PDA

View Full Version : Diseased Shark / Barnacle Breastplate

ribaldron
05-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Can not find much information on this quest online..

Does anyone know what the PH is for the Diseased Shark? So far I've killed TONS of Sharks and have not seen him - but I only recently found the spawn of the young sharks - not sure how I missed these previously - though I have camped the young sharks for a while now and it seems to always spawn w/ them.

is the Diseased Shark a spawn w/ the regular sharks or a spawn w/ the young sharks?

km2783
05-25-2010, 06:30 PM
the regular one is the place holder for the diseased one. if you see the young ones, the diseased was already killed as they spawn at it's death.

ribaldron
05-25-2010, 07:03 PM
the regular one is the place holder for the diseased one. if you see the young ones, the diseased was already killed as they spawn at it's death.

This is what I thought as well, and seeing the young shark spawned, I thought that the diseased was spawned - this is not the case, as after searching the entire area, the young shark had simply respawned in the same spot, while there had been no diseased sharks in sight. I camped it for a few hours and never saw anything but the Young Shark spawn (about 20 kills)

I have probably killed about twice that many of the regular sharks as well, so I'm a little confused as to what the PH is for the diseased shark - I usually have pretty bad luck with stuff like this, so I just want to make sure I'm barking up the right tree.. :D

km2783
05-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Hmm, I recall actually doing this quest way back when and it wasn't any kind of newbie armor quest (ie just the bp, not a whole set of barnacle armor). It wasn't this much trouble, either. I killed the Diseased Shark and several young ones spawned. It drops a Lore shark skin that you combine with the baby shark remains in the bag.

Maybe it's broken.

Pyrocat
05-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I think this quest is bugged as well. I tried in beta with a lvl 50 character killing all of the sharks for about two hours with no luck.

Should probably be moved to the bug forum.

nilbog
06-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Fixed, pending update.