something you pay for, I reached for some plat, to find out that I had left all of my coin in the bank in cab.... So I ran all the way back, picked up my coin, returned to OT, where a nice shaman named Xigot helped me along to get to the druid who was porting, with an invis and SoW, I don't know how I would have made it there on my own!

So -finally- after a few hours of planning and mistakes, I'm here finally, sitting in the entrance of EC tunnel, frantically clicking all of the gear links that is in my price range (a few hundred pp). And being utterly confused as to what to pick up. So I guess I'll end my post with a question, What would you guys buy if you had no gear, and about 400 plat to spend? I'm an Iksar monk, level 17, I've got one wu stick, and another staff that is currently on lend from a guildmate, a foreman's tunic, and the rest is cured silk that I made myself! Anyway I hope I can figure all this out!

kcabeblli
07-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Well personally, I would pick up 2 5ac/55hp rings. They run for 250pp each or If you cant do that pick up 4ac/45hp rings. Cured Silk and a Wu's stick will hold you for a bit but I would definitely pick up some HP rings if you can snag some.

kcabeblli
07-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Oh and make sure you get a bind in WFP before heading out to hunt if you already haven't. Would be a long ass corpse run.

Taiku
07-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Just picked up two plat fire wedding bands! perhaps if i sell some of these bone chips i'll grab something else, but i've pretty much spent all i had lol, thanks for the suggestion!

slickmasterizzy
07-18-2012, 04:50 AM
yep i was going to suggest the hp rings.

im pretty sure mend is % based (30% i want to say?) which makes it awesome

also you should be practicing bind wound when your soloing since i think monks can (maybe only at higher levels?) bind wound up to 70%

Versus
07-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Work that bind wound up! Skill: 201 = BW to 70% iirc

Tasslehofp99
07-18-2012, 09:37 AM
201 skill for bindwound starts at lvl 51.

Slave
07-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Just picked up two plat fire wedding bands! perhaps if i sell some of these bone chips i'll grab something else, but i've pretty much spent all i had lol, thanks for the suggestion!

You just did the best possible thing in your situation. Now pretty much all there is to do is level. You can grab a Fungi Robe (500pp) later to make yourself look amazing.

Malevz
07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Hey there scaled cousin!

Catching the boat in OT for Iksars:

1. Run around the outside of the outpost near the water
2. Wait for the boat at the end of the pier, watch for undead herald near the end
3. When the boat comes swim to the front right corner, you'll see a barrel attached that is slanted down into the water, climb up it

You can't jump onto a boat from the water, but this barrel will let you walk onto bloated belly.

Enjoy!

touchtonedialing
07-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Yep, HP/AC rings then buy a Wu's Quivering Staff.

Taiku
07-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I was able to sell enough bone chips to afford both my plat fire wedding rings, and a robe of living fungus, it looks so awesome! I feel like a real monk in it haha, or at least more like the monk I had on live a long time ago, I managed to pick up a port back to DL from a druid with the last of my plat and somehow made it safely back to cab, the whole trip to EC and back without a single death, was so stressful ^^ lol

Telron
07-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Grats on win Taiku. And a winning name. See you in EC : )

Reptak
07-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Yep, HP/AC rings then buy a Wu's Quivering Staff.

This is excellent advice. Probably best bang for the buck.