PDA

View Full Version : character names

Alienorg
05-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Well i'm been playing on 1999 server for about a month now, and i'm baffled at the character names i see all over the server. I know there isn't a name filter when making a character and gm's dont do anything when seeing almost any name characters have. but if we want this to be classic (and a little more civilized) if there were some standards on what your character name could be.
I mean who wants to group with "ipoopalot" or "Twink" or any # of names that would never have passed on a live server.
I'm ranting alittle but would like to know what others think about this.

Cyrius
05-25-2010, 02:07 AM
gm's dont do anything when seeing almost any name characters have.

You are quite wrong with that statement. I changed many ... many names already. I can not be everywhere. I also need to rely on the population to report abusive names via /petition.

I am quite behind this name issue.

eqdruid76
05-25-2010, 02:11 AM
You're absolutely right, there's not a single wood elf ranger online right now named Legolias, Laegolas, Legolass, or any variation thereof. That is entirely unacceptable.

Ihealyou
05-25-2010, 02:29 AM
You broke my heart when you changed my name Cyrius =(

Alienorg
05-25-2010, 02:56 AM
You are quite wrong with that statement. I changed many ... many names already. I can not be everywhere. I also need to rely on the population to report abusive names via /petition.

its not sure abusive names its just names that aren't names like "imightheal" for example it not something that would offend anyone but it really isn't a name and i don't think it should be , but that might just be me. I want to see really names i mean you can be quite inventive with your name but don't make it an object or a sentence or mean something totally inaproperate, i know even in the real world we got people naming their kids things like flower, apple, and crap like that but his is a fantasy world game and we should have "taxi" or "Smoke", "hits", "glitch", "fatboy", "President" ..... and so on and so on.

PS: I just did a who all an picked random names, no offense to anyone

Uaellaen
05-25-2010, 03:07 AM
I kind of agree on those names =/ i would preffer roleplay names too ...

Pheer
05-25-2010, 03:29 AM
its not sure abusive names its just names that aren't names like "imightheal" for example it not something that would offend anyone but it really isn't a name and i don't think it should be , but that might just be me. I want to see really names i mean you can be quite inventive with your name but don't make it an object or a sentence or mean something totally inaproperate, i know even in the real world we got people naming their kids things like flower, apple, and crap like that but his is a fantasy world game and we should have "taxi" or "Smoke", "hits", "glitch", "fatboy", "President" ..... and so on and so on.

PS: I just did a who all an picked random names, no offense to anyone

thank god we have you to tell us whether our names are suitable or not

not everyone wants to use a name that sounds like a tolkein character, and frankly i dont think preserving your immersion should be anybody else's problem.

Sure if theyve got an offensive name by all means nerf it but just cause you can find it in the dictionary doesnt mean we shouldnt be allowed to use it as a name.

I kind of agree on those names =/ i would preffer roleplay names too ...

I bet you do, randomly_generated_fantasy_name_01

Asun
05-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Having a randomly_generated_fantasy_name_01 isn't the issue here, it's people having a distinct lack of imagination by using names such as:

Kellycurtis
Maxitaxi
Miragul
Metatron
Grenade
Kickass
Misterbob
Hotpockets

and so on

(as original poster, I just did a random /w all)

Uaellaen
05-25-2010, 03:52 AM
I bet you do, randomly_generated_fantasy_name_01

Lol, i wonder why you try to pick a fight with me in every thread, when you know you will always loose to my superior intellect.

eqdruid76
05-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Lol, i wonder why you try to pick a fight with me in every thread, when you know you will always loose to my superior intellect.

Quoting before you edit. Classic. :P

Uaellaen
05-25-2010, 04:31 AM
Not my native language =D hur hur

Glitch
05-25-2010, 05:21 AM
, "glitch",

Fight me IRL.

Pheer
05-25-2010, 06:02 AM

Every thread? Are you retarded? I don't recall ever 'picking a fight' with you.

Mleh
05-25-2010, 06:11 AM
I agree theres alot of names out there that make me think "really?" but as there is no terms of name creation, players should be free to be anything non offensive.

Tseng
05-25-2010, 06:15 AM
I don't name my characters that way, but seriously, you're complaining about this? Really? My immediate reaction is "get a f***ing life"

kariden
05-25-2010, 06:37 AM
why should I not be allowed to use a common name from a Old English dictionary?
I am willing to bet in the 1200's you could have found a few Kings men of lofty position named James or John or Tucker.
I always felt it was retarded I couldn't use something like "Johnathan York" on a Human Warrior and instead had to open up a fantasy book and browse it for a name "suitable" for the damn filter.

karsten
05-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Well i'm been playing on 1999 server for about a month now, and i'm baffled at the character names i see all over the server. I know there isn't a name filter when making a character and gm's dont do anything when seeing almost any name characters have. but if we want this to be classic (and a little more civilized) if there were some standards on what your character name could be.
I mean who wants to group with "ipoopalot" or "Twink" or any # of names that would never have passed on a live server.
I'm ranting alittle but would like to know what others think about this.

http://i50.tinypic.com/9vckfn.jpg

loganhxh
05-25-2010, 07:37 AM
honestly i wouldn't mind it if something like that was implemented. but only if it would make the volunteer gm's job easier by not having to correct names as frequently.

the gm's/devs are giving their time to improve on this already awesome achievement (imo) and i'd rather they either get some time to play themselves or if they were to work on the game, fix something in-game that is a benefit to all.

because a name is just a name in the end, players actions define them far more than a name ever will.

on a side note, may whoever petitioned my troll warr Klobberin Dapridybirdy and got my surname removed back in the day (pre luclin) may burn in hell :D

an offensive name, petition it and dont give it another thought. a name that is simply funny... just pull the stick out already :p

Micer
05-25-2010, 08:11 AM
There are a few terrible names here and there. But glitch? Seriously? There is a glitch on every server I've ever played on.

karsten
05-25-2010, 08:12 AM
there's an ipoopalot on every server i've ever played on

also,

the gm's/devs are giving their time to improve on this already awesome achievement (imo) and i'd rather they either get some time to play themselves or if they were to work on the game, fix something in-game that is a benefit to all.

mitic
05-25-2010, 08:14 AM
if id have those problems irl as the OP of this thread has, then i wouldnt have problems at all.

Thrymm
05-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I seen a corpse of Phucks today, I chuckled as I ran by.

JaVeDK
05-25-2010, 08:51 AM
I agree to a certain extend with the OP. Seen several idiotic names around that frankly pisses me off, like Buttseks - wth?

Akame
05-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Random character names? All I want to know is has anyone seen Imhoteph?

Dantes
05-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Don't forget all the weed names. Yes, some folks on the server smoke weed, good for you. Honestly who gives a shit it's practically legal in the US now - that's like having a name like Ieatredmeat or Idrinkwater. It's supposed to ENHANCE your imagination - so get really baked and come up with a better name than "Smokesweed."

BlackBellamy
05-25-2010, 11:04 AM
People who worry about or petition character names should have a hot poker shoved up in their anal cavity.

Oh it destroys the immersion SOOOOOO MUCH to see some weird name. It's so offensive to them personally that they're going to have a fucking hairy conniption about it.

You must have a really really small dick to petition someone over a name.

guineapig
05-25-2010, 11:09 AM
I love chuckling at the names I see on the server.

Sure, very often they are not in the spirit of a roleplaying game but I don't see too many people roleplaying on this server to begin with.

I would only ever report a name if it was blatantly trying to be offensive just to be offensive.

theblaz
05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
I agree that there are quite a few idiotic names on the server, and I wish they did not exist.. but, since there is nothing in place to stop them... not much can be said.

I generally prefer not to group with those type of characters named that way, as it would seem they are either a) really young/immature or b) could care less what happens if they grouped. This usually makes for a less than fun time when they do or say something retarded. (obviously this is not always the case, sometimes they turn out to be good players) But... sometimes there aren't enough people on, and you have to take what you can get.

