PDA

View Full Version : Returning Player, Question about Atmosphere

seannabeast
08-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Hey all,

I just downloaded and played EQ Live yesterday for the first time in years and am not a huge fan at all. It reminds me a lot of EQII and WoW in the sense of following a main quest line and such. However, when I went to enjoy some of my nostalgic leveling sites I was disappointed to not find a single soul around.

So my question is: How is the atmosphere in project 1999 server? Say I go to some of the low level leveling sites like my favorite Crushbone, am I going to find other people to potentially group with or will I find myself in a desolate area with no one but orcs to talk to?

Thanks,
seannabeast

SwordNboard
08-16-2012, 01:42 PM
You will be pleased. Join us.

djstaid
08-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Last time I was in Crushbone (two days ago I think) there were 18 people in there with at least 20 people or so in Gfay. Unrest is busy from what I have heard. That is all I have had experience with so far.

seannabeast
08-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys! See you soon, however it looks like I have to reinstall everquest because p99 wont work if I patched eq, which I obviously did playing live yesterday.

Thanks again!

lawll
08-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Not much grouping that I have seen on p99 after level 20 untill 50. EQmac seems better with grouping at that level range but than again the raiding scene isn't as e-peen.

subatis
08-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Crushbone is probably the 2nd most populated newbie dungeon/area, after EC and its surroundings. There were usually at least 10-15 people in there when I was leveling my mage, saw 25-30 a couple times. I was impressed!

Blackburrow on the other hand, I have had all to myself on a handful of occasions :(

Vicatin
08-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Not much grouping that I have seen on p99 after level 20 untill 50. EQmac seems better with grouping at that level range but than again the raiding scene isn't as e-peen.

???

Plenty of grouping 20-50.

Splorf22
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
The server population was down quite a bit in May/June but it has recovered substantially. There are quite a few new players as well; my twink monk spends most of his time grouping with 'Flawless Victory' which is composed mostly of new players.

That said the server is still top heavy as it has been out for some years so most of the action is at 50+. The best zones for grouping are Crushbone, Oasis, Unrest, Mistmoore, The Overthere, and Sol B which usually have several groups during US play hours. Don't expect to find anyone at a place like Splitpaw unless you bring them yourself.

djstaid
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
I have seen lots of conflicting reports on grouping and etc... best thing to do is join a guild, get to know people and make friends with someone who can port. :) At the very least you could hit up some of the zones in your level range to see where the population is at.

Coriolis
08-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I literally did 20-44 this past two weeks (in between internship and start of the new semester so I have a ridiculous amount of free time) and I've had groups every level at all hours of the day. Just gotta put out feelers and ask around, always something going on somewhere.

Oh yea and level up to 20 and join us in Flawless Victory, bunch of mid-range guys all leveling up at the moment, so that helps a ton for finding groups.

Agecroft
08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
There's lot of grouping here. EQMac is deadsville.

Raavak
08-16-2012, 03:01 PM
The best zones for grouping are Crushbone, Oasis, Unrest, Mistmoore, The Overthere, and Sol B which usually have several groups during US play hours.
East Commonlands orc groups. Sometimes NRo derv groups.

Striiker
08-17-2012, 12:12 PM
There are a lot of groups to be had at all levels. You can't always sit back and hope to have people contact you to join their group. Sometimes you need to take the initiative.
Put up LFG.
/who all lfg x y (x y = level range)
/tell person1 <invite to group> etc.

Sometimes you don't get the "ideal" group composition but that is a good thing as you get to enjoy some challenges.

The server is a great place to experience all of the old EQ zones.