PDA

View Full Version : A bored druid needs your help

bridgetroll
08-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Lvl 46 druid here.

Looking to change up my regular solo regimen of quadding specs to something else. I'll group some too when i can, but my question is mainly regarding the times when I either can't find a group or don't have the time to commit to a group.

My initial thoughts are to charm kite in either:

1. Kedge Keep (just for the pure challenge of it. and i hear it's good exp if you get over the learning curve)

OR

2. Tim Deep (Raptors)

Which would you go for?

Estu
08-23-2012, 09:25 AM
If you're bored, by all means try Kedge.

Phinger
08-23-2012, 09:40 AM
I've been to kedge a few times and personally hated it. Water fighting is annoying and agro there is iffy at times. Risk vs reward though, they say the exp is incredible. Loot sucks, generally too other than named. I found exp much better elsewhere but i am not a kedge expert so i may not have known the great places to fight. The exp in a group i was in there was nothing special.

Houdiny
08-23-2012, 10:09 AM
I am not familiar with druid AE's and their efficiency. But I know raptors have a ton of hps. I had trouble quadding them earlier on as a Wizard. Unless you have a luminescent staff. Raptors don't drop any cash either. There are spirocs in TD also that are a bit lower level than the raptors and not nearly the hit points.

If you can do the raptors I think they would be the best exp. But if you can't the spirocs are a great substitute until you get the mana required for a quad of raptors.

SavageBeast15
08-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Charm bats in SolB and, snare/charm, haste if you want, they can especially tear through the Kobolds pretty rapidly with their stun

shooteneq1
08-23-2012, 07:32 PM
dont mess with raptors till you have around 2200 mana. your much better off doing spirocs. you can do them till about 51, this was by far my favorite xp spot as a druid to quad, theres plenty of spirocs to pull from even if theres 2 other people there and its 100% safe to go afk, terrible loot is the only drawback.

As an alternative if you want something completly diffrent go to CoM. i quadded quite a bit there. theres a nice ZEM there and they mobs dont have very high HP. you can quad all around the goo house. It may take a couple quads to figure out the pathing and where you can start casting from but the learning curve is small. Loot isnt great but since its CoM you have a rare chance of getting loot drops off any mob.......also stay away from any GOOs....they have way way to many hp for their level

AenarieFenninRo
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Quad bloodgills in lake of ill omen

mwatt
08-23-2012, 07:58 PM
You could do Rathe Mtns HGs. The cash is great and the exp is good, if you can avoid Rharzar deaths. However, that is harder than you might think.

Kevynne
09-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Kedge is AMAZING xp.
prekuianrk here my enc did 40-44 there in 2 hours(give or take an hour)

Hailto
09-12-2012, 11:04 PM
You could do Rathe Mtns HGs. The cash is great and the exp is good, if you can avoid Rharzar deaths. However, that is harder than you might think.

Theres a hill you can sit at east of the HG hill where you will never get agro from Rharzar.

Ravager
09-12-2012, 11:09 PM

This took me to 50 in no time. The loot sucks, but if you're trying to level, it's fast with plenty of mobs.

contemptor
09-13-2012, 07:44 AM
This or kedge will be the best.

mitic
09-13-2012, 07:50 AM
raptors are doable with 2k mana. just sit in between kite if u need the extra 100-200 mana upon resists as a druid. don't bother as wiz if u don't have pillar of frost (at least)

Furniture
09-15-2012, 02:34 AM
Pre-kunark this server had an outrageous exp bonus in kedge, but it has since been changed and no longer has the rediculous exp bonus so im not sure if its worth it anymore

Tasslehofp99
09-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Spirocs in td or root/dotting lguk live side...but 49 to 52 hands down spirocs is fastest.

Tasslehofp99
09-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Lguk liveside is risky but if you have decent gear and some knowledge of your class you should do fine. I leveled 44 to 50 near the noble/evil eye area of lguks live side.

Jaryn
09-15-2012, 05:37 AM
quadding raptors in TD is good exp but yeah, need es clicky dot or staff if you have a small mana pool