So, with all that said, I think they only hurt their chances of being grouped with, and although some names are quite funny, some are just annoying and I just have to live with it.

Blaz

km2783
05-25-2010, 11:14 AM
I could only laugh at the Ogre (or was it Troll...) that ran by me in Oasis the other day in Rubicite named Redbull.

Then there is the Ogre SK named Tyranosaurus Rex. Awesome.

I can do without all the names like "Bonghit", etc, but I'm not going to report them. I'll even group with them if they're a good player. I'll just think their name is kinda dumb and move on with my life :)

The corpse of Bangbus was kinda funny, too.

Kuron
05-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Don't forget all the weed names..."

I have personally pissed my pants laughing at the Erudite Pally or SK I saw named "Bong Required".

I'm against stupid names, but some just hit me the right way and I can't help but laugh.

pickled_heretic
05-25-2010, 11:46 AM
This whole roleplaying stint you're on is silly. Nobody uses /rp to roleplay for instance, should GMs start enforcing that? There's nothing roleplaying about sitting at a camp for 6 hours while mobs magically appear out of nowhere and killing them for exp and phat lewts. We're all powergaming minmaxers and we don't care about roleplay. If you want a generic fantasy name go have fun with that but don't force your shit on me. I want to use my gamer handle.

Alienorg
05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
So i guess only 5% of the population on the forums care. And thats what i was looking for everyone else opinion on this.
ps: as a side note half of the people that posted in this tread should think before posting.
quote "Fight me IRL." , "Every thread? Are you retarded? I don't recall ever 'picking a fight' with you."
how about contributing to the topic and not just posting something to post something.

we and make this thread dead now and not post any more

JayDee
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM
I was Rexxbuttsexx on vztz

My finest eq achievement imo

Tallenn
05-25-2010, 03:46 PM
People that petition names for being "non-roleplaying" are insecure children. I can understand names that are actually offensive, and I'd even petition those, myself. Racist, obscene, or just plain disgusting names are one thing, but I will never report someone with a silly name. That's just -I don't know- childish. "I'm gonna tell on you!"

karsten
05-25-2010, 03:47 PM
ftw

ps OP is a has a character named bigfaggot

it's his main

twizztid
05-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Having a randomly_generated_fantasy_name_01 isn't the issue here, it's people having a distinct lack of imagination by using names such as:

Kellycurtis
Maxitaxi
Miragul
Metatron
Grenade
Kickass
Misterbob
Hotpockets

and so on

(as original poster, I just did a random /w all)

Well being the character Grenade, I picked it because I am a wizard, high explosive direct damage, and in the case of a grenade, sharapenal ( AE Nuke ) I don't just make names I actually think about my names, so when you say we have no imagination, think about your name. It's probably like Dentoramis or something, how is that imaginative. The random selector can give you that shit, that's not that imaginative.

karsten
05-25-2010, 04:56 PM
twizz man, you don't have to defend yourself against a butthurt boner, just tell him to take his angst to the mall instead of to the forums here and you'll be good to go man

Asun
05-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Well being the character Grenade, I picked it because I am a wizard, high explosive direct damage, and in the case of a grenade, sharapenal ( AE Nuke ) I don't just make names I actually think about my names, so when you say we have no imagination, think about your name. It's probably like Dentoramis or something, how is that imaginative. The random selector can give you that shit, that's not that imaginative.

Grenade, a very fantasy orientated name, well done. As far as my name goes, I have absolutely no clue what Dentoramis is, it seems the web doesn't either because I did a search for it and Asun is a hell of lot more "fantasy" than Grenade, thank you very much.

P.S. it's spelt Shrapnel.

twizztid
05-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Grenade, a very fantasy orientated name, well done. As far as my name goes, I have absolutely no clue what Dentoramis is, it seems the web doesn't either because I did a search for it and Asun is a hell of lot more "fantasy" than Grenade, thank you very much.

P.S. it's spelt Shrapnel.

Sorry I don't get all fantasy into it, I just like a name that resembles my character, hense; grenade. Dentoramis is a random name I made up, because it sounds all roleplay imaginative style that you are all creamy for. /golf clap for doing all this research though. I usually just play the game for the game, I don't get that into it, especially with the names, as it is a game I just like the game style, and don't get too gitty about petty little things such as what name someone chooses to give there cartoon character in a game. I have enough in my life that I don't need to QQ on internet about game names, that's just me though appereiently ><

P.S. Didn't really proofread or care really.

President
05-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Hope someone doesn't report me!

twizztid
05-25-2010, 05:55 PM
twizz man, you don't have to defend yourself against a butthurt boner, just tell him to take his angst to the mall instead of to the forums here and you'll be good to go man

Lol, I know I don't, it's not really in defense, as much as it is kind of getting people to clue in that this is a video game, an old one at that, and what ever you want to call your cartoon character, shouldn't be /wirst QQ'd about lol

Asun
05-25-2010, 05:55 PM
In that case it seems you do have some imagination, Dentoramis, well done.

P.S it's spelt hence
P.P.S it's spelt apparently

feanan
05-25-2010, 06:06 PM
since everyone is all worried about it being a classic server, i don't know why we don't have the classic server naming restrictions.

/shrug

i guess OOC bothered a lot of people, but my warrior Bigdick Inyourass is cool!

twizztid
05-25-2010, 06:19 PM

P.S it's spelt hence

Eye knw rite? I hav ahlot uv imainashun. nawt toew menshin tht i can spel rily guhd. ihts funny iv u re arrang ur nam, it iz spel'd anus. lol, anus. u hav an imaginashun with a subliminul sense uv notty humer.

Chucck
05-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Omg "I'M offended", "I know whats correct for everyone". Seriously this is whats wrong with people, i really hope you don't have kids or else that town is screwed. Because you don't approve of a name, or you find it offensive because it doesn't go with how you like things, other people should have to change? If the name isn't offensive(racist etc), and is just uncreative, stupid, or funny, leave the person alone, walk away, and don't deal with the person. Same thing in real life, turn the dial.

twizztid
05-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Omg "I'M offended", "I know whats correct for everyone". Seriously this is whats wrong with people, i really hope you don't have kids or else that town is screwed. Because you don't approve of a name, or you find it offensive because it doesn't go with how you like things, other people should have to change? If the name isn't offensive(racist etc), and is just uncreative, stupid, or funny, leave the person alone, walk away, and don't deal with the person. Same thing in real life, turn the dial.

^^ This

Stickyfingers
05-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Still doesn't detract from the fact that your names are still retarded.

jilena
05-25-2010, 11:52 PM
HI!!

nalkin
05-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Hmm, does this mean ima have to change my gnome warriors name?

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1150/rpnames.png (http://img688.imageshack.us/i/rpnames.png/)

Tseng
05-26-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm afraid so nalkin. Please delete it asap for the good of the server. Thank you kindly fair sire.

Cyrano
05-26-2010, 12:55 AM

P.S it's spelt hence

Nicely done.

P.S. It's spelled spelled.

fragmaster
05-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Nicely done.

P.S. It's spelled spelled.

It's either spelt or spelled. It really, really doesn't matter unless you are a die-hard American English user (boner) or a die-hard British English user (wanker).

twizztid
05-26-2010, 03:57 AM
It's either spelt or spelled. It really, really doesn't matter unless you are a die-hard American English user (boner) or a die-hard British English user (wanker).'

Which they both are, because they are correcting each other. The only difference is, Anus got /wrist cause I had a non RP name in his sense. so when I wrote back, all he could do is internet forum proofread because is cause was fail.

The other guy who corrected the Anus's spelling, was just showing that Anus is an idiot, because he was being spell corrected when clearly that was his only argument in the forum conversation.

