PDA

View Full Version : Hi from China.

ch0rny
08-05-2012, 03:46 AM
Hey, people. New to the site, and plan on joining y'all as soon as I get an internet connection in my apartment that does not drop every 2 minutes.

Are any members here non-USA residents? Hows the connection? I live in Dalian China...

Raddra
08-05-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm in Europe and its fine thus far.

nymphloa
08-05-2012, 06:27 AM
<--- eNgLaNd

ch0rny
08-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Greatest!

I'm hoping I can set up my own DSL line here. Right now I SHARE my connection with ALL the tenants of my gorram building. I have to re-connect several times a minut at worst, and once every 5 minutes at best.

I play Bard btw. I played EQ from launch on through the first 7 years, then was off and on for another 3 years. I tried the most recent progression thing on Live servers and it was a hoot until it caught up with regular servers within a year. =(

Barnes
08-05-2012, 06:57 AM
How is the fallout from Japan?

Raddra
08-05-2012, 07:21 AM
I play Bard btw. I played EQ from launch on through the first 7 years, then was off and on for another 3 years. I tried the most recent progression thing on Live servers and it was a hoot until it caught up with regular servers within a year. =(

Yeah, this is why I never went to the progression servers.

I didn't want 'progression' I wanted classic without a timer until the PoP bombshell hit and killed the world setting. At least imo.

I don't know why they're so averse to just having a Kunark or Velious expansion capped server.

ch0rny
08-05-2012, 07:48 AM
How is the fallout from Japan?

I missed all that...I hope. I just moved here a month ago from down south in Hangzhou. Only fallout I've experienced came from eating spoiled mussels at the International Beer Festival that's in town this week. =)

ch0rny
08-05-2012, 07:51 AM

I didn't want 'progression' I wanted classic without a timer until the PoP bombshell hit and killed the world setting. At least imo.

I don't know why they're so averse to just having a Kunark or Velious expansion capped server.

You have no idea (or you might) how many times I've complained like an old man in Live by saying that PoP ruined the game. At least going to Luclin required a wait at a spire, or asking another player for a Port. PoP just said "Eff the travel economy and player interaction!"

I think they will not make a REAL effort at going classic because they would have to admit that the game went shite at a certain point.

Raddra
08-05-2012, 08:23 AM
You have no idea (or you might) how many times I've complained like an old man in Live by saying that PoP ruined the game. At least going to Luclin required a wait at a spire, or asking another player for a Port. PoP just said "Eff the travel economy and player interaction!"

I think they will not make a REAL effort at going classic because they would have to admit that the game went shite at a certain point.

Oh, I have complained in the exact manner as you. I was heavily involved with the game back in the day. PoP killed the game.

And yeah, they will never admit it. Its not until they have killed a game dead like SWG they admit it. (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/xlir0/iama_john_smedley_22_year_game_industry_veteran/c5ne58n)

They just never learn though.

Acrux Bcrux
08-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Damn your boy can swim, grats.

Apeople
08-05-2012, 09:52 AM
PoP may have ruined travel and such, but the raids were still fun :X

Casualties
08-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I live in shanghai last year. You need to play while connected to a US VPN or you will have a lot of trouble staying connected.

bizzum
08-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I was in Japan for two years up until last month. Played fine, with a little higher latency, but still good!

formallydickman
08-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I was in Japan for two years up until last month. Played fine, with a little higher latency, but still good!

I live in shanghai last year. You need to play while connected to a US VPN or you will have a lot of trouble staying connected.

Yeah you can expect a few more hoops to jump through and a bit more lag for living in China than the rest of Asia.

Jeffari
08-05-2012, 02:00 PM

Yeah for reals. That in my opinion is the best era of everquest. And you know if the super ownage uber ass guilds get too tired with their mains and shit they could like, as a guild start fresh maybe with a brand new guild but all original members and just do it all over again haha.