PDA

View Full Version : Speedbhump Soupcan <Enraptured>

MooseTX82
07-22-2012, 01:29 AM
For those of you who knew Speedbhump.

I am sorry to report that Speedbhump (Brian) passed away yesterday 20th July IRL to an apparent overdose. Speedbhump was not only a good cleric but one of the original members of Enraptured. In fact he was one of the first 5 people in the guild. From day 1 he helped this guild become what it is today. More importantly he was a really cool person to be around and group with. He will be greatly missed as a person and as a Cleric. It is a real sad day for Enraptured as we have not only lost a good player but one of our brothers. RIP Brian (Speedbhump Soupcan)

Xanthias
07-22-2012, 01:30 AM
holy shit...
I just talked to him couple days ago.. wow

formallydickman
07-22-2012, 01:33 AM
My condolences.

quido
07-22-2012, 02:18 AM
Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that. Speedbhump was cool - may he rest in peace.

Unkiller
07-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Speedbhump was the most light-hearted, funny, chill, relaxed dude in Enraptured. He never let anything bother him and always had something funny to say about even screwed up situations, I'll always have good memories of him. He was always there to help anyone who needed and put others ahead of himself.

We love you and will miss you dude.

http://imgur.com/a/oRR2b#0

Fromage
07-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Condolenences, he seemed like the type of person this server was made for, RIP

Snackies
07-22-2012, 02:41 AM
RIP good buddy - I'm shocked and saddened by the news :(

Draco519
07-22-2012, 02:47 AM
My prayers go out to Brian and his family and his friends. May he rest in peace.

Gnomebert
07-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Deeply saddened by this. He was my skillet and the first person in guild i made bonds with after joining, i spoke with him hours before this apparently happened and he was very upbeat and had good feelings about things that were happening in his life. RIP Speed, you will be missed.

Turp
07-22-2012, 03:03 AM
Damn dude, that sucks :( RIP Speed!

QuantumZebra
07-22-2012, 03:13 AM
WTF Just heard about this... RIP brother you will be missed

SavageBeast15
07-22-2012, 03:34 AM
We will miss you buddy, Speed was the main reason i joined up with this guild, My prayers go to his family, and may you rest in peace

Sebekkha
07-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Damn what desperate news, I used to group with speedbhump in SolB, I'd log in at 7am euro time and be hassled straight away to join him because he wanted more XP whilst everyone was flagging for bed!

It was only two days ago I got a tell from him it read 'long time no see my best Englishman, how are you doing!'

So sorry to hear this tragic news, my thoughts and condolences are with his IRL family, and Enraptured

kingsBlend
07-22-2012, 04:36 AM
Fuck, this is some sad news. RIP Speed.

Kinosh
07-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Dude is cool gonna miss him. RIP Friend

Urbanzkopf
07-22-2012, 05:30 AM
I never knew him, but from the comments here he sounded like a really nice guy. It's so sad to hear this news. R.I.P Speed.

BattleToad
07-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Speedbhump was one of my closest friends on Project 1999 and it is a shame to have lost him so suddenly.

Danyelle
07-22-2012, 05:54 AM
Damn that's horrible. Never really spoke to him personally but heard good things. Seemed like a nice guy. RIP :(

goodies
07-22-2012, 05:58 AM
To all of Enraptured...I am truely sorry for your loss. Speedbhump was one hell of an awesome person. I didnt know him in RL.. but i can personally say i loved every moment that i had being able to chat with him. He will never be forgetten.

Prayers are with all of his family and friends.

R.I.P Speedbhump. You will be missed dearly and u will never be forgotten.

Goodies (Acyrid)

myxomatosii
07-22-2012, 06:18 AM
The first time I grouped with Speedbhump was in solb with a few friends doing Efreeti, he came into the lava beetle room and accidentally tapped himself to death with his manastone. The group reported he had done that twice already, and as the day went on he did it twice more.. haha he never got upset but just continued to play and have a good time. I saw him everywhere, as I'm sure we all did here and there and he was always the same happy dude.

kingsBlend
07-22-2012, 06:20 AM
The first time I grouped with Speedbhump was in solb with a few friends doing Efreeti, he came into the lava beetle room and accidentally tapped himself to death with his manastone. The group reported he had done that twice already, and as the day went on he did it twice more.. haha he never got upset but just continued to play and have a good time. I saw him everywhere, as I'm sure we all did here and there and he was always the same happy dude.

It's cuz Speed DGAF

BattleToad
07-22-2012, 06:29 AM
He often ran across Azeroth for hours rezzing people.