Asun
05-26-2010, 05:19 AM
'

Which they both are, because they are correcting each other. The only difference is, Anus got /wrist cause I had a non RP name in his sense. so when I wrote back, all he could do is internet forum proofread because is cause was fail.

The other guy who corrected the Anus's spelling, was just showing that Anus is an idiot, because he was being spell corrected when clearly that was his only argument in the forum conversation.

I find it amusing that you have decided to lower yourself to name calling in a thread about fantasy names.

loganhxh
05-26-2010, 07:54 AM
because a name is just a name in the end, players actions define them far more than a name ever will.

like if people were to go back and forth bickering over who is more butthurt on a forum... for example

km2783
05-26-2010, 10:59 AM
If this was a specified RP server, RP names would be one thing. But it's not.

While EQ is an MMORPG, we all know that almost no one roleplayed on a non-roleplay server.

So, I say get over it, either /ignore the person if it bothers you that much, refuse to group with them, or whatever else you feel you need to do to enjoy your game.

Here is an idea. Form a Roleplaying guild and have a strict admittance policy on naming :) Play with these people almost exclusively. Mock the people with non-RP names in guildchat, or group chat, as you and yours have fun in EQ your way.

Malrubius
05-26-2010, 11:03 AM

Good to hear.

I've never petitioned a name, but glad a reporting mechanism is in-place. Understood that you have a lot of work ahead of you.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled flame war.

MrB
05-26-2010, 11:31 AM

So, don't group with them

Ignore list. Done

I think GM's have better things to do really.

twizztid
05-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I find it amusing that you have decided to lower yourself to name calling in a thread about fantasy names.

It's not name calling, your name is really similar to Anus, so I decided to call you that. I find it ammusing that you give a flying fuck about names in a cartoon game.

Lonedrahon25
05-26-2010, 05:22 PM
A good read.

Aeolwind
05-26-2010, 05:24 PM
I like sitting around invis and nuking peoples names as they run by. No idea what just happened...they just go LD and come back as Jabober or Lasakin.

Senadin
05-26-2010, 05:45 PM
I like sitting around invis and nuking peoples names as they run by. No idea what just happened...they just go LD and come back as Jabober or Lasakin.

If name didnt matter..... Nilbog would have made the comment that Aeolwind has in her sig....

I mean...just saying, what do i know?

Asun
05-26-2010, 05:50 PM
It's not name calling, your name is really similar to Anus, so I decided to call you that. I find it ammusing that you give a flying fuck about names in a cartoon game.

Such a limited vocabulary, you can't even retype a word I had already used with the correct spelling. By the way, by definition, the use of a name other than the correct one is name calling.

Aeolwind
05-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Aeolwind has in her sig....

/e looks down, I have boobs now! ( o Y o )

|,,|_ ( >< ) _|,,|

Senadin
05-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Sorry but Aeowind kinda sound like a girl name.....

Lol dont Ban me! HAHA :p

Dantes
05-26-2010, 06:15 PM
To many vowels in a row. Gets em every time.

km2783
05-26-2010, 06:49 PM

LOL so that explains the large number of "pet names" I've been seeing.

nilbog
05-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Oh the possibilities.

"Gabaner","Gabann","Gabantik","Gabarab","Gabarer","Gabarn","Gabartik",
"Gabekab","Gabeker","Gabekn","Gaber","Gabn","Gabobab","Gabobn","Gabtik",
"Ganer","Gann","Gantik","Garab","Garaner","Garann","Garantik","Gararn",
"Garekn","Garer","Garn","Gartik","Gasaner","Gasann","Gasantik","Gasarer",
"Gasartik","Gasekn","Gaser","Gebann","Gebantik","Gebarer","Gebarn","Gebartik",
"Gebeker","Gebekn","Gebn","Gekab","Geker","Gekn","Genaner","Genann","Genantik",
"Genarer","Genarn","Gener","Genn","Genobtik","Gibaner","Gibann","Gibantik",
"Gibarn","Gibartik","Gibekn","Giber","Gibn","Gibobtik","Gibtik","Gobaber",
"Gobaner","Gobann","Gobarn","Gobartik","Gober","Gobn","Gobober","Gobobn",
"Gobobtik","Gobtik","Gonaner","Gonann","Gonantik","Gonarab","Gonarer",
"Gonarn","Gonartik","Gonekab","Gonekn","Goner","Gonobtik","Gontik","Gotik",
"Jabaner","Jabann","Jabantik","Jabarab","Jabarer","Jabarn","Jabartik",
"Jabekab","Jabeker","Jabekn","Jaber","Jabn","Jabobtik","Jabtik","Janab",
"Janer","Jann","Jantik","Jarab","Jaranab","Jaraner","Jararer","Jararn",
"Jarartik","Jareker","Jarekn","Jarer","Jarn","Jarobn","Jarobtik","Jartik",
"Jasab","Jasaner","Jasantik","Jasarer","Jasartik","Jasekab","Jaseker",
"Jasekn","Jaser","Jasn","Jasobab","Jasober","Jastik","Jebanab","Jebann",
"Jebantik","Jebarab","Jebarar","Jebarer","Jebarn","Jebartik","Jebeker",
"Jebekn","Jeber","Jebobn","Jebtik","Jekab","Jeker","Jekn","Jenann",
"Jenantik","Jenarer","Jeneker","Jenekn","Jentik","Jibaner","Jibann",
"Jibantik","Jibarer","Jibarn","Jibartik","Jibeker","Jibn","Jibobn",
"Jibtik","Jobab","Jobaner","Jobann","Jobantik","Jobarn","Jobartik",
"Jobekab","Jobeker","Jober","Jobn","Jobtik","Jonanab","Jonaner",
"Jonann","Jonantik","Jonarer","Jonarn","Jonartik","Jonekab","Joneker",
"Jonekn","Joner","Jonn","Jonnarn","Jonober","Jonobn","Jonobtik","Jontik",
"Kabanab","Kabaner","Kabann","Kabantik","Kabarer","Kabarn","Kabartik",
"Kabeker","Kabekn","Kaber","Kabn","Kabober","Kabobn","Kabobtik","Kabtik",
"Kanab","Kaner","Kann","Kantik","Karab","Karanab","Karaner","Karann",
"Karantik","Kararer","Karartik","Kareker","Karer","Karn","Karobab","Karobn",
"Kartik","Kasaner","Kasann","Kasarer","Kasartik","Kaseker","Kasekn","Kaser",
"Kasn","Kasober","Kastik","Kebann","Kebantik","Kebarab","Kebartik","Kebeker",
"Kebekn","Kebn","Kebobab","Kebtik","Kekab","Keker","Kekn","Kenab","Kenaner",
"Kenantik","Kenarer","Kenarn","Keneker","Kener","Kenn","Kenobn","Kenobtik",
"Kentik","Kibab","Kibaner","Kibantik","Kibarn","Kibartik","Kibekab","Kibeker",
"Kibekn","Kibn","Kibobn","Kibobtik","Kobab","Kobanab","Kobaner","Kobann",
"Kobantik","Kobarer","Kobarn","Kobartik","Kobeker","Kobekn","Kober","Kobn",
"Kobober","Kobobn","Kobtik","Konanab","Konaner","Konann","Konantik","Konarab",
"Konarer","Konarn","Konekab","Koneker","Konekn","Koner","Konn","Konobn",
"Konobtik","Kontik","Labanab","Labaner","Labann","Labarab","Labarer",
"Labarn","Labartik","Labeker","Labekn","Laner","Lann","Larab","Larantik",
"Lararer","Lararn","Larartik","Lareker","Larer","Larn","Lartik","Lasaner",
"Lasann","Lasarer","Laseker","Laser","Lasik","Lasn","Lastik","Lebaner",
"Lebarer","Lebartik","Lebekn","Lebtik","Lekab","Lekn","Lenanab","Lenaner",
"Lenann","Lenartik","Lenekab","Leneker","Lenekn","Lentik","Libab","Libaner",
"Libann","Libantik","Libarer","Libarn","Libartik","Libeker","Libekn","Lobann",
"Lobarab","Lobarn","Lobartik","Lobekn","Lobn","Lobober","Lobobn","Lobtik",
"Lonaner","Lonann","Lonantik","Lonarab","Lonarer","Lonarn","Lonartik","Lonekn",
"Loner","Lonobtik","Lontik","Vabanab","Vabaner","Vabann","Vabantik","Vabarer",
"Vabarn","Vabartik","Vabeker","Vabekn","Vabtik","Vanikk","Vann","Varartik","Varn",
"Vartik","Vasann","Vasantik","Vasarab","Vasarer","Vaseker","Vebaner","Vebantik",
"Vebarab","Vebeker","Vebekn","Vebobn","Vekab","Veker","Venaner","Venantik","Venar",
"Venarn","Vener","Ventik","Vibann","Vibantik","Viber","Vibobtik","Vobann",
"Vobarer","Vobartik","Vobekn","Vober","Vobn","Vobtik","Vonaner","Vonann",
"Vonantik","Vonarab","Vonarn","Vonartik","Voneker","Vonn","Xabanab","Xabaner",
"Xabarer","Xabarn","Xabartik","Xabekab","Xabeker","Xabekn","Xaber","Xabober",
"Xaner","Xann","Xarab","Xaranab","Xarann","Xarantik","Xararer","Xarartik","Xarer",
"Xarn","Xartik","Xasaner","Xasann","Xasarab","Xasarn","Xasekab","Xaseker",
"Xebarer","Xebarn","Xebeker","Xeber","Xebober","Xebtik","Xekab","Xeker",
"Xekn","Xenann","Xenantik","Xenarer","Xenartik","Xenekn","Xener","Xenober",
"Xentik","Xibantik","Xibarer","Xibekab","Xibeker","Xibobab","Xibober","Xibobn",
"Xobaner","Xobann","Xobarab","Xobarn","Xobekab","Xobeker","Xobekn","Xober",
"Xobn","Xobobn","Xobtik","Xonaner","Xonann","Xonantik","Xonarer","Xonartik",
"Xonekab","Xoneker","Xonekn","Xoner","Xonober","Xtik","Zabaner","Zabantik",
"Zabarab","Zabekab","Zabekn","Zaber","Zabn","Zabobab","Zabober","Zabtik",
"Zaner","Zantik","Zarann","Zarantik","Zararn","Zarartik","Zareker","Zarekn",
"Zarer","Zarn","Zarober","Zartik","Zasaner","Zasarer","Zaseker","Zasekn","Zasn",
"Zebantik","Zebarer","Zebarn","Zebartik","Zebobab","Zekab","Zekn","Zenann",
"Zenantik","Zenarer","Zenarn","Zenekab","Zeneker","Zenobtik","Zibanab","Zibaner",
"Zibann","Zibarer","Zibartik","Zibekn","Zibn","Zibobn","Zobaner","Zobann",
"Zobarn","Zober","Zobn","Zonanab","Zonaner","Zonann","Zonantik","Zonarer",
"Zonartik","Zonobn","Zonobtik","Zontik","Ztik" };

