PDA

View Full Version : Why do I run so Slow?

Kuja17
09-13-2012, 10:41 AM
For some reason I'm always slower than any other player.
Also mobs seem to catch me pretty easily.
Im a Wood Elf Druid.

I have sow, not encumbered, run/walk is right.

Any suggestions?

isoka
09-13-2012, 10:43 AM
I see two other reasons for running slowly :
Either you have a crappy internet connection, either you have low agility.

Ele
09-13-2012, 10:50 AM
laptop, multicore, frame rate issues?

Raavak
09-13-2012, 11:03 AM
laptop, multicore, frame rate issues?
I run faster on my laptop when its plugged into a wall socket. The framerate drops dramatically when on battery for some reason.

Sweetbaby Jesus
09-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Pretty sure it's a multi-core issue. There is something you can download that will make EQ run on a single core, can't remember what it's called though. Also helps with the crashing while zoning issue if I remember correctly. I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about.

fadetree
09-13-2012, 11:11 AM
I run faster on my laptop when its plugged into a wall socket. The framerate drops dramatically when on battery for some reason.

Power management is downscaling your video card to save battery. Change your power management settings to alleviate.

Kuja17
09-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Thank you everyone, this def sounds like what im dealing with. Ill try this tonight and post an update

Sweetbaby Jesus
09-13-2012, 11:24 AM
The program I'm talking about can be found in the Duxa all in one package. You can actually uncheck everything and just download the multi core fix I believe.

Picked
09-13-2012, 11:28 AM
kudos to you people who play on laptops. I can't do it. I got to have my big monitor staring me in the face haha

Would be awesome to take EQ with you wherever you went though.

Nerosys
09-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey i had this same issue when i first started on P99 all you have to do is reduce your FPS down to 50 in the options as back than that was the highest the game could register anything over that slows your movement not sure why.

Hope this helps

Rotokan

Kuja17
09-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Gonna try the frames and the duxa download, thank you guys.

GDoubleYou
09-13-2012, 03:11 PM
You don't need a special program to change the cores. I used to have that problem all the time and the easiest way to fix it is by doing the following:

Start EQ
Alt-tab out to the desktop if playing in full screen mode
Right click on your task bar and go to Task Manager
Go to the Processes tab along the top
Find the process with an Image Name of eqgame.exe (Click directly on "Image Name" to sort alphabetically)
Right click on eqgame.exe, click set affinity
Uncheck all boxes other than CPU 0 and hit OK

Return to EQ and you should be problem free

Nerosys
09-13-2012, 06:07 PM
i have a 6 core processor and have never had an issue after i changed the FPS never had to do any of that other stuff.

Furniture
09-14-2012, 09:05 AM
either you have low agility.

lol what?

Nirgon
09-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Multi processor absolutely fux with EQ. She's an old girl, you gotta know how to treat her right.

quido
09-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Strafe-run

Vicatin
09-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Setting max fps and changing resolution to match desktop should be your first steps.

Theta
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Bump on this thread.

I'd love to, once and for all, solve this issue.

I am running on a multi-core laptop and sometimes have the "running slow" issue, as well. I've tried literally everything I can think of to solve this.

Ran "EQPlayNice," and "WinEQ 2" to no avail.

Copied "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme" into the target of the EQEmu P99 shortcut.

CPU 1 is already unchecked in the affinity options (only CPU 0 is selected).

Matched resolution of desktop to EQ resolution, as well as adjusting my FPS to 50.

None of these seem to solve this problem that sporadically comes in and out of my time in P99.

Any other suggestions that you've come across?

a2j2t
09-22-2012, 12:50 AM
If none of those things worked for you, you might have to try this.

Before windows even starts go into the computer options and actually disable one of your processors. Inefficient for the computer itself, but it was the ONLY way I could get EQ to run. (And yes, I've tried everything and more named on this forum as well as others).

Good luck!

Tasslehofp99
09-22-2012, 11:17 AM
lol damn, glad I haven't ran into any of these issues here.

renegadeofunk
09-22-2012, 11:22 AM
If you're using the EQemu launcher, there's a "use_one_cpu" option in eqemulauncher.xml. Didn't fix the problem I have (spell effects/lightning makes my game stutter) but if it helps you, that's the easiest way.