Redwhisper
07-22-2012, 07:16 AM
My deepest condolences to his friends and family. I barely knew him, but from my few experiences with him he was a good person.
Last time I saw him was in KC a few days ago, cleric in group had accidentally looted all her items on a CR before she rezzed herself. She was stuck in the loot position not wanting body to go poof. Speedbhump was in the corner by entrance, soon as I asked him for help he ran over and rezzed, saving her an exp loss. Didn't ask for a thing in return, showed real class he did.

Clark
07-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Got to chat with him a few different times. He was a kind soul. God bless him and his family. RIP.

clacbec
07-22-2012, 08:38 AM
=/

PsychoTass
07-22-2012, 08:39 AM
terrible news :-(

Halfelfbard
07-22-2012, 10:37 AM
We should have all out WAR in the Arena in his honor. RIP speed, your family and friends miss you. But with your personality you brought so many people together from all over the world, to bring a smile to someone's face halfway across the planet is a good person/friend.

Later speed, til we meet again.

Atmas
07-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Very sorry to hear this, from the few interactions I had with him he seemed like a very good guy.

Chloroform
07-22-2012, 11:00 AM
rip speed

</3

Slave
07-22-2012, 11:02 AM
This is very tragic to hear. He was a respected and valued member of the community, and this could have practically been any one of us. I think he found a heavy measure of belonging and peace here as we all have.

It makes most troubles seem like nothing in comparison. Thanks for everything Speed, you were a great player.

Ephirith
07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Speed didn't even really know me and he went through the trouble to put aside an item in his inventory for a quest I was working on, so that I could pick it up next time I caught him. I never got the chance, always managed to miss him.

Tradeking
07-22-2012, 12:27 PM
I was attached at the hip to Speed from HHK to SolB. Was one of the best bromances I have ever had. This is very saddening and I will miss him.

Raemius
07-22-2012, 12:37 PM
I had the privilege of knowing Speedbhump since the early beginnings of Enraptured. We spent literally weeks of 8+ hours a day grouping together in Lower Guk. I remember all of the times he accidentally hit me late with a heal and blamed shiftlock on it. I'll always miss those shiftlocks :) He was the first person I looked for when I logged into EQ. He was fun as hell to play with, was generous, and never had a bad attitude.

I am going to miss him tremendously and will never forget him.

My prayers and wishes go out to his family and friends in this difficult time. He will be remembered with fond memories by the many people whose lives he touched.

Silentone
07-22-2012, 01:52 PM
sorry to hear, he was a good player.

Dany
07-22-2012, 02:24 PM
RIP, even tho I didn't know him... always sad to see good people leave earth.. or Norrath... :(

lilyanna
07-22-2012, 02:50 PM
That's really sad news, may he RIP :(

Sirken
07-22-2012, 02:51 PM
always so sad when we lose people so young. my thoughts are with his friends and family.

<3
Sirken

Onshuu
07-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Gonna miss you dude. RIP.

Nietche
07-22-2012, 04:16 PM
RIP man.

MaksimMazor
07-22-2012, 06:46 PM
RIP Speedbhump.

Lazortag
07-22-2012, 08:10 PM
This is really sad news. My condolences to Enraptured.

Xadion
07-22-2012, 08:20 PM
shit, damn.., I just saw the dude and remembered I always loled at his name, he was cool when I chatted with him and he will be missed.

Zeelot
07-22-2012, 09:43 PM
My Condolences. Speedbhump was an awesome person to play with (and a badass eq player). He will definitely be missed by myself and many others :( I send out my wishes to his friends and family, I know how tough a time like this can be.

Regards,

g2condor
07-23-2012, 03:12 AM
I had the great pleasure of knowning Speed in real life. Brian has been my friend for almost 15 years, and was the reason I ever started playing Everquest in the first place. Brian has enjoyed Everquest since the beta, and was a pioneer with his first character, a halfling druid known as Mhuadib, on the Xegony server. From the first day EQ went live Brian's magnetic personality helped him make friends and excell at the EQ experience he loved so much. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that Project 1999 seem like it was made for people like Speed. Well it was, and how! Brian was the happiest I've seen him in a long while when he spoke of his adventures on this server. He finally conviced me to give it a shot about a month ago, and I'm glad he did. He had so many friends here, and as you can tell by his 20 hour playing sessions, he loved being back in the old days of Everquest life. Brian knew this game inside out back then. He always knew where to go for the best exp, loot, quests, or just to goof off and have a good time. Brian was always looking to amuse himself. Sometimes it may have been viewed as rude or offensive to some, but it was never mean spirited and always in good fun for him. I recall one Easter Sunday that he and another rl friend of ours made human characters name Judus and Jesus and went into East Commons and dueled each other. EC was a trade hub at the time, so of course there were tons of people there that all witnessed a server message every 5 minutes that read "Judus has defeated Jesus in a duel to the death!" or vise versa. Sure, not everyone laughed, but Brian thought it was funny, and perhaps you would have to know Brian to know that he would do a lot of things just for the shock value of doing it. That is also how Brian approached life, just looking for the next good time. Brian was a great person in real life too. Just as he was always helping me in EQ, he was there for me in real life too. We have laughed together countless times, and cried together a few as well. Brian was extremely intelligent, caring, insightful and one of the most genuinely unique people I have ever known. Brian was my friend, a very close friend for a long time. I love him. I miss him. I am a better person for knowing him. God speed my friend, I look forward to the day we meet again.

