PDA

View Full Version : Druid Solo 53 and up - loot/xp.

mefdinkins
07-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Hello all,

I'm 53 and the thought of doing raptors to 60 makes me want to cry. Are there any good dungeon spots I can root/rot for good XP and maybe some poss. loot? Should I just suck it up and grind 53-60, or try Kedge Keep or something? I feel like this would take months of /played (1-52 really didn't seem so bad).

I've been messing around COM and I've done the jump to the 2nd story but am not sure of a safe spot to bind and/or camp? Anyone have any advice on pulling that off, I'm too scared of binding in some sketchy place and getting rocked over/over/over.

Is chardok possible any tips/suggestions for doing this? I'm afraid zone in is a bit dangerous was thinking maybe I could bind by zone out and pull a few of the mobs near ent.

Is frenzy camp possible at Lguk? I've heard of druids soloing this a lot but I think they may have had help breaking it up.

I like messing around KC entrance but usually too packed and I'm too afraid to go further in solo?

Is HS or OS good? I haven't even gotten the keys to these yet.

Thanks,
Mef

Austrianna
07-20-2012, 07:30 PM
I loved HS to xp in, solo'd there on my Necro and my cleric spent most of her 50s and dinged 60 in that zone on live!

You should be able to solo at the zone of HS in or drop down and solo there. I did both with my necro around your level.

As for COM, right now on P99 I keep my cleric bound at the Moat camp back against the wall on the little ledge there (don't want to be logging into a reaver fight!). It's safe enough, no mobs wander there, you just either want to get an IVU pot or hope there's no undead mobs along the way when you want to move on to your camp ;)

You may be able to do some of the zone in/out and in front of the "house" (or whatever you call it) mobs in chardok as well, but I think they might have more HPs, I haven't been to chardok since live.

If you're just having trouble finding groups at all, feel free to poke me if you see me in game. I'm usually just duoing with my monk guildie and we let whoever join, we're not snobby about classes or anything! He's 53 and I'm almost 52

Tasslehofp99
07-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I did the goo house/arena in CoM 53-55. Then I hit Sol B Lava duct crawlers 55-60, I used root/rotting to kill in these areas. When the stone spider spawns in Solb at LDC's though you'll prolly be stuck going to Karnor's (stone spider bit of a bitch to solo as a druid without the right clickies lolz) which isnt a bad alternative if you know what you're doing and where to hunt. Harmony works wonders here and tons of mobs can be root/rotted for sick exp. In karnor's I'd suggest the turnkey spawns and captain area for the best exp/loot as a druid vs risk it takes to get it. Captain may take a few tries to learn how to pull without training yourself. Hint: Harmony everything.

Good luck, a good druid can level 49-60 in 3 weeks or so of semi-hardcore grinding.

Happyfeet
07-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Nothing better than HS zone in, quading the static ragers out front of KC, quading or charming dinus with 2 lifetap sticks from kaesora for raptors, and root/rotting LDC's in solb.
HS zone in starts going LB at 57/58, then I switched to LDCs/raptors and DL. Just break those first two pats, then hide-pull (if you have hide) the others single. I like it because you can AFK at the zone in once broken on the stairs, I'd sometimes root/rot 3-4 at a time, then just AFK for 10 min and repeat. Be careful of the east pat (it summons). Basement is ok, but I like the ZI better.

Edit: Tassle is right about KC, forgot about that. I did KC to break up the monotony of empty dungeons and little to no loot. I got 4 Tstaffs, 3 band of eternal flames, and tons and tons of other crap. Basically decked out a monk twink and myself with just farming KC.

You can also do perma pit, but dying due to lag or some gay pathing really, really sucks. Only way to get a rez most of the time is if a necro is bound down there or a vox raid comes through.

SavageBeast15
07-20-2012, 09:38 PM
You can charm bats in SolB and do LDCs/DB bats. You can also charm dogs in chardok, but there are alot of casters, so they nuke the crap out of the pet and the dogs don't last long

Handull
07-20-2012, 11:47 PM
people have covered it, but if you want a shot at loots, KC is probably your best bet. you can root dot there for a long time. tho there is a learning curve for where you can pull mobs without them spazing out on you, where to run when you get trained etc. expect to die, but expect to also be able to find a quick rez (unlike charok or HS). the box room is a nice place to be imo.

chardok can be nice, but konw your limits. you can easily root/rot the golems, janisarys, and manglers, and you can invis around to find some to kill, but its a big hastle. definately a fun zone, and with a buffed, charmed dog you can go all out and kill most mobs in the zone, but again you have to learn which pulls will get you killed and which wont. invest in a WC hat if you are going here and always keep it charged.

Daldaen
07-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I soloed level 54-60 almost exclusively.

Permafrost bear pits / Kedge Keep are the 2 best locations for charm killing which is likely the best / fastest method of leveling post 53.

You need Call of Karana and Glamour of Tunare, so buy up all those crap spells and turn them in til you get those 2.