Mleh
05-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Will there ever be an in-game petition/report function to "hot fix" names more rapidly?

Senadin
05-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh the possibilities.

"Gabaner","Gabann","Gabantik","Gabarab","Gabarer","Gabarn","Gabartik",
"Gabekab","Gabeker","Gabekn","Gaber","Gabn","Gabobab","Gabobn","Gabtik",
"Ganer","Gann","Gantik","Garab","Garaner","Garann","Garantik","Gararn",
"Garekn","Garer","Garn","Gartik","Gasaner","Gasann","Gasantik","Gasarer",
"Gasartik","Gasekn","Gaser","Gebann","Gebantik","Gebarer","Gebarn","Gebartik",
"Gebeker","Gebekn","Gebn","Gekab","Geker","Gekn","Genaner","Genann","Genantik",
"Genarer","Genarn","Gener","Genn","Genobtik","Gibaner","Gibann","Gibantik",
"Gibarn","Gibartik","Gibekn","Giber","Gibn","Gibobtik","Gibtik","Gobaber",
"Gobaner","Gobann","Gobarn","Gobartik","Gober","Gobn","Gobober","Gobobn",
"Gobobtik","Gobtik","Gonaner","Gonann","Gonantik","Gonarab","Gonarer",
"Gonarn","Gonartik","Gonekab","Gonekn","Goner","Gonobtik","Gontik","Gotik",
"Jabaner","Jabann","Jabantik","Jabarab","Jabarer","Jabarn","Jabartik",
"Jabekab","Jabeker","Jabekn","Jaber","Jabn","Jabobtik","Jabtik","Janab",
"Janer","Jann","Jantik","Jarab","Jaranab","Jaraner","Jararer","Jararn",
"Jarartik","Jareker","Jarekn","Jarer","Jarn","Jarobn","Jarobtik","Jartik",
"Jasab","Jasaner","Jasantik","Jasarer","Jasartik","Jasekab","Jaseker",
"Jasekn","Jaser","Jasn","Jasobab","Jasober","Jastik","Jebanab","Jebann",
"Jebantik","Jebarab","Jebarar","Jebarer","Jebarn","Jebartik","Jebeker",
"Jebekn","Jeber","Jebobn","Jebtik","Jekab","Jeker","Jekn","Jenann",
"Jenantik","Jenarer","Jeneker","Jenekn","Jentik","Jibaner","Jibann",
"Jibantik","Jibarer","Jibarn","Jibartik","Jibeker","Jibn","Jibobn",
"Jibtik","Jobab","Jobaner","Jobann","Jobantik","Jobarn","Jobartik",
"Jobekab","Jobeker","Jober","Jobn","Jobtik","Jonanab","Jonaner",
"Jonann","Jonantik","Jonarer","Jonarn","Jonartik","Jonekab","Joneker",
"Jonekn","Joner","Jonn","Jonnarn","Jonober","Jonobn","Jonobtik","Jontik",
"Kabanab","Kabaner","Kabann","Kabantik","Kabarer","Kabarn","Kabartik",
"Kabeker","Kabekn","Kaber","Kabn","Kabober","Kabobn","Kabobtik","Kabtik",
"Kanab","Kaner","Kann","Kantik","Karab","Karanab","Karaner","Karann",
"Karantik","Kararer","Karartik","Kareker","Karer","Karn","Karobab","Karobn",
"Kartik","Kasaner","Kasann","Kasarer","Kasartik","Kaseker","Kasekn","Kaser",
"Kasn","Kasober","Kastik","Kebann","Kebantik","Kebarab","Kebartik","Kebeker",
"Kebekn","Kebn","Kebobab","Kebtik","Kekab","Keker","Kekn","Kenab","Kenaner",
"Kenantik","Kenarer","Kenarn","Keneker","Kener","Kenn","Kenobn","Kenobtik",
"Kentik","Kibab","Kibaner","Kibantik","Kibarn","Kibartik","Kibekab","Kibeker",
"Kibekn","Kibn","Kibobn","Kibobtik","Kobab","Kobanab","Kobaner","Kobann",
"Kobantik","Kobarer","Kobarn","Kobartik","Kobeker","Kobekn","Kober","Kobn",
"Kobober","Kobobn","Kobtik","Konanab","Konaner","Konann","Konantik","Konarab",
"Konarer","Konarn","Konekab","Koneker","Konekn","Koner","Konn","Konobn",
"Konobtik","Kontik","Labanab","Labaner","Labann","Labarab","Labarer",
"Labarn","Labartik","Labeker","Labekn","Laner","Lann","Larab","Larantik",
"Lararer","Lararn","Larartik","Lareker","Larer","Larn","Lartik","Lasaner",
"Lasann","Lasarer","Laseker","Laser","Lasik","Lasn","Lastik","Lebaner",
"Lebarer","Lebartik","Lebekn","Lebtik","Lekab","Lekn","Lenanab","Lenaner",
"Lenann","Lenartik","Lenekab","Leneker","Lenekn","Lentik","Libab","Libaner",
"Libann","Libantik","Libarer","Libarn","Libartik","Libeker","Libekn","Lobann",
"Lobarab","Lobarn","Lobartik","Lobekn","Lobn","Lobober","Lobobn","Lobtik",
"Lonaner","Lonann","Lonantik","Lonarab","Lonarer","Lonarn","Lonartik","Lonekn",
"Loner","Lonobtik","Lontik","Vabanab","Vabaner","Vabann","Vabantik","Vabarer",
"Vabarn","Vabartik","Vabeker","Vabekn","Vabtik","Vanikk","Vann","Varartik","Varn",
"Vartik","Vasann","Vasantik","Vasarab","Vasarer","Vaseker","Vebaner","Vebantik",
"Vebarab","Vebeker","Vebekn","Vebobn","Vekab","Veker","Venaner","Venantik","Venar",
"Venarn","Vener","Ventik","Vibann","Vibantik","Viber","Vibobtik","Vobann",
"Vobarer","Vobartik","Vobekn","Vober","Vobn","Vobtik","Vonaner","Vonann",
"Vonantik","Vonarab","Vonarn","Vonartik","Voneker","Vonn","Xabanab","Xabaner",
"Xabarer","Xabarn","Xabartik","Xabekab","Xabeker","Xabekn","Xaber","Xabober",
"Xaner","Xann","Xarab","Xaranab","Xarann","Xarantik","Xararer","Xarartik","Xarer",
"Xarn","Xartik","Xasaner","Xasann","Xasarab","Xasarn","Xasekab","Xaseker",
"Xebarer","Xebarn","Xebeker","Xeber","Xebober","Xebtik","Xekab","Xeker",
"Xekn","Xenann","Xenantik","Xenarer","Xenartik","Xenekn","Xener","Xenober",
"Xentik","Xibantik","Xibarer","Xibekab","Xibeker","Xibobab","Xibober","Xibobn",
"Xobaner","Xobann","Xobarab","Xobarn","Xobekab","Xobeker","Xobekn","Xober",
"Xobn","Xobobn","Xobtik","Xonaner","Xonann","Xonantik","Xonarer","Xonartik",
"Xonekab","Xoneker","Xonekn","Xoner","Xonober","Xtik","Zabaner","Zabantik",
"Zabarab","Zabekab","Zabekn","Zaber","Zabn","Zabobab","Zabober","Zabtik",
"Zaner","Zantik","Zarann","Zarantik","Zararn","Zarartik","Zareker","Zarekn",
"Zarer","Zarn","Zarober","Zartik","Zasaner","Zasarer","Zaseker","Zasekn","Zasn",
"Zebantik","Zebarer","Zebarn","Zebartik","Zebobab","Zekab","Zekn","Zenann",
"Zenantik","Zenarer","Zenarn","Zenekab","Zeneker","Zenobtik","Zibanab","Zibaner",
"Zibann","Zibarer","Zibartik","Zibekn","Zibn","Zibobn","Zobaner","Zobann",
"Zobarn","Zober","Zobn","Zonanab","Zonaner","Zonann","Zonantik","Zonarer",
"Zonartik","Zonobn","Zonobtik","Zontik","Ztik" };

