PDA

View Full Version : Question about eqemu launcher

Sebastionleo
07-22-2012, 11:28 PM
This probably belongs in technical difficulties (and i have a post there) but I know that area doesn't get a lot of looks, and this seems like something that would be an important issue for more than just me.

I've only ever set my p99 up with eqemu launcher, and with it being down right now, I'm having issues getting my client to load. I'm getting a "cannot establish connection" despite my eqhost being the same as for all my other clients and they work right now just fine.

I added patchme to my target, tried to load the game and it brought up the "patching everquest" small box with the little bar that happens before the real patcher, and I immediately X'ed out of it. I was wondering, could just that bar coming up have screwed my install?

Tarathiel
07-22-2012, 11:43 PM
you have to go into your eq directory, find the eqgame.exe file.... create a shortcut and then edit that short cut with "patch me" in the target line... should be able to get around the launcher that way

Sebastionleo
07-22-2012, 11:52 PM
yeah, i have that. The problem is its just straight saying "cannot establish connection" now as soon as i click on my EQ shortcut.

Tarathiel
07-23-2012, 12:11 AM
i dunno then, i suck at this stuff, thats how i get around the launcher tho