PDA

View Full Version : Faction Farming

Boilon
07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
how many kills on average does it take to go from scowl>dubious? , I know each kill is worth like 1 point on the faction scale? But does anyone know how many kills required? I know there is some information on the wiki but there shows like 2 different scales. Currently im farming Iksar faction, but on my dark elf have been farming gnolls in blackburrow.

SirAlvarex
07-23-2012, 06:07 PM
It depends on the situation.

I've gone from scowling->dubious on an iksar monk in blackburrow. It took, I think, about 6-10 hours worth of constant killing. I can't remember the exact number as it was spread over multiple play sessions, but it was a rather intensive farm.

On the other hand my Ogre Warrior went to dubious in NFP with just a few hours of casually killing orcs in EC and WC.

So yeah, it's all relative. For Iksar, expect massive faction farming in the 5-10 hour range. For dark elf, probably half that or less.

Different mobs/quests also give different amounts of faction. Search allah for the faction, as those "estimates" are what are used to get the faction right here.

Boilon
07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
I see. I didn't know positive faction hits had a different range.. i thought it was only negative faction hits that varied depending on the kill. I did know that class/deity had some impact because I have heard of varying amounts of killing if your an iksar shaman vs shadow knight for Qeynos faction for example.

Dunes
07-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but its somewhat related... :o

Does anyone know what it would take for an ogre to become non KoS with warriors in Qeynos area for gnoll fang turn ins? Killing the gnolls for the fangs takes care of the guards and merchants themselves, but those pesky warriors hanging around quest NPC in South Qeynos are still painfully KOS.

Thanks in advance!

Boilon
07-23-2012, 11:16 PM
the warriors in South Qeynos for the gnoll fang turn ins are apart of the Steel Warriors faction which is also the same faction for freeport warriors by the arena iirc. I'm not sure exactly how to raise that without killing freeport militia..