PDA

View Full Version : AoE's ??? =(

Saltinecracker
07-31-2012, 04:47 PM
So, I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but AoE's aren't working like I remember. Others that I play with (friends and family) are also saying the same thing. I might just be missing something. It seems to be working more on Wizards. Of course, that is prob because that Wizzys use more AoEs. Anyway, I had 2 friends try to see what they though. A 42 mage was using its AoE on an orc pawn in EC. It was the highest AoE he had just so people aren't like .. errr did you use the low level one. Anyway, the orc pawn resisted all 3 waves. It took 4 different tries to piss him off enough to use his DD. Every wave of the AoE was resisted. (We did this process with 4 different critters. They were all level 5 and below.) My other friend has a level 20 Wizard. He was always grouping and only DD'd. I got him to do the same thing and came out with the same conclusion.

Have I missed something. Did the resists of all the mobs get boosted? Did I miss something?

Any information is greatly appreciated.:confused:

Saltinecracker
08-01-2012, 06:06 PM
really. . no one else is having this problem?

Tycko
08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
If what you say is true, you should probably collect detailed information and submit a bug report. What your saying sounds like it is a bug.

Atmas
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Are you talking specifically about rain? PBAoEs and targeted AoEs worked fine on my wiz. Rains on this server seem to get resisted excessively. I know on live it was fairly common for even level mobs to resist a wave but here the code seems to really favor resists with rain.

Sirbanmelotz
08-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Dude that's cuz Orc pawns have max all resists

packmuleforlife
08-02-2012, 11:10 PM
I agree, I used my target AE rain quite a few times, usually on LB and DB and it never landed all 3. Used it on a couple greens before and same deal.

MegamanXZOBMV
08-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I never use my AoE Rains on my Mage... they very, very rarely hit with even one wave... even on mobs far below my level.
And my mage isn't all that high-level either, so the mobs I tested it on were virtually newbie zone material. Same deal.

Saltinecracker
08-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Well, it seems some others are having a similar problem. We have also found that different Necro DoT's and Mage DD's are hitting but not dealing damage to the target. Ill upload some pictures later when I have time and prob go ahead and submit a bug report. Just wanted to get more insight from others. It may all be becuase AoE's are easily resisted . .but I dont think an Orc Pawn should resist a lvl 40+ AoE.

Steam65641
08-04-2012, 09:36 AM
My mage's rain NEVER rains..I've never seen it hit more than one time.

giffas
08-08-2012, 08:24 PM
lvl 40 druid using lightning strike and i have random pulls that 2 of the four that im quading wont get hit regardless of how tight i keep the group together

Sularys
08-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Even on live rains were resisted alot. But here they seem to be resisted a majority of the time, I've had it happen to me quite a bit.

Steam65641
08-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Im not saying its getting resisted.. Im saying IT DONT RAIN.. It will hit all targets once.. than it quits.. Dont give me resisted message..

Valmari
08-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Rain resists seemed a lil off to me, I remember twisting allot of rains on giants in bot and only getting resisted once every few casts, rarely all 3 waves.

Rains can only hit 3 targets max, 1 target 3 times, 2 targets once each and one time extra on another, if theres a pet the pet will take a rain wave, if your there it will take a rain wave, so if your there and the orc is there it will hit the orc twice maybe and you once.

Messianic
08-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Rain resists seemed a lil off to me, I remember twisting allot of rains on giants in bot and only getting resisted once every few casts, rarely all 3 waves.

It's because they're coded to be classic here, and in classic they were highly resistable.

Classic rains = utterly worthless

giffas
08-09-2012, 06:11 AM
its just like steam said its not a resist issue beacause in that case i get a message. it just doesnt hit all targets

SwordNboard
08-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Rains are stationary. If the mobs leave the area from where they were first hit, they won't continue to be hit. At least that's what I remember from live classic.

Nirgon
08-09-2012, 09:56 AM
I was told to keep looking for that perfect server

Raavak
08-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Rains are stationary. If the mobs leave the area from where they were first hit, they won't continue to be hit. At least that's what I remember from live classic.

qft

If the mobs move away they won't get hit.

SwordNboard
08-09-2012, 12:43 PM
qft

If the mobs move away they won't get hit.

Re-re.