PDA

View Full Version : A mammoth sized problem

Talgurin
08-10-2012, 11:55 PM
I just noticed for the first time that wooly mammoths are KOS on p99, or they just really hate Barbarian shamans.

I am about 90% sure that mammoths were non-KOS on live...

The issue is that in addition to being KOS, it seems the tundra guards are indifferent about mammoths attacking...

My level 9 shaman was attacked by a wooly mammoth. After realizing the guards didn't care, I had to run it all the way to Halas, where it proceeded to wreak havoc and destruction on newbie barbs, before Halas guards finally took it down.

One other minor aggro point that is different from classic live is decaying skeletons. Oddly, back on live decays were /con ready to attack, but were completely non-aggro. On p99, they'll attack everyone on sight.

Just minor nitpicks that I figured would be useful if I brought up...

Gwaran
08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
was it a tainted or corrupted? normal ones seem fine to me, but im druid.

Cippofra
08-11-2012, 04:00 AM
decaying skeletons were always kos

whippetofspades
08-11-2012, 04:29 AM
+1 for amazing title

Clark
08-11-2012, 04:37 AM
+1 for amazing title

lol agreed

Talgurin
08-11-2012, 05:29 AM
was it a tainted or corrupted? normal ones seem fine to me, but im druid.

they're also non KOS to my druid which was always my main, didn't realize they were threatening until I brought new characters to Everfrost.

edit: and it's not tainted, it was both adult woolies and wooly calves that conned threatening tonight.

Llabak
08-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Agreed. I remember back on live that the mammoths were non-kos though they had a wide social agro. This should go into the bugs forum though.

Maze513
08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
LOL Try walking threw Perma, def not classic.

k2summit
08-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I ran through the tundra yesterday on a barb shaman and noticed this as well. They were threataning not full kos though.

Nubben
08-11-2012, 11:14 AM

I seem to remember that regular decaying skeletons in newbie zones were indifferent. Regular skeletons and all other undead are always kos, but I think the only zone where decaying skellies would attack was Field of Bone. I never spent much time in Everfrost so can't add much as far as the mammoths go.

Danyelle
08-11-2012, 11:59 AM

Negative

Tuffpuppy
08-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Negative

100% sure the ones outside Kelethin were. Started on prexus right day it went live and my first memory was getting jumped by, and dying to a decaying skeleton while fighting a wasp.

Mylozen
08-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Decaying skeletons were definitely not always kos. I do remember the ones in field of bones being kos, but the ones in the 1-4 areas definitely were not. However, it really isn't that big of a deal as even at level 1 they aren't an issue. The mammoths were also definitely not kos in classic and the fact that they are now makes the tundra an extremely dangerous place to level(it is already dangerous enough with bears, cats, orcs and skeletons).

Bodeanicus
08-11-2012, 01:00 PM
they're also non KOS to my druid which was always my main, didn't realize they were threatening until I brought new characters to Everfrost.

edit: and it's not tainted, it was both adult woolies and wooly calves that conned threatening tonight.

Almost all normal (non tainted, not rabid, etc.) animals won't attack druids. It's a class perk. Big cats will, can't remember which others.

RahlaeRuffian
08-11-2012, 03:42 PM
You gotta get pretty close up on them to get agro, even though they are threatening. My quarrel is that I thought there were more of the big mammoths on live roaming about the tundra than there is here.

Spitty
08-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Decaying skeletons were not KoS in classic EQ.

The danger of getting too comfortable with that fact in Everfrost was the vengeful mobs were KoS and indistinguishable from the decaying skeletons until they beat your ass.

Danyelle
08-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Decaying skeletons were not KoS in classic EQ.

The danger of getting too comfortable with that fact in Everfrost was the vengeful mobs were KoS and indistinguishable from the decaying skeletons until they beat your ass.

^^^

Also there are elvish skeletons iirc that ARE KoS that roam near Kelethin. These may be what killed you.

Regular decays are non-kos. Still aren't. Nektulos MAY have been the one exception but I can't remember for sure.

Droxx
08-11-2012, 10:03 PM
i thought this thread was about the daily blue crash

Lagaidh
08-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Sol A agro is also different from my memory. Green cons 30 levels below you simply did not agro on site. You had to sit to agro them (or attack).

LiQuid
08-11-2012, 10:14 PM
+1 classic decaying skellies weren't KOS.

Also +1 P99 Sol A and Perma SUCK.

Sundawg
08-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Mammoths will no longer be KOS.

Fixed, pending update.

webrunner5
08-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Nice, thanks.