PDA

View Full Version : Hey I'm new here!

Sebastionleo
07-19-2012, 09:29 AM
I just started playing a couple days ago. Played to 65 with a boxed group on PEQ, and have tons of geared 70s on EZ, but had never tried p99 until recently.

I picked a necromancer because I'd never played one before and figured I could solo well if needed, but I realized I don't know the good necro solo spots. I had the sisters in LFay pointed out to me, and I'm farming them for exp and bronze weapons now at 13, but I don't really know where to go from here, anybody have any tips? Would be greatly appreciated.

Also I'd like to know the best way to fix faction, as I can't sell to wood elves, gnome guards hate me but their merchants are apprehensive, and I'm running around with 175 lbs of bronze and other stuff on me unable to sell.

Messianic
07-19-2012, 10:01 AM
You can sell your bronze at the vendor next to the steamfont druid rings - indifferent to all. Fixing faction usually isn't worth it. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

At 13, my necro did oasis - mainly because it's like shooting fish in a barrel, not because it's particularly fast or easier than elsewhere. Money sucks there too. You could try Erud's crossing or NK for greater lightstones to use for the concordance quest (9+pp per turn in and not weight restrictive).

Heavydrop
07-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Don't bother with faction as has been stated, unless you really really need to bank but that could be a real pita. You're a necro, you'll never really be liked anywhere but your own guild hall.

Unrest is your friend. Zone exp bonus and full of undead of course but it might be easier to solo in Oasis if you prefer that.

Striiker
07-19-2012, 12:36 PM
If you wanted a change of scenery you could also do Kurn's Tower. I never really went there but I've heard it has plenty of undead for you. The down side is it's far away and the Iksar really don't like anyone so selling there will be more difficult that where you are now. You can also start to look towards Unrest. There are often groups there and you are around the level where you can start up with the bugs.

Sebastionleo
07-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Hmm okay, when i get 14 I think I'll hit unrest, as it seems like that's the level for Unrest. Thanks for the tips, maybe I'll hit oasis if I ever have trouble finding a duo partner or a group.

Sebastionleo
07-19-2012, 11:00 PM
How is High Pass here compared to Unrest for exp? I used to be a huge fan of camping orcs and gnolls in high pass and then going to High Keep afterwards.

Striiker
07-20-2012, 10:55 AM
How is High Pass here compared to Unrest for exp? I used to be a huge fan of camping orcs and gnolls in high pass and then going to High Keep afterwards.

I never really did High Pass etc. Some have said that the Keep has some of the best XP if you are killing the nobles etc.
I personally have always loved Unrest for some reason. It's a fun zone with enough danger to make it exciting so that was most often the place I leveled up through my teens and 20's in. I always avoided Oasis as much as I could but had to hit Orc Highway a few times when grouping was difficult to get.

Snagglepuss
07-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Unrest is pretty unreal for exp. I highly suggest solo or group there. Highpass used to get groups during Vanilla, but I haven't seen consistent groups at the entrance since then.

Telron
07-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I miss HHK so much haha. I think that was the first place I leveled in my 20s. Super rad zone and free banking if your not evil : )

Messianic
07-20-2012, 12:01 PM

High Pass/High Keep aren't all that populated (groups aren't always there), but it's a fantastic place to level. Just as fast as it was on live.

fadetree
07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
High pass itself is pretty good, but its the Keep where the real exp is. The basement gobs from 20-30ish are fantastic. Guards too once you can, but you'll go KoS pretty fast.

acid_reflux
07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
If you try to solo the yard bugs and the zombie whores just be aware that they are social and will blob agro you. They will be dark blue to a lvl14 but may be nasty until you get the yard busted up... after that its non stop killing as they respawn fast... get clarity2 if you can...

Sebastionleo
07-20-2012, 07:17 PM
I did some soloing in the yard last night, got 4 yellows in a pretty short time at 15 using calm the dead and picking mobs off as they wandered away from the herd, then i got SLN, thorns and regen and went nuts pulling 3-4 mobs and letting them kill themselves on the DS.

Getting C2 would be a great idea, I'll have to look into that.

Grumble
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
This is the best faction guide I've found so far.
http://samanna.net/gen.info/faction.shtml