PDA

View Full Version : Brother Qwinn

Sammiches
07-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know how to spawn Brother Qwinn in South Karana? I went to -4800, westwall loc and camped that spot for the majority of 2 weeks. I have also tried killing everything on the west wall that might be a "PH" for him. Escaped gnolls and Narra tanith are supposedly the PHs for him. Is there some secret to this? Is it just broken?

Jerin
07-22-2012, 08:32 PM
I dont know if this helps but i just saw Brother Qwinn near Paw entrance ..7:30Central

Sirken
07-22-2012, 09:02 PM
he goes up, he gets downed.

he could be up right now.. i could even be looking at him ;)

tekniq
07-22-2012, 09:03 PM
gathering forces to slay him for his threads as we speak.

Treats
07-22-2012, 11:19 PM
This guy is a real pain in the ass to spawn.

Spent about a week killing Narra and everything up and down N/SW wall and he finally poppedh.

Kill Zephyl if you want to loot the robe, his PH is easy to find and the spawn is only 7 minutes.

Killing Qwinn really fucking sucks for players that actually do the quest.

Sammiches
07-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Finally got this turned in to Bro Qwinn...wow what a marathon...I don't recommend doing this quest, just kill bro z and get the robe. Ridiculous.

Hollywood
07-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Finally got this turned in to Bro Qwinn...wow what a marathon...I don't recommend doing this quest, just kill bro z and get the robe. Ridiculous.

Most monks do not have the luxury of just saying /guild hey let's go kill Brother Zephyl.
Even in BDA and other guilds there is a waiting list.

Having said that, there is at least one a week where people get together to down the Brothers.
And what follows is yet another unnecessarily long spawn rate.

P99 should have Qwinn's spawn rate adjusted to be static. As much as the debate of 'what is classic' rages on, this is one small thing that wouldn't hurt anyone and only serve as a way to benefit those who do the quest legitimately.

At least that's the solution I propose rather than removing the robes from them entirely as that would also constitute as not classic, and annoy people in the process.

You know something is wrong when you could get Tag, Raster, metal pipes, and pretty much all of the rest of the quest done, and yet still can't find the npc to turn quest into.

I always advocated mobile npcs and evolving npcs to help MMOs feel more life-like, but scenarios such as this are just ridiculous.
I feel for monks on P99 and am appalled that Rogean hasn't made adjustments for this.

Additionally if you happen to be the one that camps/constantly Kills Narra in hopes Qwinn spawns, you could really damage your GuardsofQeynos faction.

So it plays out like this ...

A) Someone fortunate enough to gather or have aid of enough people to slay Qwinn (rather than just doing the quest like everyone else) takes down the mob.
B) People looking to do quest cannot because he is not spawned.
C) Someone in particular or a combination of people coming and going over a long duration, continue killing mobs like Narra to spawn Qwinn.
D) While original person is off enjoying their robe having put zero effort into it, other people have lost time, faction and had a miserable playing experience.

As mentioned above this could be solved easily and for the betterment of everyone.

The only rebuttal I've ever heard is why stop with this mob, why not make fixes like this all over the place. And while some have more priority than others, I agree with that..why not fix them all?
A large benefit of making servers like these is that the designers and owners have the power to make any changes they want; to fix things that should have been and never were until many years later (Qwinn is static now).
All the while it does not change the 'classic' angle and purpose.

The majority of the time, the 'it's not classic' is just an excuse because the developers are too lazy or not interested to amendments.