PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a leveling partner

KingKong
09-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Hey, as the title suggests, I'm looking for a leveling partner. I'm a recent addition to P99 and I'm having a blast thus far. The only down side is that I chose to level up an iksar monk; going in to it, I know that is a pain for the exp bonus, (looking at it with a modern perspective, wtf were the devs thinking!?), and besides the obvious defunct reasons of leveling up solo in EQ, I'm planning on powering through it.

That said, if anyone is an iksar or has an iksar alt in the low levels, shoot me an IM on here or in game and lets team up. Granted, I'm only 5 at the moment, buuuut, the theory I have is that start early and learn eachothers playstyles and adapt them to one another.

Name in game is Konge. Likely I'm the only running around Cabilis cursing under my breath and trying hard to not get it mixed up with semi-forgotten maps of Orgrimmar. :D

orsk
09-21-2012, 11:55 PM
ASL tho?

Tecmos Deception
09-22-2012, 08:21 AM
I know that is a pain for the exp bonus, (looking at it with a modern perspective, wtf were the devs thinking!?)

The race penalties pretty much make sense, imo. Maybe the races with innate hide should have had a 5-10% penalty while the vanilla races (human, erudite, high elf, etc.) could have had bonuses, but overall they were done right I think.

What doesn't make sense is that the 40% penalties are on hybrids instead of on enchanters, shamans, necros, and bards. Or that warriors and rogues, basically the only two classes who can't solo in the game, only have a 5-10% bonus.

Swish
09-22-2012, 12:39 PM
What doesn't make sense is that the 40% penalties are on hybrids instead of on enchanters, shamans, necros, and bards.

Agree completely, though aren't bards subject to the hybrid 40%?

Troll/iksar SKs are extremely difficult to level as you get higher, I stopped at 43 out of a combination of difficulty in finding groups and slow level progress in places like SolB :(