Hmm anyone know why all the pet name only start with the letters;

G, J, K, L, V, X and Z?

Is there some sort of obscure easter egg?

Chucck
05-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Well if we are so unlucky to cross this mighty person of morality who decrees that my name is not up to his roleplaying standards and receive a petition, can we then petition to get our names changed to something else other then the random pet names you guys are changing them to? Just curious

Cyrius
05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes, i will ask you for your new name. However if you are incooperative and just try to stall me or try to convince me that a name change is not neccessary you will end up with a pet name.

eqdruid76
05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I think Kobeker is a cool name.

Alleusion
05-26-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm sadly reminded of the argument I had with a high elf that was reported for having the name Bisexuelf. While I found it absolutely hilarious, rules were rules, and bosses orders, I was forced to change it. She fought, she cursed, she threatened lawsuits...well at that point I had to tell her to have her lawyers contact their lawyers, but in the end, she still got her name changed.

If your name is reported and the powers that be decide they need to change it, it's going to get changed. Getting butthurt on a forum and bitching about it, isn't going to make much of a difference.

JayDee
05-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes, i will ask you for your new name. However if you are incooperative and just try to stall me or try to convince me that a name change is not neccessary you will end up with a pet name.

You're gonna run out of pet names soon, though.

Cyrius
05-26-2010, 08:13 PM
You're gonna run out of pet names soon, though.

Did you not see the huge list nilbog posted 1 page ahead? :D i be good for a while.

JayDee
05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Wow, I srsly only thought there were ~25 or so

Mleh
05-27-2010, 01:16 PM
I was just thinking about all the pet name letters a minute ago before i got online, funny...

BlackBellamy
05-27-2010, 02:06 PM

In-Before-Anus-Spelling-Nazi: it's spelled amusing not ammmmmmmusing, you should fucking kill yourself RIGHT NOW.

km2783
05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh the possibilities.

Xobeker is taken by my Mage, thank you very much

And voluntarily at character creation. :D

Mady
05-27-2010, 02:19 PM
"Goner"

This has always been my favorite.

Gukag
05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Really appropriate name for an SK pet.

guineapig
05-27-2010, 02:53 PM
I would like to submit some names for approval to the "naming convention" before I start playing these characters only to have their names revoked:

Arsnova - wizard
Garrote - rogue
Panacea Placebo - cleric
Pestilencia -shadowknight
Virulence - shaman
Decrepus - necro

Are these acceptable to you good sirs?

km2783
05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
No, because I already made Virulence :D

You may have Virrulence, Viruulence, Virulennce, etc. Or I will let you have it if I can have Herpification or Theherpifier.

Bruman
05-27-2010, 04:33 PM
"I know whats correct for everyone"

If the name isn't offensive(racist etc)

<Devil'sAdvocate>
I'm not for racist names, but that's the same thing as you were arguing against. Censorship is censorship, regardless of the degree to which it is enforced. You think racist names or names with swearing should be blocked, yet you say you should just ignore those people instead of being offended.

It really just comes down to what the server admins feel like is acceptable, and from what I can gather, they find racism and swearing unacceptable, as well as some gross names, but drug related names are fine. But your argument as stated is flawed and contradictory.
</Devil'sAdvocate>

I find many names that make me roll my eyes, but it's a game, so whatever. I've learned to base my grouping decisions on how the person plays, not what their sense of humor is, or there'd only be like three people in my level range I could group with.

Although all the constant pot names and weed chat is annoying, but whatever. Just don't be passed out when I need a heal.

km2783
05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
I find many names that make me roll my eyes, but it's a game, so whatever. I've learned to base my grouping decisions on how the person plays, not what their sense of humor is, or there'd only be like three people in my level range I could group with.

Although all the constant pot names and weed chat is annoying, but whatever. Just don't be passed out when I need a heal.

For example, I think Smokesweed is a stupid name, but he is/was a fine Necro.

guineapig
05-27-2010, 04:57 PM
No, because I already made Virulence :D

You may have Virrulence, Viruulence, Virulennce, etc. Or I will let you have it if I can have Herpification or Theherpifier.

Deal as far as I'm concerned! :D

pickled_heretic
05-27-2010, 05:27 PM
<Devil'sAdvocate>
I'm not for racist names, but that's the same thing as you were arguing against. Censorship is censorship, regardless of the degree to which it is enforced. You think racist names or names with swearing should be blocked, yet you say you should just ignore those people instead of being offended.

