PDA

View Full Version : Getting past level 1 as a Barbarian Shaman

greppy
08-30-2012, 11:18 AM
So I created a barbarian shaman.

And everything just outside of Halas is a yellow con. I think I might have gotten one spiderling down to half health.

Should I be going somewhere else in Everfrost Peaks?

Raavak
08-30-2012, 11:30 AM
I could swear there is plenty of white cons just outside there if you don't stray too far.

Watch out for that red con named skeleton or w.e. that roams by.

Barkingturtle
08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Make sure your club is equipped.

greppy
08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah, club equipped, thanks. :P All of the spiders, spiderlings, bears and wolves are yellow con. I managed to find one white whelp spawn and am camping him to get to level 2...

greppy
08-30-2012, 11:45 AM
SOB. My white con whelp repopped as a yellow con scout this time. Maybe I should move this thread to the bugs forum....

Itap
08-30-2012, 11:45 AM
If you're complaining about level 1, this game may not be right for you lol.

In all seriousness, I never liked that starting area, always ended up getting whacked by the skelly roamer

greppy
08-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Level 1 on any of the other characters I have started has not been an issue. Dwarf, Woodelf, Gnome... no problems. And if this barb was in one of those other starting zones, it would most likely be just fine. *shrug* since I have just barely enough gold to get my dd, going to try pulling those yellow con gobbies to the guards.

bizzum
08-30-2012, 04:54 PM
There should most definitely be white mobs. I dont know if they all magically popped as yellows and need to be slain or what.

Kevlar
08-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Run down to Qeynos and bum a bind. Its a much friendlier zone to 5 and then you can start doing the blackburrow weenie stuff. Or just bum a port to wc, get bound in freeport and buff beg. You'll be level 10 in minutes.

Camulet
08-31-2012, 07:15 AM
I started in EF on my lvl 1 barb shaman, and I found plenty of white cons at lvl one and find it the best zone to get to level 5 in so unsure why your finding it difficult.

There are pleny of decaying skeletons there which are all level 1 so stick to those until 2 when bears etc become even con. Also there are whelps and gnoll pups which i believe are level one.

Zartron

Auvdar
09-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Run to Qeynos, get bound. Do the mail quest from Qeynos to Surefall a few dozen times to get a good starter cash fund (and a lvl or two). Get spells, go back to Halas and own the now blue cons that were thrashing you earlier. (I think there is a mail quest from Halas to Surefall or Qeynos too. But Qeynos to Surefall just seems easier)

Tecmos Deception
09-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Everfrost is a mountainous maze of a zone with red-con, wandering KoSers.

Every other newbie zone is a wide-open plain full of level 1 and level 2 nonaggro mobs.

Something's wrong with anyone who can't sympathize with the OP.

Edit - I also like the comments about running the level 1 barbarian (no invis, no sow, and no buffs to speak of, who is having trouble killing level 2 mobs) through blackburrow (which, more likely than not, is fully popped) to qeynos (a city that isn't exactly swarmed with level 12/14+ players) to get a bind.

TLDR? Halas sucks.

Briscoe
09-10-2012, 08:59 AM
to qeynos (a city that isn't exactly swarmed with level 12/14+ players) to get a bind.

Good point here...the OP could hit level 5 in Everfrost before he manages to get a bind in Qeynos.

Hodge
10-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Or just bum a port to wc, get bound in freeport and buff beg. You'll be level 10 in minutes.

he isnt joking