Each has their positives and negatives:

Perma's Positive:

Great EXP
Out of the way, so not many people visit the zone.
A few safe locations where you can bind yourself and be safe to afk at

Perma's Negatives:

Should you die the corpse run sucks balls and getting a rez is even worse unless you have a necro corpse summoner and cleric willing to run out to Perma. (Honestly they should just introduce the Surefall Glade portals)
Getting into the pits without an Ice Giant train takes some practice. Basically you want either a friend to move the 3 IGs + 1 IG Magus out of your way, or you need to learn how to aggro them all, snare them and get them stuck in another part of the zone then zone or succor out.
The loot is pretty bad, there is 1 named bear, an injured polar bear, which drops a decent shaman spear but that's it.

Kedge's Positives:

Great exp again, however this slows down at 58-60 unless you are brave enough to clear the seahorse cave.
Again out of the way so you won't be bothered all that often.
Decent gear. You have the potential of getting Seahorse Scale Cloak (35CR) good for Vox/Gore fights, Hammerhead Helm (13AC 7Str/Sta) great for ranger twinks, Abalone Gorget (9wis) great for cleric/paladin twinks, Squallsurge Shawl / Driftwood Treasure Chest / Shield of Prexus and a few other goodies. Once you get used to it you can clear every one of these PHers before they start respawning. Back when I was doing it the gear would sell for a few hundred plat for the sharkbone hammers and such, up to around 5k for the helm and 10k for the shawl.

Kedge's Negatives:

Its underwater, so you will want a Fishbone Earring to make your life 100x easier not worrying about EB ending or dying while AFK due to drowning etc.
It is again out of the way however getting a cleric to rez you there isn't too terribly challenging, however I always was paying 100-150plat for rezzes there.
Should they ever fix water vision / speed to be classic, it will become much much more challenging, however P99 has some non-classic mechanics in regards to those things and it makes the zone vastly easier than it was on live.

I did KK for a solid 20ish levels, around 34-50 and 54-56ish and 59-60. Perma pits for 56-59ish. Both are great camps if you put some time into learning them, and are prepared to accept a death or two in the process... However I never died in Perma and pray you don't either if you happen to go to that camp cause its terrible.

clacbec
07-21-2012, 01:19 AM
what about a spot for a solo 55 wiz beside td rapts ? i was so bored i leveld a sham to 45

myxomatosii
07-22-2012, 08:58 AM
I soloed level 54-60 almost exclusively.

Permafrost bear pits / Kedge Keep are the 2 best locations for charm killing which is likely the best / fastest method of leveling post 53.

You need Call of Karana and Glamour of Tunare, so buy up all those crap spells and turn them in til you get those 2.

Each has their positives and negatives:

Perma's Positive:

Great EXP
Out of the way, so not many people visit the zone.
A few safe locations where you can bind yourself and be safe to afk at

Perma's Negatives:

Should you die the corpse run sucks balls and getting a rez is even worse unless you have a necro corpse summoner and cleric willing to run out to Perma. (Honestly they should just introduce the Surefall Glade portals)
Getting into the pits without an Ice Giant train takes some practice. Basically you want either a friend to move the 3 IGs + 1 IG Magus out of your way, or you need to learn how to aggro them all, snare them and get them stuck in another part of the zone then zone or succor out.
The loot is pretty bad, there is 1 named bear, an injured polar bear, which drops a decent shaman spear but that's it.

Kedge's Positives:

Great exp again, however this slows down at 58-60 unless you are brave enough to clear the seahorse cave.
Again out of the way so you won't be bothered all that often.
Decent gear. You have the potential of getting Seahorse Scale Cloak (35CR) good for Vox/Gore fights, Hammerhead Helm (13AC 7Str/Sta) great for ranger twinks, Abalone Gorget (9wis) great for cleric/paladin twinks, Squallsurge Shawl / Driftwood Treasure Chest / Shield of Prexus and a few other goodies. Once you get used to it you can clear every one of these PHers before they start respawning. Back when I was doing it the gear would sell for a few hundred plat for the sharkbone hammers and such, up to around 5k for the helm and 10k for the shawl.

Kedge's Negatives:

Its underwater, so you will want a Fishbone Earring to make your life 100x easier not worrying about EB ending or dying while AFK due to drowning etc.
It is again out of the way however getting a cleric to rez you there isn't too terribly challenging, however I always was paying 100-150plat for rezzes there.
Should they ever fix water vision / speed to be classic, it will become much much more challenging, however P99 has some non-classic mechanics in regards to those things and it makes the zone vastly easier than it was on live.

I did KK for a solid 20ish levels, around 34-50 and 54-56ish and 59-60. Perma pits for 56-59ish. Both are great camps if you put some time into learning them, and are prepared to accept a death or two in the process... However I never died in Perma and pray you don't either if you happen to go to that camp cause its terrible.

Seconded, perma fastest exp hands down.

Alternatives, CoM ramps/wall. Rotting. (Moat sub 55ish still good xp and easier.)

BnB in SolB for charming good also.

Get someone who knows the pits to show you how to get there safely.