No, it's not the same thing. If you're trying to equivocate a name like "Ilikepie" to "Iliketokilljews" then I can't be bothered to waste time engaging you in a civilized conversation about the matter, and I'm more patient than most.

It really just comes down to what the server admins feel like is acceptable, and from what I can gather, they find racism and swearing unacceptable, as well as some gross names, but drug related names are fine. But your argument as stated is flawed and contradictory.
</Devil'sAdvocate>
Yes, it's their server and this is a private affair so it's ultimately their rules, for better or worse. But, to suggest chuck had a flawed or contradictory argument is absolutely absurd.

To use metaphor/simile, It's like you're saying that burning jews alive is only bad because it pollutes the environment, and if someone can prove it doesn't pollute the environment it's prefectly fine to burn jews alive. There are more than just environmental factors, like you know, humanitarian consderations etc.

karsten
05-27-2010, 05:40 PM
whole bunch of controlling, butthurt douchebags on this thread

eqdruid76
05-27-2010, 05:47 PM
There are 2 kinds of EQ players

1). The kind that go out of their way to piss other people off.

2). The kind that go out of their way to piss off the people who piss other people off.

-Benjamin Franklin, 1763

twizztid
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Such a limited vocabulary, you can't even retype a word I had already used with the correct spelling. By the way, by definition, the use of a name other than the correct one is name calling.

This is the internet. I'm not really all that concerned about vocabulary, especially since it seems to be something you have a lil OCD tick about, makes it more humorous for me. And technically if I called you by your proper name, isn't that still name calling? I'de be callin you a name no?

regardless, your gettin side tracked from the first argument, which means your on here just to whine and bitch and troll about things that only people like you care about. Whiney lil Anus.

Spud
05-27-2010, 11:36 PM
can you guys let me know in advance if my next alt name is appropriate?

name will be: Buttmuncher

thanks

Bruman
05-27-2010, 11:46 PM
No, it's not the same thing. If you're trying to equivocate a name like "Ilikepie" to "Iliketokilljews" then I can't be bothered to waste time engaging you in a civilized conversation about the matter, and I'm more patient than most.

I'm not saying that I don't see a difference, but he stated that people shouldn't go around being offended, except for ones he finds offensive, which is contradictory (not saying hypocritical, because people take that as an insult, and I'm not trying to go there). I think we all agree the racist shit is retarded and shouldn't be tolerated, but that's still our opinion. Some people love dead baby jokes and killing cat jokes. Others get offended. Censorship of any kind is censorship, it's one of the "eye of the beholder" things.

Yes, it's their server and this is a private affair so it's ultimately their rules, for better or worse. But, to suggest chuck had a flawed or contradictory argument is absolutely absurd.

To use metaphor/simile, It's like you're saying that burning jews alive is only bad because it pollutes the environment, and if someone can prove it doesn't pollute the environment it's prefectly fine to burn jews alive. There are more than just environmental factors, like you know, humanitarian consderations etc.

That doesn't equate at all. Naming a character in a fake game - worst case someone gets butthurt. Burning people = murder. If nothing else, at the very least it's illegal to kill people =P. We're talking about censorship on names, not actions in the real world.

pickled_heretic
05-28-2010, 12:07 AM
That doesn't equate at all. Naming a character in a fake game - worst case someone gets butthurt. Burning people = murder. If nothing else, at the very least it's illegal to kill people =P. We're talking about censorship on names, not actions in the real world.
You're saying that arbitrating a difference between being offended by racism and being offended by silly names is unacceptable, but you turn around and say that it's perfectly okay to arbitrate a difference between murder and offending someone.

Please. I don't have time for your demagoguery here; take it somewhere else.

Gweed
05-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Don't forget all the weed names. Yes, some folks on the server smoke weed, good for you. Honestly who gives a shit it's practically legal in the US now - that's like having a name like Ieatredmeat or Idrinkwater. It's supposed to ENHANCE your imagination - so get really baked and come up with a better name than "Smokesweed."

My name is not now, nor has it ever been affiliated with marijuana.

Bodeanicus
05-28-2010, 02:34 AM
As long as it doesn't have f**k, c**k, d**k, p***y (or a alternate spelling of the aforementioned words,) or have drug, racist, or crude sexual connotations, I couldn't care less.

twizztid
05-28-2010, 02:36 AM
I would like to submit some names for approval to the "naming convention" before I start playing these characters only to have their names revoked:

Arsnova - wizard
Garrote - rogue
Panacea Placebo - cleric
Pestilencia -shadowknight
Virulence - shaman
Decrepus - necro

Are these acceptable to you good sirs?

NO You can't have ANY of these.

Arsnova - Has ars in it!!! Ars is ass!!! And Nova is a real word!! YOU CAN'T HAVE WURDDSSSS!!!!11

Garrote - Sounds like a person name. This is a game! GAME NAME PLZ! And it sounds like Carrot! UNNACCEPTABLE!

Panacea - Goddess of healing in Greece. NO FAKE GODS WE ONLY ACCEPT EQ GODS!!!! And you can't have there names EITHER!

Pestilencea - Pesilence is a infection caused by rats, BUT ONLY IN RL, You can't use that plz k plz... And it also sounds like Pest, someone who annoys you, and the encea sounds like a disease. Don't do that makes you sound like a troll omg don't k?

Virulence - A word for anger. trolls are angry DONT TROLL K SRSLY PLZK ? Quit using words your not allowed k?! srs....

Decrepus - You can't use it. Decrepit is used for something old creaky or hard to use... Necros aren't hard first of all, and it sounds too CLOSE TO REAL WORDS YOU CAN'T THIS IS SUPER CERIAL!!!! And in there is "pus" that is gross you can't do that !!!!

LOL I'm sorry I had way to much fun making this. It what I feel goes through all these trolling whiners heads when they bitch about stupid things like names in a 11 year old cartoon game....

twizztid
05-28-2010, 02:43 AM
As long as it doesn't have f**k, c**k, d**k, p***y (or a alternate spelling of the aforementioned words,) or have drug, racist, or crude sexual connotations, I couldn't care less.

I agree completely, But some people are way to in depth with there creamy fantasy world that they can't get passed people having names that have real world words, resemblence or meaning, ect.

Kind of sad.

mixxit
05-28-2010, 02:49 AM
We're in a lot of trouble!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI

Asun
05-28-2010, 05:19 AM
This is the internet. I'm not really all that concerned about vocabulary, especially since it seems to be something you have a lil OCD tick about, makes it more humorous for me. And technically if I called you by your proper name, isn't that still name calling? I'de be callin you a name no?

regardless, your gettin side tracked from the first argument, which means your on here just to whine and bitch and troll about things that only people like you care about. Whiney lil Anus.

So many mistakes in there, it's not even funny anymore, the only person I see whining, bitching and trolling here is you.

The argument was about non-fantasy names in a fantasy game.

A concept you seem unable to grasp with the miniscule peanut rattling around inside your head that you try and pass off as a brain.

SpYd3r-dk
05-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Ran past a woodelf named: Cumzilla :S

soup
05-28-2010, 06:22 AM
There are a LOT of completely stupid and ridiculous names out there, BUT, I can't even begin to comprehend how some stupid names can have a negative impact on your gameplay.

Is running past someone named "Ihealolol" or whatever really that much of an annoyance?

Uaellaen
05-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Is running past someone named "Ihealolol" or whatever really that much of an annoyance?

no, but when someone's child runs by "cumzilla" im sure that someone would not be amused ...

Gwence
05-28-2010, 12:54 PM
small children that play any mmo, play at their own risk imo.

