PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to solo a warrior...

AexDestroy
07-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I remember doing it back in the day after luclin to at least like 44, but that was with insane twink from velious and beyond.

Can it be done now? Fungi, fat haste, big bow, nice weapons, etc... What do you think specific needs would be to accomplish it?

Supaskillz
07-26-2012, 03:50 PM
you can solo to 50, and even beyond if you are patient with a fungi and bandages and good weapons, fighting mobs which are barely darkblue or lightblue

Ele
07-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Bag full of shaman DS potions

RahlaeRuffian
07-26-2012, 04:46 PM
I was able to solo up to 30 or so here with a staff of battle, a crafted suit, and some hp stuff. After that, there was much better experience to be had in groups. I do recall soloing up to around 53ish during Velious on live but my gear was much better.

Futor
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
i know a war who soloed up to 60 at the giant fort with out a fungi, ds pots, snare whip, and slow hammer are most important. also lots of bandaids

Snagglepuss
07-27-2012, 02:05 AM
I remember trying to solo in Great Divide on my warrior. I could barely kill the LB Frost Giant Scout and wolves as a 40 something warrior. I would get so frustrated! It never occurred to me that I really shouldn't be soloing.

I think I found I could solo those bats and goo blobs in Thurgadin.

tekniq
07-27-2012, 09:12 AM
probably about 500k.

KentalCowtipper
07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
When I was unable to find a group on Kental I easily soloed at 59 for pretty decent xp in KC. What you need is a Fungi Tunic, Snare Whip, Truncheon of Doom, good haste and 2 bloodpoints. First proc ToD (50% slow - and at 33/44 isnt bad dmg); then put snare whip MH (b/c its proc rate is shite) and a bloodpoint offhand. Once Snare whip procs (if it even does for that mob) swap out the snare whip for a bloodpoint MH. Once the mob is ToD slowed with a Fungi on and wielding 2 bloodpoints you can mitigate all of the dmg.

runlvlzero
07-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Once in classic i ran into a 30 warrior soloing tentacle terrors in najena, they seemed to be doing pretty well, no crazy gear, just crafted at least. He said they conned light blue and he could take them out at 50% hp. He was a troll. Iksars can solo from 1-20 in almost no gear if you are patient. Banded and some decent dps weapons are handy.

Another story of a war in velious with a weighted two handed axe or something with rediculous dmg/slow delay, thinking 30/50 or something like that and he would just joust the walrus's to death. It can be done if clever and patient, not worth it when you can find a solid group who likes you )

theaetatus
07-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Why would you want to solo as a warrior when there are plenty of groups out there, except as some sort of masochistic exercise? (Barring huge twinking, naturally...)

hedbonker
07-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I soloed my war on live as well. Key items were COF, Fungi, earthshaker and bloodpoints for a heal. Used to solo LDC and BnB in SolB with that stuff.