PDA

View Full Version : Gnoll Fangs Quest

SomberSunday
08-21-2012, 04:38 PM
So I'm grinding out these gnolls in Blackburrow.

Which quest is better to turn in experience wise, the one in Halas (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Gnoll_Bounty), or the one in Qeynos (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Moonstones)?

Mylozen
08-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Qeynos 1000x Qeynos- only downside is with enough fangs you will be KOS to corrupt guards, but you can fix that faction in highpass.

bamzal
08-21-2012, 05:04 PM
only bonus with halas is the coin 5gp plus an item to sell per fang

fadetree
08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Well you get moonstones in qeynos, which you can then turn into the guy in the bar for blackburrow stout, which you then can drink or sell back at 5 silver-ish per. The corrupt guards, by the time you get KoS hit like wussies and can easily be evaded.

RahlaeRuffian
08-21-2012, 05:17 PM
/shrug I always do Halas. I don't really think there is much of a difference.

shooteneq1
08-21-2012, 05:42 PM
the xp for turning in at qeynos is much better. its been about 8 months but i tried both with a stack of fangs and it was somewhere around 3X the xp for the qeynos turn in compared to halas.

Wotsirb401
08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
I always turned into Q and yeah you can turn in the lightstones for more xp . Basically cruise through levels

SomberSunday
08-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Yah..Qeynos was the way to go. The moonstones isn't very much, but the fang turn in is amazing.

shooteneq1
08-21-2012, 07:38 PM
i wouldnt even bother doing the moonstone turn in, the amount of time you spend isnt worth it, youde be better off slaying a few extra gnolls.

Striiker
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM
I always did the quest in Qeynos. I tried Halas once as you can also get a couple items to sell and get some extra coin but I never bothered going back after trying it once in Halas. It's a longer run and not worth it and apparently (based upon what others have said) less XP.

If you are turning in Gnoll Fangs you get the Moonstones which you can turn in to Mcneal Jocub in the nearby bar (he's a bartender that wanders back and forth in the bar). He gives you some Blackburrow stout. Sell these and then purchase Honey Mead in quantities of 4. You then go and give these to Tumpy Irontoe who wanders in and out of the bar. This will balance out your negative faction hits with the corrupt Qeynos guards etc. In the end, it didn't really cost you anything as the money you get from the Blackburrow stout pretty much equals the cost of the Honey Mead. Here's a sample of the Honey Mead part below along with the faction adjustments. I have great faction with all guards and merchants so I am guessing the negatives do not outweigh the great faction from killing Gnolls and fang turn ins etc. I believe that if you don't do this part of the quest, then you will become KOS to some of the guards and it makes life miserable..

You say, 'Hail, Trumpy Irontoe'

Trumpy Irontoe says 'Heh? What's yer name? ______? Never heard of ya. Now quit breathin' on me and buy us some [drinks]!'

You say, 'What drinks?'

Trumpy Irontoe says ' Yeah. Gimme a. er. honey mead.'

You say, 'What is honey mead?'

Give him 4 x Honey Mead.

Trumpy Irontoe says 'Beh! Thanks, Skippy. Why don't ya buy yourself one? And. . . get me another!'
Trumpy Irontoe says 'Beh! Thanks, Skippy. Why don't ya buy yourself one? And. . . get me another!'
Trumpy Irontoe says 'BWAH hah hah! I knew you wasn't the loser you. . . appear to be! I will have to tell [Kane]. . all about you. Maybe get you in the gang!'

Your faction standing with Circle Of Unseen Hands got better.
Your faction standing with Merchants of Qeynos got worse.
Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards could not possibly get any better.
Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos got worse.
Your faction standing with Kane Bayle got better.
You gain experience!!

Vermicelli
08-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Yo watch out for Lieutenant Dagarok near Crow's in North Qeynos if you turn in a bunch of fangs. He will tap dat ass with some harm for 500 HP. Again, you can fix the faction, but damn watch out.

Boilon
08-21-2012, 11:59 PM
I have also had the misfortune of being HT'd by LT Dagarok, he hurts! Probably the biggest baddest Corrupt guard in the main town of Qeynos

falkun
08-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Qeynos >> Halas. Take the moonstones and turn them in via this quest:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Moonstones

Messianic
08-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Well you get moonstones in qeynos, which you can then turn into the guy in the bar for blackburrow stout, which you then can drink or sell back at 5 silver-ish per. The corrupt guards, by the time you get KoS hit like wussies and can easily be evaded.

Not all of them....

I have also had the misfortune of being HT'd by LT Dagarok, he hurts! Probably the biggest baddest Corrupt guard in the main town of Qeynos

Dagarok is really strong. He's probably the only corrupt guard you need be concerned about, though...

fadetree
08-22-2012, 12:28 PM
I always did the quest in Qeynos. I tried Halas once as you can also get a couple items to sell and get some extra coin but I never bothered going back after trying it once in Halas. It's a longer run and not worth it and apparently (based upon what others have said) less XP.

If you are turning in Gnoll Fangs you get the Moonstones which you can turn in to Mcneal Jocub in the nearby bar (he's a bartender that wanders back and forth in the bar). He gives you some Blackburrow stout. Sell these and then purchase Honey Mead in quantities of 4. You then go and give these to Tumpy Irontoe who wanders in and out of the bar. This will balance out your negative faction hits with the corrupt Qeynos guards etc. In the end, it didn't really cost you anything as the money you get from the Blackburrow stout pretty much equals the cost of the Honey Mead. Here's a sample of the Honey Mead part below along with the faction adjustments. I have great faction with all guards and merchants so I am guessing the negatives do not outweigh the great faction from killing Gnolls and fang turn ins etc. I believe that if you don't do this part of the quest, then you will become KOS to some of the guards and it makes life miserable..

You say, 'Hail, Trumpy Irontoe'

Trumpy Irontoe says 'Heh? What's yer name? ______? Never heard of ya. Now quit breathin' on me and buy us some [drinks]!'

You say, 'What drinks?'

You say, 'What is honey mead?'

Give him 4 x Honey Mead.

Trumpy Irontoe says 'BWAH hah hah! I knew you wasn't the loser you. . . appear to be! I will have to tell [Kane]. . all about you. Maybe get you in the gang!'

Your faction standing with Circle Of Unseen Hands got better.
Your faction standing with Merchants of Qeynos got worse.
Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards could not possibly get any better.
Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos got worse.
Your faction standing with Kane Bayle got better.
You gain experience!!

Nice! never knew this part. Thanks.

SomberSunday
08-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Indeed. Awesome followup quest! Thank you!

lawll
08-22-2012, 06:06 PM
I did gnoll fangs from 5-12 and was kos with the guards pretty quick but only died once from a guard at level 12.