Uaellaen
05-28-2010, 12:57 PM
doesnt have to do with small children, you do not want your 13 / 14 year olds to read crap like that either ...

pickled_heretic
05-28-2010, 01:00 PM
There's half-dwarf bodies roasting over fires in Ogguk and you can kill, cook, and eat human beings. Even if the violence is hilariously rendered, there's more than enough of it. Furthermore, the ESRP releases the same rating for every online game: RP - game experience may change during online play.

Little kids shouldn't be playing this game or any other like it unless their parents don't care, and if they don't care then they don't get to complain about names like "bisexuelf" or "cumzilla."

rioisk
05-28-2010, 01:01 PM
good thing I've reserved most of the names of EQ Gods.....

Ihealyou
05-28-2010, 01:06 PM
The only reason someone would name their character cumzilla is to stir shit up and try to get reactions out of people. Unless you're a die hard free speech advocate, I don't think you can really justify that name.

Tallenn
05-28-2010, 01:12 PM
no, but when someone's child runs by "cumzilla" im sure that someone would not be amused ...

If you let your child play an MMO, you have to realize the risk. They are online with hundreds of other people from multiple age groups, social backgrounds, and everything else. It's these other people that make any MMO an adult game. IMO, because this, every MMO should be rated adult. It doesn't matter what the company that makes the game does with the game- you can't keep children from interacting with all kinds of different people, some of whom you wouldn't let your child in the same state with if you could help it.

You should be aware of that diversity of player base when you decide whether or not to allow your child to play. Even if all offensive names are quashed before anyone sees them, there's a LOT more in this game that you might not want your child to see. You have to ask yourself if you would allow your child to roam alone amongst these people- if not, then you should not allow them to play here unsupervised.

Yes, people do suck.

Excision Rottun
05-28-2010, 01:21 PM
The only reason someone would name their character cumzilla is to stir shit up and try to get reactions out of people. Unless you're a die hard free speech advocate, I don't think you can really justify that name.

Or you are the proprietor of a blog with that name (which exists, I just googled it) and are just trying to drum up hits.

twizztid
05-28-2010, 04:58 PM
So many mistakes in there, it's not even funny anymore, the only person I see whining, bitching and trolling here is you.

The argument was about non-fantasy names in a fantasy game.

A concept you seem unable to grasp with the miniscule peanut rattling around inside your head that you try and pass off as a brain.

Why are you still arguing about vocab then? I only see your argument whining about my vocab. I want you to read each of your posts. All you do is talk about vocab. I already have argued about the fantasy name saying shut the fuck up and leave it alone, quit whining.

You're clearly at least semi retarded because you can't stick to a concept, and or argue that concept without using other minor things in your argument.

troll be gone, bitch quit whining.

soup
05-28-2010, 05:24 PM

The thing is, if they know what that means, then they already know what that means so it's not like their mind is being tainted or whatever, and if they don't know what that is, then it's just another name like "Destrothian" or whatever else.

Bruman
05-28-2010, 05:30 PM
You're saying that arbitrating a difference between being offended by racism and being offended by silly names is unacceptable, but you turn around and say that it's perfectly okay to arbitrate a difference between murder and offending someone.

Please. I don't have time for your demagoguery here; take it somewhere else.

No, I'm saying his argument was based on censorship in a game, saying they shouldn't censor, then followed it up with saying "except when I think it's okay to censor". Hence, it was contradictory.

My response to you was that your metaphor was a straw man, and I just kinda screwed up trying to point that out. It felt like the old "Oh, you're reading a book? Well you know who else read books? HITLER. Therefore, you're as bad as Hitler" argument.

It'd also be beneficial if you'd quit with trying to be "high and mighty". Then again, this is the internet, and everyone has to have an attitude it seems.

Oh, you obviously do have the time, or you would not have responded. Just like I have the time, and everyone else here does, to engage in pointless discussions/debates/flame-wars on a barely-used forum that exists as a fan run server for an 11 year old game. On the internet.

Asun
05-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Why are you still arguing about vocab then? I only see your argument whining about my vocab. I want you to read each of your posts. All you do is talk about vocab. I already have argued about the fantasy name saying shut the fuck up and leave it alone, quit whining.

You're clearly at least semi retarded because you can't stick to a concept, and or argue that concept without using other minor things in your argument.

troll be gone, bitch quit whining.

blah blah blah is all I can see here, nothing about the subject of the discussion, take your trolling and whining off down into your mummys basement and yank another one out, child.

Asun
05-28-2010, 05:51 PM
And by the way, saying "shut the fuck up" isn't a discussion.

The concept of this discussion is lost on you, you argue and antagonise but don't really contribute. Grenade isn't a fantasy name, no matter how many swear words you use to try and justify it.

twizztid
05-28-2010, 08:22 PM
And by the way, saying "shut the fuck up" isn't a discussion.

The concept of this discussion is lost on you, you argue and antagonise but don't really contribute. Grenade isn't a fantasy name, no matter how many swear words you use to try and justify it.

I didn't say Grenade was a fantasy name. I've argued the fact your butt hurt over this minor concept of game play.

Your only argument has been my incorrect spelling. Sure okay, my name isn't fantasy, but I'm concerned 0%. My aim wasn't for a fantasy name, it was aimed to give my character a name that is similar to his class. It's funny I've told you this already and you don't seem to grasp it. It's like you don't even read what I say so you're basically arguing to yourself. All I have been saying is stop being so emo about names in a game, and the only thing you've came back with was my incorrect grammar and telling me the name isn't fantasy, which I am aware of, and don't care about.

I want you to sit down and read every post you've given. It gives 0 feedback to my argument, and only has arguments regarding my spelling which I don't care abut, welcome to enet, and about my character name not being fantasy.

If you have nothing else to say, then just stop because all you're doing is showing you have 0 argument, and when your back is against the wall you find somethin else to argue about, like someones grammar, and miss the whole real point.

Figure it out..

Oh and also, if you're going to just correct spelling on this and give no contribution other than telling me not to swear and correct my spelling, and tell me that the name isn't fantasy, Then just don't bother responding. The same old non corroborating bitching is getting old.

twizztid
05-28-2010, 08:29 PM

P.S it's spelt hence

You say im not contributing to the argument? Wtf is ^^ All your doing is saying yes I have imagnation, and proving you only have an argument to correct spelling.

Thanks have a good day troll.

ShadowWulf
05-28-2010, 08:50 PM
.....lighten up people....

Glorindale
05-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I want to know who grabbed Blackwolf...as in Blackwolf The Dragon Master!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZINGswZjFY

eqdruid76
05-28-2010, 09:09 PM
This topic is getting retarded....I mean Special Olympics retarded....and that's saying a LOT, coming from me....

In the end, it's nobody's business what another player names their character. If they want to go and create a stupid name that will cause them to miss out on grouping opportunities (by virtue that anyone stupid enough to choose such a stupid name is a moron, and to be avoided), then more power to them. More XP for you, right?...

eqdruid76
05-28-2010, 09:13 PM
You say im not contributing to the argument? Wtf is ^^ All your doing is saying yes I have imagnation, and proving you only have an argument to correct spelling.

Thanks have a good day troll.

While I'll agree he's a complete douche, no one is going to ever take you seriously if you can't type words correctly. How do you expect for anyone to consider your arguemnt if it's unreadable?

Asun
05-29-2010, 01:38 AM
I didn't say Grenade was a fantasy name. I've argued the fact your butt hurt over this minor concept of game play.

So you agree that the name you chose isn't fantasy yet you still insult and swear to try and prove yourself correct, the whole object of this thread was that there are names being used on the server that people have used to either get a rise out of others or to just simply see what they can get away with.

Neither shows any real degree of imagination in a fantasy game, which was my original point.

Now I suggest you go back and look at your replies in this thread, read them again and then tell me who exactly started being antagonistic.

twizztid
05-29-2010, 01:50 AM
While I'll agree he's a complete douche, no one is going to ever take you seriously if you can't type words correctly. How do you expect for anyone to consider your arguemnt if it's unreadable?

