PDA

View Full Version : First timer

kchisarik
07-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Hello,

My brother approached me about playing on this server, I am wondering if there is any low level population for groups these days?

I havent played EQ in YEARS, looking forward to it.

Also, he wants to play a monk...is there a class that would compliment that well?

Sebastionleo
07-21-2012, 09:55 AM
A shaman makes a GREAT complement to a monk. You've got slow for less damage, heal for less downtime, haste for more dps, SOW for faster pulling, DOTs, str/dex/agi buffs, and eventually a pet to help the monk beat on the mob.

Groups are easy to come by. Once you get to about 8-10 you can go to crushbone and level there until 14-15. Then you hit Unrest for 14-22, then Mistmoore, etc. As long as you go to the zones people frequent, groups are easy. If you make friends early, you may be able to find people and pick your own group spot away from the norm for something different as well. I've been playing for about 4 days, I'm a level 18 necro and I've got 10 friends on my friend list from grouping already.

kchisarik
07-21-2012, 10:36 AM
great thanks a lot

Snagglepuss
07-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the server!

The lower level population tends revolve around a few key zones like Crushbone, Unrest, Oasis, and the Commons. There are always new players lurking around those zones, and groups are easier to come by. There are some great leveling guilds on the server that will help you make friends, find groups, and acquire some gear! I'm sure you'll run into some of those guild's at those zones!

Telron
07-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Welcome back! This server is rad. I haven't had any real trouble grouping. I found that OOC gets ignored a lot so if your /ooc LFG try running by the camp spots ppl frequent and they will prob just add you in.

Crug
07-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh yeah I am a huge alt-oholic, along with a lot of other folks on the server, so I find it isnt so hard to find groups in the right places. I HIGHLY recomend though that you stick around east commonlands while starting out. Tons of high levels sitting bored at tunnel and just wishing a lowbie would ask them to give them buffs.

At least thats what happens to me on my shaman when im trying to buy or sell there haha

Striiker
07-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the server! Another great place to go at low level is Blackburrow off of Qeynos Hills / Everfrost Peaks. Starting outside at around level 5 or 6, you can kill Gnolls; some of which drop Gnoll Fangs. Collect a stack of these and turn them in (look up the quests involved). You get great XP for this low level quest. I have gone through an entire level plus, doing the the quest.

There are a number of great zones to go to once Blackburrow slows down in XP (usually around lvl 12). Have fun!

kchisarik
07-22-2012, 11:29 AM
hehe should be fun to get a Troll to these places :)

No maps on 1999 right?

Striiker
07-23-2012, 09:39 PM
hehe should be fun to get a Troll to these places :)

No maps on 1999 right?

Correct, the in game maps are not available. There's a thread where people are discussing the EQ map archive. It has various maps which were made by players for various zones. It's a great resource!