g2condor
07-23-2012, 03:34 AM
I also want to thank the creators of this fine server for all their detication and hard work that has revived the Everquest of yesteryear. I cannot express the joy your labor has brought Brian over his last few months. Also the citizens of the server, Brian considered you his friends as much as any rl friend. You all helped him enjoy his time here, and I could never thank you enough for that. All I ask is the next time you get a chance, propose a toast to ole Speedbhump Soupcan, that would make him smile.

Ecco
07-23-2012, 05:42 AM
Fuck, I miss you Speed.

Fountree
07-23-2012, 08:10 AM
RIP speed (Brian)...had a couple of really special groups with you. Will miss u bud :(

Thana8088
07-23-2012, 09:59 AM
His family (RL and Enraptured) is in my thoughts.

Pillow Armadillo
07-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Thoughts and prayers with his family during their time of grief. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. :(

India
07-23-2012, 10:58 AM
My condolences to all his friends and family.
May you rest in peace

Houdiny
07-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Very sad news indeed. He frequented Oasis while I was there and was always willing to buff at any time. I mistook him for a Druid once, he had his back turned to me and I didn't see the epic flail. He just laughed and gave me an hp buff instead. Seemed like a very good person.

It is always hard to lose a friend of any kind. I feel for members of Enraptured and his family.

Tarathiel
07-23-2012, 01:06 PM
oh wow, ive never grouped with him personally but seen him all over the place. its sucks to lose a valued member of our community. on such a small server one person can make a big difference. my regards to speeds family and to enraptured.... pour one out

Rizher
07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Sad news indeed. RIP and may you be remembered always.

nilbog
07-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Very sad to hear this. My condolences.

MooseTX82
07-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Very sad news indeed. He frequented Oasis while I was there and was always willing to buff at any time. I mistook him for a Druid once, he had his back turned to me and I didn't see the epic flail. He just laughed and gave me an hp buff instead. Seemed like a very good person.

It is always hard to lose a friend of any kind. I feel for members of Enraptured and his family.

Haha. We used to ask him for SoW and Druid buffs to get a rise out of him. It never worked cuz he was always so chill. One of the better personalities I've had the pleasure of knowing in my whole EQ career. Live included.

Enroth
07-23-2012, 07:51 PM
My condolences to Speedbhump and his RL and in-game family.

SwordNboard
07-23-2012, 09:11 PM
RIP fellow EQ player!

Striiker
07-23-2012, 09:30 PM
It's always a sad time when a friend and fellow player is lost.. I know that all who knew him, will remember him in various ways. My thoughts are with his family and friends as this is a very hard time for them..

Futor
07-23-2012, 09:30 PM
RIP

Llabak
07-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Condolences to his friends and family. He was a great guy.

Aata
07-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Very sad to hear this news :(
Condolences to all his online and rl friends and family!

imran
07-24-2012, 06:15 PM
May he rest in peace.

Growlers
07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
R.I.P. Speed you rezzed me on more than one occasion and never asked for anything. Cool dude.

Thorfin
07-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Wow I am utterly shocked at this news and am so saddened. Speed and I never had the best of "online relationships" . Hell we even had an epic blowup at each other one time but to look back now all that is trivial bullshit. Thankfully we made up the last time we talked when he put our differences aside and rezzed myself and mY Shammy friend in the crypt of Seb. I want to give my condolences from the deepest part of my heart to the online family and guild members and IRL family of Brian aka Speedbhump. You will be missed brother!
With love,
Smythe Shanksalot

Otur
07-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Very sorry to hear this. My condolances to his friends and family - both irl and in-game.

Hailto
07-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I didn't know him personally but it seems like he was a valued member of the community, always sad to see something like this happen. RIP

tekniq
07-25-2012, 04:34 PM
now speed is the 2nd person I know who ODed playing p99...

hope all you other rec users be more careful.

rip.

muttonchops
07-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Lump in throat. I was just looking through screenshots the other day and found some of Speed @ lvl 27 in NK. We were just pissing about, waiting for Zahal the Vile to spawn. He was good people, lots of fun to be around. Will be missed.

BattleToad
07-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Are there any more Speedbhump screenshots out there?