PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ports

jelatin
05-25-2010, 05:51 AM
How do you druids prefer getting port customers now?

I feel like kind of an ass just throwing in my search parameters and going down the list asking, not that I mind spending the time, I just feel like I'm bugging people.

Is it a fair assumption to think any port-able druid that isn't /role /a doesn't mind being bothered?

Personally as a 50 cleric there have been times where I wasn't available to rez, but I try not to /role or /anon because I hate /who'ing a zone, seeing it empty and showing up to 30 people. However, I don't mind the tells because I'll just politely decline if I'm unavailable, but I know some people don't share this inclination.

Tseng
05-25-2010, 06:18 AM
I don't mind. If I'm in a group I'll say no, but I don't care at all if people ask.

Examino
05-25-2010, 09:31 AM
don't care especially if i'm LFG and it's a lvl 50 asking, they usually give 50-100pp ;)

Yoite
05-25-2010, 09:55 AM
i usually ask the ones with LFG tags up 1st as they will be more likely to not be busy and available for a port

Ossigor
05-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Send a tell with the ammount you're going to pay for the port. If it's worth their time they'll do it, if not, whats the worse that could happen?

Pick a way and get comfortable with it cause there will never be mass transportation given the expansions we'll be in.

guineapig
05-25-2010, 01:17 PM
i usually ask the ones with LFG tags up 1st as they will be more likely to not be busy and available for a port

This is smart and happened to me a few times yesterday.
It's true, I didn't mind at all and made it seem like I wasn't wasting quite as much time while LFG.

pickled_heretic
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM
just fyi when you ask for a port DO NOT threaten to kill them irl it DOESNT WORK

guineapig
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
just fyi when you ask for a port DO NOT threaten to kill them irl it DOESNT WORK

LOL!

I might port them the first time just out of pure shock and admiration for them having the nerve. :D

Elendae
05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
I do a /w all ecomm, pick a name I've grouped with before and ask them if there are any druids advertising ports. Or, just /w all ecomm druid, and ask politely.

Arkanjil
05-25-2010, 02:47 PM
LOL!

I might port them the first time just out of pure shock and admiration for them having the nerve. :D

Port them to Toxx and leave them there!

Kuron
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Port them to Hate and leave them there!

Fixed.

Examino
05-25-2010, 03:01 PM
I do a /w all ecomm, pick a name I've grouped with before and ask them if there are any druids advertising ports. Or, just /w all ecomm druid, and ask politely.

You can ask wizards for ports too ya know?

Nek is probably closer to tunnel than WC druid port anyway :p

Elendae
05-25-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't know why I always overlook that. There's just alot more druids on the server than wizards. I still love me wizzy ports.

Tallenn
05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
When I took off /role the first day of no global ooc, I started to get tells for ports like every 3 minutes. I hardly had a chance to peruse the auctions in EC.

So, I decided to continue doing it that way. If I am anonymous, I am not available- I'm either experiencing, camping something, or helping with ports for a mobilization, and will not port you, period, so don't even bother asking. If I am not on /role, feel free to /t for a port. Character name same as board name. As always, donations are welcome, but never required.

xorbier
05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
What about wizards!?

I never mind people asking for ports. It’s how I make my money. In fact, when I’m not busy getting exp, I try to port as much as possible. If I’m busy I’ll say no, but I never mind someone asking. As someone mentioned previously it’s probably more likely that someone is available for a port if they’re LFG or in a non dungeon zone.

I also don’t mind porting low level’s and only ask they donate what they can afford. You’d be surprised how many low level’s tip 40-50pp. What’s annoying is when mid to high level players have me go out of my way to travel to them (sometimes far distances) then only tip 5pp – 10pp. That’s just being cheap. Or guildies who assume it’s your job to port them and don’t even both to tip for non raid activities.

Tudana
05-25-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't mind getting the tells out of the blue, nothing different there.

I bet honestly, if your near a druid ring, chances are good a druid might land in your lap in a few minutes wait regardless. If they are not advertising already in /shout for that zone.

Yoite
05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
ya that's another thing i'll do, just go ahead and run to a druid ring. chance are there will be a druid already there or one pop in shortly.

jelatin
05-25-2010, 05:30 PM

This is a great idea I hadn't thought of, thanks.

In addition, I do generally sit at Druid rings and wait, but this post was written at the end of a 25 minute period where no druids landed in LS.