PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ghoulbane

Kaltron
07-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi, Just started on this server and I'm having a blast but I have a question about the Ghoulbane.

Is it a quest on this server or a drop, also how much would one go for if I see someone selling one.

Thank you!

Xadion
07-25-2012, 10:22 PM
uguk shin lord drop, no quest.. They are 800ish plat I think

Kaltron
07-25-2012, 10:34 PM

Thanks!

Is EC the trade hub here I didn't see much in Gfay I may head to free port when I get higher and see what's up.

Heavydrop
07-25-2012, 11:05 PM

800 is on the high side. I bought my Paladin one months ago for 500 and that was
probably a bit high. I know someone who bought one for 375 so the price
varies as with all items

Lagaidh
07-26-2012, 07:22 AM
800 is on the high side. I bought my Paladin one months ago for 500 and that was
probably a bit high. I know someone who bought one for 375 so the price
varies as with all items

I agree about 800 being high side. I've been here for two years and bought my first one for 600... and realistically... I still see it fetch about 600p. I agree with Heavydrop that it varies, but I swear I've begun to think about the Ghoulbane as a unit of currency equivalent to 600p.

Now if I had one to sell, I'd let it go for 500, any less... I'd keep it for fun runs through lower level undead holocausts =)

bulbousaur
07-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks!

Is EC the trade hub here I didn't see much in Gfay I may head to free port when I get higher and see what's up.

Yes, EC is the trading zone.

Danth
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
As a rule I don't advise buying a Ghoulbane on P1999 unless you need it for your epic or want one for nostalgia value. Paladin-class gear economics being what it is, you can buy fairly good 2-hand weapons like a Blade of Xalgoz or a Nathsar Greatsword for 100-200PP. For 1H, you can buy a Sword of the Morning for as little as 1K and be set all the way to 60. Any of these weapons will give better service than the Ghoulbane will.

Danth

Heavydrop
07-26-2012, 12:49 PM
As a rule I don't advise buying a Ghoulbane on P1999 unless you need it for your epic or want one for nostalgia value. Paladin-class gear economics being what it is, you can buy fairly good 2-hand weapons like a Blade of Xalgoz or a Nathsar Greatsword for 100-200PP. For 1H, you can buy a Sword of the Morning for as little as 1K and be set all the way to 60. Any of these weapons will give better service than the Ghoulbane will.

Danth

I am inclined to agree. I have a 15 paladin equipped with a GB. It doesn't proc until 20 and I've seen young paladins swing and swing it and not have it proc. Afterward I advised them to boost their dex.
My same paladin equipped with a green jade broadsword (which I yanked for 50 plat from some seller) has been much more effective.
The GB is nice and nice looking but terribly slow

kaev
07-26-2012, 12:50 PM

Danth

Seen Baton of Faith (pal/mnk 30/40 2hb) selling for 150 to 300 pp for months on end. Don't waste pp on Blade of Xalgoz. Nathsar Greatsword is ok for skilling 2hs due to low delay (also great for sub-level 20s as it suffers far less from the silly damage cap that makes so many 2h weapons vendor trash, just as they were on live.) Too much loot floating around this server for the pop, lotta 2h weapons that saw a fair bit of use live are trash here.

falkun
07-26-2012, 01:01 PM
The only 2HS worth having is Soulfire, Fiery Avenger, and Fiery Defender. Soulfire can be quested by L10 if you can get someone to kill Lucan for you. The rest is a few invis pots and a fish-killing mule in Qeynos. I love having a flaming sword on my L12 paladin.

Kaltron
07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
OK, this is my first time playing a paladin and I heard the Ghoulbane was the go to low level weapon but apparently I was wrong.

I am a very new player who hates to beg what would be a better choice I could save for?

Raavak
07-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Ghoulbane was alright in classic, pre-Kunark. Too many good weapons now. Ghoulbane is just a quest item anymore.

falkun
07-27-2012, 07:56 AM
L1-10: Sword of Skyfire (100-200pp)
L10-you know what you're doing: Sword of the Morning (1000-1500pp)
L20+: Baton of Faith (~300pp)
You still need a Ghoulbane and Soulfire for your epic, so its not like having them is a bad thing.

Basically, paladin weapons are vendor fodder at this point.

Lagaidh
07-27-2012, 08:03 AM
The only 2HS worth having is Soulfire, Fiery Avenger, and Fiery Defender. Soulfire can be quested by L10 if you can get someone to kill Lucan for you. The rest is a few invis pots and a fish-killing mule in Qeynos. I love having a flaming sword on my L12 paladin.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Lagaidh
07-27-2012, 08:06 AM
I do agree with the sentiment about the Ghoulbane being a lesser "main weapon" after Kunark. I know mine did me well into my late 20s. But then I landed one of the few GFGs on the server after Kunark hit. Boy did I lose my shirt on that resale... but before they tuned pally 2h damage on this server, I sure enjoyed slapping shit for dual 126s in the OT at level 35ish.

It was a sad day when the damage and connect rates began reminding me of my live experience =)

All I can say now is I <3 my Rod of Faith. Sick 1h for a pally. Just sick. It's almost like a GFG in one hand!

Aksiom2k
07-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Weapons I have on my 23 Pally:

Ghoulbane/Crested Mistmoore Shield
Sword of the Morning

Arbitor's Combine Greatsword
Nathsar Greatsword
Soulfire

Nathsar is cheap and good for lower levels till you get your damage cap increased. Now I use Arbitor's (also good and cheap) mostly and log out with my Soulfire equiped so I can look at it on character select.

Xadion
07-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Nathsar is great because its really low delay :-)

once you get into 35+ or whatever it is for the better 2h dmg table arbitors is awesome- once planar FA/FD