PDA

View Full Version : CLR/ENC duo, possibru?

NenshouStar
09-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Effective?
i mean, share your thoughts,
as a duo alone?
in group situations/finding a group?
the 1-50+ grind?
this is Cleric / Enchanter,
me and my girlfriend just recently started playing together.. (i used my high charisma score)
anyways, she wanted to play a highelf Cleric, so i decided to roll a highelf Enchanter alongside her.

we're both level 4 now, you can probably find us hunting around the Greaterfaydark.
Treimyth and Avielira

what can we expect to accomplish? i know it's the perfect set up, assuming
a tank can be found... but are there enough of them is what i'm getting at.

the reason i ask, is because i have a level14 Shadowknight that can be
substituted in when we get in the mid teens, i'm a little torn on the best choice of action. any non-trolltastic input is appreciated.

NenshouStar
09-05-2012, 12:48 AM
edit* maybe somebody could just offer some creative ways to exp, as i'm pretty new to this trickery.
as well as some good places to go and do it each level bracket.

Boilon
09-05-2012, 01:19 AM
once you get the charm spell for the enchanter, just get Enchanter to make a pet and crush mobs with it and cleric can heal, really best way... gets even better 39+ when cleric gets complete heal, literally insane exp to be found

Splorf22
09-05-2012, 01:46 AM
clr/enc is probably the second best xp duo behind enc/enc.

godbox
09-05-2012, 02:00 AM
before this devolves into "no ???/??? is best duo" ya it will work fine ench has all the tools to navigate dungeons for both of u (double invis/lull/mez/memwipe) and provides the highest possible in game dps via carefully selected pet/haste. so cleric just follows around and save ench from death with mega hp buffs heals and pet heals (although ench can just break>root>memblur for quicky complete heal for no mana)

also sham/necro is best duo =O

godbox
09-05-2012, 02:04 AM
if your both starting from scratch also few gear suggestions
any cheap +cha gear for the ench (crude steign/rod of insidious glamour)
and then just +hp items for both of you.

falkun
09-05-2012, 07:21 AM
CLR/ENC is really strong. Enc uses animations until they get the charm spell. Cleric heals animation and you let animation tank/DPS until you want to nuke it down.

Once the ENC gets charm, have the enc tash and charm a pet, then have the cleric heal it while the ENC pet kills things. Enc solo basically has to get a new pet every time his dies, but with a cleric, he can keep the same pet all night.

Just make sure the cleric keeps stun loaded and ready to stun the pet when charm breaks. And keep the mob the charmed pet is killing rooted. Its a trio without having to split exp three ways.

webrunner5
09-05-2012, 10:50 AM
High level Enchanter in Kunark era is just about as good as it gets. Yeah the Cleric Duo is just icing on the cake.

pharmakos
09-05-2012, 10:54 AM
well, by the time you get your enchanter to 14 you'll probably know the answer yourself :)

i'd think it would be doable though. you both have stuns, maybe the mobs won't even have a chance to swing =p

falkun
09-05-2012, 11:55 AM
well, by the time you get your enchanter to 14 you'll probably know the answer yourself :)

i'd think it would be doable though. you both have stuns, maybe the mobs won't even have a chance to swing =p

Its not about stun-lock. Its that charm solo is the 2nd fastest solo in the game (2nd only to bard AE kiting 50+ mobs). This leveling is made much safer by adding a healer, which IMO offsets the decrease in leveling speed by virtually never having to CR.

godbox
09-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Its not about stun-lock. Its that charm solo is the 2nd fastest solo in the game (2nd only to bard AE kiting 50+ mobs). This leveling is made much safer by adding a healer, which IMO offsets the decrease in leveling speed by virtually never having to CR.

and not needing to break the charm pet or ( correct me if im wrong) even do any damage since being grouped eliminates the pet eating exp?

Haul
09-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Best duo combo in game, hands down pve (add in a warrior and you can defeat just about anything pve in game). However, if its outdoor pvp/pve I'd prolly prefer druid or shaman with my ench. Snare is too effective outdoors and defeats the need for CH.

NenshouStar
09-05-2012, 12:50 PM
thanks, looks like Charming 12+
and the whole pet exp thing only counts when solo, so that's nifty.
can anybody confirm the effects of Charisma on charms?
i see a mixed bag everywhere when it comes down to the nitty gritty.
charisma gear should be easy enough to obtain. most of it IS pretty cheap.

Coriolis
09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
I've heard/read many things about CHA gear affecting charm, however all of them agree that more charisma equates to a better chance to have a successful charm. As for duration, well, I'm not sure if the tick checks are against MR/CHA or just MR etc, but for landing a charm charisma is vital.

If you were solo-charming as an enchanter I'd say keep an even balance of int/cha gear, but since you have heals etc, the "OH SHIT CHARM BROKE" moments won't be as risky or mana-intensive, so it may pay off to push charisma more.

godbox
09-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I've heard/read many things about CHA gear affecting charm, however all of them agree that more charisma equates to a better chance to have a successful charm. As for duration, well, I'm not sure if the tick checks are against MR/CHA or just MR etc, but for landing a charm charisma is vital.

If you were solo-charming as an enchanter I'd say keep an even balance of int/cha gear, but since you have heals etc, the "OH SHIT CHARM BROKE" moments won't be as risky or mana-intensive, so it may pay off to push charisma more.

what ive heard from high lvl ench is
checks go Level>Cha/MR
but 150+ cha is good to get
and i noticed a major difference in charm breaks/fails going from high int to high cha gear
the above poster is wrong about +int gear tho its essentially useless because +int doesnt have really large +mana effects until 50+ (and then its still meh) its much better to stack +hp items and then +cha and or raw mana items.

Picked
09-05-2012, 03:08 PM
The clarity the Ench gives to Clerics helps a lot too. It's amazing at how much difference a little mana regen can make.

Definitely a strong duo team. Plus if you happen to run into a tank that enjoys grouping with you guys you pretty much have your entire group set. DPS is always easy to find. And you could do just about any dungeon you really want too for any drops you may want along the way.

Kudos for getting the significant other involved. Always makes wife faction grinding easier.

fadetree
09-05-2012, 04:32 PM
hmm lets see.......whats missing.....oh yeah SNARE. Grab ranger and own. It's only fair, that way the cleric gets a pet too!

Tecmos Deception
09-05-2012, 04:52 PM
hmm lets see.......whats missing.....oh yeah SNARE. Grab ranger and own. It's only fair, that way the cleric gets a pet too!

Inny cleric!

Chanters tend to keep things rooted 24/7 anyways incase of charm breaks :p

Striiker
09-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Charisma effects charm. It is checked when first attempting to land charm and is checked every tick (6 seconds). Magic resistance is also a factor so you will want to always Tash a charm target before charming it.
Low level charming was kind of broken here when I was lower level. It was broken in that it was not even close to how it was on live in 1999 / 2000. I don't know if this was fixed. Charm was not reliable until level 39. At that point, charm worked very well. Up to that point, I relied more heavily upon my animation.
Good luck! The Enchanter / Cleric duo should do well for you. You also have a good start of a group. Grab a tank and fill out with DPS / utility classes.