PDA

View Full Version : Tether

Advisor
07-19-2012, 12:02 AM
I have been for 1 week now trying to tether to play eq.

I have gone through countless apps

I now realize p99 is what is the problem....

I just connected to EZ server no problem....

Anyone know if there's something I need to change to be able to connect to P99 via WIFI TETHER? (UDP ENABLED USING EASYTETHER PRO)

Melodikka
07-19-2012, 12:04 AM
foxfi free app that turns your phone into a mobile hotspot w/o being charged any fees, lets me log-in fine with my cell phone unless you're in a bad service area, seems to work way better in the middle of the night it's almost like cable internet when no one's hogging whatever cell phone tower usage

Melodikka
07-19-2012, 12:07 AM
sorry internet lag caused me to post twice so I edited it out

Muergan
07-19-2012, 12:35 AM
i used PDAnet to play p99 it worked great for me

ShadowWulf
07-19-2012, 03:00 AM
What phone? Rooted? Rom? Kernal?
Ive played via tetering (3g + 4g) for over a year on 5 different phones, zero issues. Its not the game.

Give more details and maybe I can help.

Advisor
07-19-2012, 08:24 PM
4G Metro PCS LG ESTEEM and rooted, I have PDANET and EASYTETHER PRO edition

Every other server works except fucking p99 servers

Hailto
07-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I also played through tether with my Evo, this was about a year ago, but I don't see why it shouldn't work still.

ShadowWulf
07-20-2012, 02:59 PM
4G Metro PCS LG ESTEEM and rooted, I have PDANET and EASYTETHER PRO edition

Every other server works except fucking p99 servers

Try wifi-tether for root users off google play, baring that my wife has good results with Open Garden. Its funny, OpenGarden NEVER works for any reason on 4.01 or JB 4.1 roms on my GNex but works perfectly on the TBolt, where as Wifi-Tether wont work on her T-Bolt no matter the rom....

Its worth a try as both programs are free.

I also recomend uninstall any and all other tether (wired or wireless) apps on the phone AND pc side (PDA NET has a pide i believe) first, its now a known issue that multiple tether apps can interfere with eachother, usually when it comes to routing issues. wifi tether has more access control options anyways.

ipconfig /flushDNS in a command promp in windows also. Worth a try.

edit: AFAIK p99 and ez, and all the rest, use the SAME ports for connection, this makes a server specific tether connection issue highly unlikely. I assume you use completely different clients and directories for each right?

Advisor
07-20-2012, 09:38 PM
nope i log on eq and click connect from the giant server selection screen

i do have TONS of wifi/tether/USB internet connection apps on my phone though.

maybe i should uninstall all of them

Advisor
07-20-2012, 09:39 PM
also i was using a proxy on my pc for some reason when not using a proxy i cant visit any websites, so i open the proxy program once i am tethering so the websites will actually fucking load

maahes
07-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Enable UDP. Sometimes only TCP is on.

ShadowWulf
07-21-2012, 02:01 PM
nope i log on eq and click connect from the giant server selection screen

i do have TONS of wifi/tether/USB internet connection apps on my phone though.

maybe i should uninstall all of them

Ok, its known now that multiple tether apps DO cause issues, nuke them all, start over preferably with just wifi-tether for root users off google code base.

I would even go as far as to just clean reflash the damn thing. Kill cache/system/data/dalvik and reinstall the rom, gapps and a kernal and go from there. Use titanium or such to backup apps if necessary.