PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation of Skullcap Quest Item Existing in P99?

Manticmuse
08-13-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm hoping to gain some clarity regarding the final Iksar Necro Skullcap Quest, #8. Quoting the p99 wiki: Necromancer 8th Rank

The final Skullcap in the questline. Go talk with an Iksar hermit (located in a cave just before you zone into the LoIO from West Cabilis). He tells you he is looking for a great sorcerer and hands you a flaxen hilt with some slots in it. He then tells you what to put into those slots.

The items you need are: Flaxen Lock of Hair (drops from Chief RokGus in Frontier Mountains), a Yellow Whip (drops from a wulfware lonewolf in the Dreadlands near the FV zoneline), Large Tassel Bookmark (reward from The Tome Raider quest in Kaesora.

Combine these items to receive a new Flaxen Hilt and return to the Iksar hermit. Hand him the hilt and he will give you a Barbed Scale whip. Give him the whip and your skullcap and receive your Necromancer Skullcap.
------------------------------------------------------
What I'm confused about is the flaxen lock of hair that supposedly drops off Rokgus. It's not listed under his loot table, and none of the many people I have talked to that camp him have even seen it. So the real question is...can anyone confirm a drop of the flaxen lock of hair?

Thanks,

Mantic

Shamen
08-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Im pretty sure that the last implemented quest in this line is quest #5. 7+ were added with Luclin, Im not sure about #6 .... might be Luclin too, but maybe it is Velious? Idk

Ele
08-14-2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=693556

koros
08-14-2012, 10:19 AM
During Kunark on live, the yellow whip and the flaxen lock of hair did drop. However, the large tassel bookmark quest was never solved until at least luclin I believe.

It appears all the parts of it were in place since kunark launched, and the lore/feel of the quest, along with the stats fits with the Kunark timeline.

I guess this would be a judgement call on the devs.

Ele
08-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Not really a judgement call as much as being lazy and being able to say "Well it wasn't in until after this server's timeline, so it's not classic" and use that as an excuse.

Though, from how nilbog seems to be approaching the shawl quests in Velious, I would highly doubt that the team here would leave entire questlines like this unfinished, just because Verant didn't get to it until some undetermined date.

What?

7 shawls were available pre-Luclin. So the one with Flowing Thought I will be available.