None of my threads are unreadable, he just picks up on very minor things and uses them as a arguement, even though that isn't what this is about. If you read any of my posts, the things he is fixing is like instead of hense; hence. It is stuff that are very minor and they seem to take his brain out of the argument about names, and all he does is try to correct minor spelling errors. I'm sorry but if you can't construe minor typing errors on the internet you have no buisness on the net lol. I can understand if I was wayyyy off, but its only minor words that are mis spelled, that is it. No hard sentences, nothing.

Instead of me explaining myself, look at my threads. If you have any problems with understandin the base concept, tell me. Better yet, read the conversation between me and Asun ( I'll type his name correctly because if I don't he'll use that as an argument in this post because those are his only arguments is spelling and swearing ), you will see what I mean.

twizztid
05-29-2010, 01:51 AM
So you agree that the name you chose isn't fantasy yet you still insult and swear to try and prove yourself correct, the whole object of this thread was that there are names being used on the server that people have used to either get a rise out of others or to just simply see what they can get away with.

Neither shows any real degree of imagination in a fantasy game, which was my original point.

Now I suggest you go back and look at your replies in this thread, read them again and then tell me who exactly started being antagonistic.

I didn't say my char was fantasy name. Im saying who cares about it, quit being butthurt about names in a video game is all. End of story. Simple enough for ya?

Asun
05-29-2010, 02:12 AM
I didn't say my char was fantasy name. Im saying who cares about it, quit being butthurt about names in a video game is all. End of story. Simple enough for ya?

Ah yes, back to being derisory, true to form. I am trying to encourage a discussion on the subject, yet all you seem able to do is attempt to berate and brow beat people into accepting your opinion as gospel.

As far as who cares about it, I think there is evidence in this thread to that end.

eqdruid76
05-29-2010, 02:21 AM
None of my threads are unreadable, he just picks up on very minor things and uses them as a arguement, even though that isn't what this is about. If you read any of my posts, the things he is fixing is like instead of hense; hence. It is stuff that are very minor and they seem to take his brain out of the argument about names, and all he does is try to correct minor spelling errors. I'm sorry but if you can't construe minor typing errors on the internet you have no buisness on the net lol. I can understand if I was wayyyy off, but its only minor words that are mis spelled, that is it. No hard sentences, nothing.

Instead of me explaining myself, look at my threads. If you have any problems with understandin the base concept, tell me. Better yet, read the conversation between me and Asun ( I'll type his name correctly because if I don't he'll use that as an argument in this post because those are his only arguments is spelling and swearing ), you will see what I mean.

I'm sure you mean well, but you really do need to understand that, whether you like it or not, you're judged by your inability to use proper grammar, spelling and structure. No one is going to read your posts and take them seriously, because your own posts make you look unintelligent. I'm not saying you're stupid...I'm just stating any point you have is lost in the mistakes.

L2 stay awake in English class, if you're not already in your 20s....which, if you are, I am so sorry. :(

Beau
05-29-2010, 02:33 AM
Funny names slipping by the naming filter was totally classic. It didn't always work and it didn't always stick, but as someone said earlier, not everyone wants to role play by rippping off some goofy variation of a tolkein character. I laughed at them then and I laugh at them now. ~ If its not blatantly offensive like Fvck, or Ieatpoop then sure, maybe it needs to be changed, but if its just some random word or catchy first name surname combo, then honestly, who cares? Why make it your business? If they don't fit into your roleplay, then ignore them and do your own thing.

twizztid
05-30-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm sure you mean well, but you really do need to understand that, whether you like it or not, you're judged by your inability to use proper grammar, spelling and structure. No one is going to read your posts and take them seriously, because your own posts make you look unintelligent. I'm not saying you're stupid...I'm just stating any point you have is lost in the mistakes.

L2 stay awake in English class, if you're not already in your 20s....which, if you are, I am so sorry. :(

1. This is internet. I could talk in leet if I wanted, could proof read use big words and such, but like I said, it's internet. NUFF said. Yes, nuff.

2.This is thread about names in a game, and in the end, ppl gotta ( yes gotta ) stop whining about names in a video game. Nuff said. Yes Nuff.

twizztid
05-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Ah yes, back to being derisory, true to form. I am trying to encourage a discussion on the subject, yet all you seem able to do is attempt to berate and brow beat people into accepting your opinion as gospel.

As far as who cares about it, I think there is evidence in this thread to that end.

No more whining about game names. It's sad. Nuff said.

twizztid
05-30-2010, 02:23 AM

I said they aren't unreadable, yes they are errors but that doesn't make it unreadable, it just means there are minor things I care not to fix because I really just don't care, really. If you can't read what it says and understand it, then you have the english problem, not I. I just don't care on the internet bth.

P.s. If I wuz typin for a inglish xzam i wood rite alot betr. srslee. I w00|) |3E l1k3 WOAH, I shood pr00fr34d this!

eqdruid76
05-30-2010, 02:29 AM
I said they aren't unreadable, yes they are errors but that doesn't make it unreadable, it just means there are minor things I care not to fix because I really just don't care, really. If you can't read what it says and understand it, then you have the english problem, not I. I just don't care on the internet bth.

P.s. If I wuz typin for a inglish xzam i wood rite alot betr. srslee. I w00|) |3E l1k3 WOAH, I shood pr00fr34d this!

Well guess what, Nancy? If you don't care enough to type correctly, I don't care enough to pay any attention to what you have to say.

Nuff. Said.

Destructo
05-30-2010, 02:30 AM
Well guess what, Nancy? If you don't care enough to type correctly, I don't care enough to pay any attention to what you have to say.

Nuff. Said.

No one cares about you either, random druid #2530.

axius
05-30-2010, 03:17 AM
i was very sad when my ogre war "Sweet Jesus" was made to namechange :(

eqdruid76
05-30-2010, 03:46 AM
No one cares about you either, random druid #2530.

I never said they did, now did I?

Molitoth
06-17-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm not a fan of non-roleplay names, but I do admit I see some funny character names that make me laugh.

Saw mid twenties mage named:
Petsinyoface Andallovadaplace

Stupid? Yes
Funny? Somewhat
Does it affect me? No

Just move on, stupid names will happen.

Reiker
06-17-2010, 12:21 PM
But that's a pretty good name.

Hogwash
06-17-2010, 12:25 PM
this thread is hogwash:eek:

Tpyo
06-17-2010, 12:51 PM
If you want to get picky about the fantasy naming schemes... a lot of people are named for achievements or great feats that they have accomplished.

Reginald Orcslayer or Thurgood Deathsmiter might be considered very fantasy-esque... Of even Titles:

Borshan the Hammer of Qeynos, or Jupina the Sureshot...

These names become mouthfuls to say over and over again and might get shortened

Borshan may just be refered to as the Hammer or Jupina as Sureshot...

Maybe there was a wizard name Twizztid the Arcane Grenade... and over the years his title was shortened to The Grenade or "Grenade"

---------------------

On another note, are names especially creative if they are just borrowed from another language? My rogue's name is Ereptor. Sounds neat and fantasy-ish... but in reality.. its just Latin for Thief.... Maybe in I chose a name like Scheißenkopf... sounds roleplaying-ish... but in reality

------------------

People should be able to decide how they want to play the game. If you wanna have a hard core roleplaying name (as I sometimes do) go for it, if you wanna borrow words from other languages (like I usually do) go for it, if you wanna pick something silly to have fun with (like I rarely do) go for it. Have fun with the *GAME*.

I do, however, get irritated with names like "smotpoker" and other such ridiculous things. I like clever names, roleplaying names, and other such things... just nothing offensive or childish... IMHO

EDIT: Removed a stray s that did not belong