PDA

View Full Version : 15 Questions!

ccs88
08-11-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm getting about 10 friends started on P'99 at an upcoming LAN/EQ training session and I just need clarification on some things, because... it's been a decade :)

The wiki did answer many questions, but I still wonder about the following (default UI):

1. Do chat channels exist in P'99? If so, how do you create/join one?
2. How do you display the last thing/things you typed in chat?
3. Evolving Items, Shroud Progression, Radiant/Ebon Crystals/Reclaim button, AA points, and Dye are not used in P'99, correct?
4. In the action window, what does the Find button do? Is it the same as Forage?
5. In display options, how does Near Clip work for particles?
6. In mouse options, what is Look Spring?
7. In display options, what is LOD Bias?
8. Are target rings broken?
9. In display options (advanced), what does the Dynamic Sky Reflection size change?
10. In general options, what does Allow Context Menus do?
11. In the skills window, is the Make Hotkey button not used in P'99?
12. How does binding work in P'99? Is it called binding? Can you bind anywhere? Who can bind?
13. Where can I find a chart with class/race experience gains/penalties?
14. Is there any way to save/apply the same UI layout on multiple characters?
15. Is there any way to keep track of quests short of pen-and-paper?

Thanks beforehand :o
GREY = ANSWERED

Formerly
Devinair/Drathos/Drako/Wrathiel/Gyron/Linarka/Taioron
of Innoruuk

Llabak
08-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm getting about 10 friends started on P'99 at an upcoming LAN/EQ training session and I just need clarification on some things, because... it's been a decade :)

The wiki did answer many questions, but I still wonder about the following (default UI):

1. Do chat channels exist in P'99? If so, how do you create/join one?

No

2. How do you display the last thing/things you typed in chat?

shift + up

3. Evolving Items, Shroud Progression, Radiant/Ebon Crystals/Reclaim button, AA
points, and Dye are not used in P'99, correct?

Correct

4. In the action window, what does the Find button do? Is it the same as Forage?

Disabled

7. In display options, what is LOD Bias?
8. Are target rings broken?

Not broken, disabled.

9. In display options (advanced), what does the Dynamic Sky Reflection size change?
11. In the skills window, is the Make Hotkey button not used in P'99?
12. How does binding work in P'99? Is it called binding? Can you bind anywhere? Who can bind?

Melees in city zones and all of gfay.
Casters anywhere they want except for Timorous Deep

Thanks beforehand :o

Formerly
Devinair/Drathos/Drako/Wrathiel/Gyron/Linarka/Taioron
of Innoruuk

Nordenwatch
08-11-2012, 06:44 PM
you may seriously want to look into some IP exemptions for a 10-person lan party

ccs88
08-11-2012, 06:52 PM
you may seriously want to look into some IP exemptions for a 10-person lan party

Way ahead of you :p

Tarathiel
08-11-2012, 07:54 PM
this sounds like a blast, hope u guys stick it out after the party!

AimAce
08-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Lol 10 lvl 1s running around...this is going to be the worst best party of all time.

oldhead
08-11-2012, 10:51 PM
i envy you.

I would love to have like a 10 man lan party every weekend for 6-8 hours.

That would be the perfect way to play

Kevynne
08-11-2012, 11:01 PM
i envy you.

I would love to have like a 10 man lan party every weekend for 6-8 hours.

That would be the perfect way to play

ya that would be pretty fucking sweet

mwatt
08-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Just get in there and play IMO. The answers to half of your esoteric questions don't even matter.

Anesthia
08-12-2012, 12:22 AM

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Sortable_Race_Class_Matrix

Navigate to your main Everquest directory. Take the character name whose UI you have already set up. Find UI_CharacterName_project1999.ini. Copy-paste this file and replace CharacterName with the name of the character who will inherit these UI settings.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php?search=quest&ns0=1&title=Special%3ASearch&fulltext=Search&fulltext=Search

The wiki contains information on quests submitted by users. You're expected to do some amount of work rather than relying on a quest log, so you may need to use a pen and some paper.

Kevynne
08-12-2012, 01:00 AM
#11 has been answered ;p

ccs88
08-12-2012, 01:46 AM
#11 has been answered ;p

It has? :confused:

Kevynne
08-12-2012, 07:44 AM
ya when i had msged you i answered it :)

Vermicelli
08-12-2012, 12:50 PM

5. Near Clip for particles tells the client how near you it should render spell or other graphic particles such as waterfalls. A funny thing when I first came to Velious on Live: I had my particles set way low because my computer sucked, and the game was not displaying the waterfall that hides the entrance to Thurgadin, so it was no surprise to me to find it.
6: Look spring will return your view to the center of the screen when you let off the right-click-and-hold mouselook.
7: "Allow context menus" lets you right-click on the chat window text entry box to set your default chat channel and what chat items are filtered into which window. It would also allow you to right-click your spellbook to create spellsets on Live, but that is disabled on P99.

I hate to say it, but with some of stuff you're asking, are you really ready to lead 10 other people into a difficult game world?

wasp23
08-12-2012, 01:14 PM
just play already.

norova
08-12-2012, 01:26 PM
If you don't feel like answering these questions, don't, but also leave your useless comments to yourself. You're not contributing to the thread and are spreading a negative attitude to new players. That's stupid, so stop it.

Yardcore
08-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Hey, welcome and good luck! I wish I have 10 RL friends that want to play EQ, hell even 1 :)

If you need me to port you and your friend anywhere, look me up!

ccs88
08-13-2012, 08:03 PM
ya when i had msged you i answered it :)

Duh! Haha thanks X)

I hate to say it, but with some of stuff you're asking, are you really ready to lead 10 other people into a difficult game world?

I mean, I have a general idea and I can guess what things do, but if I'm going to ask 5 hard questions why not confirm my ideas on other things? That's what the idea was. Thanks for knocking out 3!

If you don't feel like answering these questions, don't, but also leave your useless comments to yourself. You're not contributing to the thread and are spreading a negative attitude to new players. That's stupid, so stop it.
Hey, welcome and good luck! I wish I have 10 RL friends that want to play EQ, hell even 1 :)

If you need me to port you and your friend anywhere, look me up!

Thank you, sirs. I appreciate all the help, some people don't understand fulltime/overtime jobs, do they? :)

Kevynne
08-14-2012, 01:26 AM
lol fail xD most welcome.
hmu ingame sometime