PDA

View Full Version : Back after a long while. Thinking about getting rid of it all and starting over.

AexDestroy
07-26-2012, 05:00 AM
Looking for some feedback. What would you do.

At the moment, I have

Fully geared mostly planar 52 erudite pal w/avenger and bunch of stuff.
Fully geared 44 gnome rogue
51 Stoned Elf mage with some basics for farming. Has 34 troll war on account.
50 Gnome necro with basics for farming
49 human SK, w/ Guise, cloak, full planar minus 1x bracer and helm and some other no drops.
34 wizard with some no drops.

But... Im not really all that amped about any of these toons. Maybe thinking about selling everything off and starting fresh. What would you do?

Anesthia
07-26-2012, 05:21 AM
1st world problems.

DeadL
07-26-2012, 05:38 AM
keep the characters as they are for a bit.

try something new like swarm kiting a bard from lvl 2 or 18 and up or something.

webrunner5
07-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Just start a few new toons. I have deleted a few of mine at like level 30 ish and regretted the hell out of it. You have way too much work in what you have just to start over on a Bard and say you don't like them.

azxten
07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
I sold off all my characters and gear and started over. Having a lot of fun so far. Honestly the high end game sucks balls on this server. Also, for me it's more about the journey than the destination. I've realized I like leveling up, grouping with new people, etc and I get a lot of less of that at higher levels. I have way more fun crushing newb mobs in places like Unrest and Sol A with uber twinked characters than I have doing "the grind" 50+.

Valiant
07-26-2012, 08:41 AM
I sold off all my characters and gear and started over. Having a lot of fun so far. Honestly the high end game sucks balls on this server. Also, for me it's more about the journey than the destination. I've realized I like leveling up, grouping with new people, etc and I get a lot of less of that at higher levels. I have way more fun crushing newb mobs in places like Unrest and Sol A with uber twinked characters than I have doing "the grind" 50+.

totally agree 100 %

lawll
07-26-2012, 09:01 AM
A lot of rmt happened.

acid_reflux
07-26-2012, 09:05 AM

This^

Im a perpetual noob. I just shuffle my gear around and trade stuff around when the game starts to suck.

Ryba
07-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Liquidate everything else and go all out on the sk. You will have a good Velious exploring character who can get groups. Make whatever alt you want to keep it interesting.

Sirbanmelotz
07-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Sell your sk human w/ guise acct (for plat). Should get a hefty sum for him. Then pimp out a toon u want to play

Asher
07-26-2012, 01:51 PM
1st world problems.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BXM-POdOqQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

toddfx
07-26-2012, 01:58 PM
To me, "getting rid of it all" sounds more like starting at level one with zero plat.

Now THAT'S true classic.

AimAce
07-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Starting with 0 gold as almost any class is terrible with the exception of the soloers lol. If you ever try to play a warrior with 0 gear, you are going to quit EQ and never come back

Raavak
07-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I dunno, any of those sound like fun to play. The pally and SK will be tons of fun in Velious.

AexDestroy
07-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Ok so like... SK, or Paladin, or Paladin and Rogue (they on same account)?

Pal and rogue are already geared and groupable. Id need to do a small amount of transfers and maybe upgrades for the SK since its been so long.

Now... SK or Pal main for velious...? Back in the day during velious I played a dwarf paladin and that was lots of fun.

Mattise
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Honestly the high end game sucks balls on this server

As a new player this concerns me, can anyone tell me whats going on at the high end that makes them think this?

Sirken
07-26-2012, 07:07 PM
As a new player this concerns me, can anyone tell me whats going on at the high end that makes them think this?

its just his personal preference/play style. read his entire post..

if u enjoy raiding and competing for mobs, then you will enjoy end game on this server. if you are more about the journey than the destination, then obviously you would enjoy the journey more.

<3

Asher
07-26-2012, 07:55 PM
if u enjoy raiding and competing for mobs, then you will enjoy end game on this server.

I guess that depends on what you consider competing for mobs. I think there is only one guild that enjoys this "competition".

Asher

Calabee
07-27-2012, 10:40 AM
welcome back bong~

Lagaidh
07-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Ok so like... SK, or Paladin, or Paladin and Rogue (they on same account)?

Pal and rogue are already geared and groupable. Id need to do a small amount of transfers and maybe upgrades for the SK since its been so long.

Now... SK or Pal main for velious...? Back in the day during velious I played a dwarf paladin and that was lots of fun.

There is nothing more divine than a dwarven paladin. Your course is set. Bork foo pah ahead!

Lagaidh
07-27-2012, 10:53 AM
its just his personal preference/play style. read his entire post..

if u enjoy raiding and competing for mobs, then you will enjoy end game on this server. if you are more about the journey than the destination, then obviously you would enjoy the journey more.

<3

I gotta say, your statement is also opinion and no more valid or invalid.

You know there are serious cons to the raid scene on this server for many different types of players. I'm not personally invested in that scene, but I'd hate to give any impression to somebody that is looking towards raiding that in the current environment, there are no problems unrelated to playing preference.

Do folks truly prefer batphoning as a play style, or is it a means to an end? (Just curious, as I've said, I have no eyes on the big raid scene as of now. Wouldn't mind some smaller nostalgia runs- never did Nagafen in live.)

My post is also opinion, and as such is no more valid or invalid than a balloon inflated with the bacterial outgassing of fetid bologne.

runlvlzero
07-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Yeah I can be prone to do this... but its nice to have a banked char at mid-higher levels with decent gear so you can farm items or just grind plat, or take a break if you don't like your new alt so much.

Depending on what class you wanna try you may only need weapons or spells. Tank chars are the toughest as they need decent gear to take hits for the group and weapons are irrelevent on hybrids unless soloing P

P.S. Rangers don't count but they fall under "needing decent weapons only" for group play.