PDA

View Full Version : Hey! New to P99 Here!

Kyosai7
08-03-2012, 12:57 AM
So, yeah, I love EQ2, but I hate what EQ1 has become, and I wouldn't mind reliving some of my childhood! I'm 23, and I want to make an evil character, based around melee, but not 100% sure what to make!

I'm leaning on either Troll/Ogre SK or maybe Iksar or Dark Elf... Choices, choices...

Boilon
08-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Welcome to P99! Well I would make a character that YOU want to play :P something that will make you want to play more. Maybe decide what kind of role you want to play in a group (or if you want to play alone) that might help you decide on a character

Kyosai7
08-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Well, I like grouping, hate being FORCED to group. So, going off that, I think the Shadowknight would be a good class. Maybe Ranger, but no evil races can be ranger. Looking back, considering the popularity of characters like Drizzt, I'm surprised that Dark Elves can't be Rangers.

I forget, how easy/hard is it for an Ogre/Troll to get into Freeport? Gotta be close to dem Commonlands, lol. I know for a Dark Elf, it's a jump, skip and a hop as long as you avoid guards...

Also, with how artistic elves are, I'm REALLY Surprised dark elves can't be Bards...

Snagglepuss
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Welcome!

Iksar Monks are evil and can solo to an extent. They are always welcome in groups, and they make great duo / trio partners.

Kyosai7
08-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah. I just have a small lament that one of my favorite races, the Dark Elf, can't be some of the classes I want, lol. Oh well. Small complaint, all things considered :)